CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hear you, dood, full-time job, wife, kid, kid on the way, and I'm still managing to hold my own. I've been much better in the past two Halos simply due to actually thinking about my positioning and outplaying my opponent in more than just gunskill. In Halo 2 until late Reach, I would literally just hold forward and shoot, no thought to timing weapons, map control, anything to that. I've simply applied my research to my raw skill, and badabing, I'm a much higher level than I've ever been (my KDR is lower just from playing better players, but even that is getting better, had a wicked awful week a bit ago).

It's amazing how just browsing THC and Beyond for the past three years have improved me as a player.

Most definitely though I'm definitely not as busy as you haha

Exactly, I think I have an average shot, nothing special tbh and I'm doing better than players who have better aim than me. I'm just using my head a lot of the times and I get good numbers on the boards. A lot of the times you just have to preemptively think about what to do or what your opponents want to do and you will be alright.

Once you can get positioning, team work, zoning, LoS etc down you can do a lot better than someone who just has good shots.

When people mention this game having the largest skillgap since... They fail to realise that with the exception of the magnum, every other weapon is the easiest theyve ever been in the whole series. Sniper, Shotty, SMR, BR, etc.

For me the broken aiming is the only thing stopping this being the most forgiving Halo ever (which imo is H4).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When people mention this game having the largest skillgap since... They fail to realise that with the exception of the magnum, every other weapon is the easiest theyve ever been in the whole series. Sniper, Shotty, SMR, BR, etc.

For me the broken aiming is the only thing stopping this being the most forgiving Halo ever (which imo is H4).

I disagree with that. The H2 and H3 BR were easier than the H5 BR for sure and the shotgun is only easy because of radar and stupid maps. 

Well, the H5 BR does register more reliably so maybe that's why people think it's easier? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Instead of getting in a contest of who can throw around the most hyperboles about how easing the aiming in this game is, where is the outrage about radar being in so called "competitive" settings or the fact that the primary weapon of that same playlist is the assault rifle?

Lets not even talk about the fact that there actually is a sprint toggle in this game. Apparently thats been completly forgotten.

343 really are the masters of the "foot in the door" technique. Just put in lots of small garbage changes and hope everyone forgets about it until its too late.

Anyways, carry on with posting how "everyone can be snipedown in H5".

I disagree with that. The H2 and H3 BR were easier than the H5 BR for sure and the shotgun is only easy because of radar and stupid maps. 

Well, the H5 BR does register more reliably so maybe that's why people think it's easier? 

I agree with him as well. H5 BR is far easier than the H2/H3 BR. The magnetism isn't on H2A levels, but the combination of auto-aim and magnetism is just far higher than previous Halo's. I would say it's closer to Halo 4's BR which is was also extremely easy in it's own merit; possibly a little harder than H4. I can't remember too clearly because I honestly could not care any less about that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with him as well. H5 BR is far easier than the H2/H3 BR. The magnetism isn't on H2A levels, but the combination of auto-aim and magnetism is just far higher than previous Halo's. I would say it's closer to Halo 4's BR which is was also extremely easy in it's own merit.

I mean, with Halo 2 you could take your thumb off of the right stick and still 4sk people. Halo 2 had just as much bullet magnetism as well, it's just that the range was so low and only host got hits at max range. 

Idk, maybe it's the broken aiming system in Halo 5 that makes me think it's a bit harder. I'd be interested to see average perfect kills in H2/H5 in a match with pros. 

Anybody who says the h5 br is easier than the h2 or h2a br needs to seriously go back and play those games...

The hyperbole is getting absurd.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Odd, back in h2-Reach I was either in MS or HS and a very average player. in this game I am probably playing the least out of the Halos cos of other life stuff and its my best Halo skill wise.

maybe you just play smarter now? I was a young gunner in Halo 2 but in Halo 3 I started using my brain too and that really made the difference. I also now play on a 32 inch samsung TV which really hinders me

Fantastic news! No idea why you got a downvote for it.

Sitri and friends joking around :)

Odd, back in h2-Reach I was either in MS or HS and a very average player. in this game I am probably playing the least out of the Halos cos of other life stuff and its my best Halo skill wise.

I find it hard to judge because of the lack of party restrictions. Its hard to judge where you lay in the skill curve when youre either playing solo vs teams of 4 or in a team of 4 vs solo players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody who says the h5 br is easier than the h2 or h2a br needs to seriously go back and play those games...

The hyperbole is getting absurd.

Seriously.

I mean, with Halo 2 you could take your thumb off of the right stick and still 4sk people. Halo 2 had just as much bullet magnetism as well, it's just that the range was so low and only host got hits at max range. 

Idk, maybe it's the broken aiming system in Halo 5 that makes me think it's a bit harder. I'd be interested to see average perfect kills in H2/H5 in a match with pros. 

Well that's an extreme exaggeration but okay lol. H2A is the game where you could literally take your thumb off, but in classic? Absolutely not. Not nearly as bad as you guys are making it sound. Not even close; there was an apparent skill gap with the H2 BR. While Halo 2 indeed did have magnetism and auto-aim, as you said, the range was very low thus, you actually had to AIM the gun at further distances. Considering BR is meant for mid to long range encounters it makes sense. However, the magnetism for every weapon across the board in H5 is higher. Significantly. Just look at the storm rifle. Just look at the sniper. There have been numerous times where I've shot and completely missed in this game with the Pistol, DMR, Sniper, etc and they were all headshots. I would post examples but they're all over this thread already.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the primary difference between Halo developers and regular developers is that regular developers use updates to move the game forward, while Halo developers use updates to move back to where they should have started from.

A perfect encapsulation of 343's entire existance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just finished a BTB game - RP increase is incredibly minimal. 953 for an 8 minute game.

maybe you just play smarter now? I was a young gunner in Halo 2 but in Halo 3 I started using my brain too and that really made the difference. I also now play on a 32 inch samsung TV which really hinders me

yea it's mainly just smarter play. My aim might have gotten a bit better, at least better than Reach or h3 IMO idk why though. For some reason in competitive games when I don't grind heavily I do better. Probably just a clearer mind when I'm playing or something idk

I think the primary difference between Halo developers and regular developers is that regular developers use updates to move the game forward, while Halo developers use updates to move back to where they should have started from.

Yep, and then people are going to thank 343 for "listening to their fans" when they take one step forward after taking two steps back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just finished a BTB game - RP increase is incredibly minimal. 953 for an 8 minute game.

So what curriculum is being used to stack RP anyways, because that payout hike is an oddball amount. What is the amount of RP per minute?

I find it hard to judge because of the lack of party restrictions. Its hard to judge where you lay in the skill curve when youre either playing solo vs teams of 4 or in a team of 4 vs solo players.

I think this is next on the things that needs to switched. I do not understand why they don't do this. I seriously don't. Especially at the very beginning of the games lifespan. It's deterring people from playing the game because they don't want to go into all ranked playlist and constantly lose due to the fact you're matching non-stop teams of 4. Makes the experience frustrating trying to beat teams setting up on solos.

This is true and it's pretty dumb they do it like this. but if you are playing against decent players who actually do compete (and know they're in a to4) and can at least handle them i would say you're decent in this game.

On that note though I don't think I'm that good in this game but I definitely play better than other Halo games when I compare how I play now vs Reach or h3 videos