CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I honestly enjoy this game. I gave up on console right when reach came out, I couldn't play H4 for more then 30 mins without wanting to throw my xbox at the wall.

My biggest pet peeve is how some of the maps use the exact same color schemes and etc. like Eden and Empire. Truth and Collesium are fun as hell tho outside of that these maps suck

It could be though.  Just hide all the ranks from the UI.  It can't be that hard to go add a bunch of IF statements before all the rank symbols and charts to turn them off and not show anybody any ranks depending on the playlist name.  if(playlistName.Contains("Social")) whateverImage.Visible = false;

Sure it's still 'ranked' but matches will be less competitive in nature and they can even still get some form of even teams.

I agree with you 100%. It just seems that 343i takes things that should be easy and makes them hard. Just add this to the list of things that they have managed to over complicate.

It really is mind-boggling.

These "dedicated servers" are a joke.

Really? I'm getting some great matches with them. I think the only time I've experience lag is on Recurve for whatever reason.

Really? I'm getting some great matches with them. I think the only time I've experience lag is on Recurve for whatever reason.

I've never disconnected from a dedicated server so much. It gets me so aggravated that I almost miss p2p. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm having a lot of fun. The more I figure out the game, the better it gets. I had an anti-honeymoon phase with this game. My controller started malfunctioning, the aiming really was hard for me to get used to, I was slow to accept using things in the sandbox that weren't the pistol, and the matchmaking system was very stringent and added stress to every Arena match. But even with that being the start of my Halo 5 experience, I've really enjoyed the competition. Constantly facing good players is really a great test. Watching my roommate play Black Ops with his buddies and just rolling through everyone just looks boring compared to the month or so of Halo 5 I've played.

The games not perfect, but it's satisfying to me in a lot of little ways. I like the tons of ways to kill people, and I love the pistol. It's so damn satisfying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm having a lot of fun. The more I figure out the game, the better it gets. I had an anti-honeymoon phase with this game. My controller started malfunctioning, the aiming really was hard for me to get used to, I was slow to accept using things in the sandbox that weren't the pistol, and the matchmaking system was very stringent and added stress to every Arena match. But even with that being the start of my Halo 5 experience, I've really enjoyed the competition. Constantly facing good players is really a great test. Watching my roommate play Black Ops with his buddies and just rolling through everyone just looks boring compared to the month or so of Halo 5 I've played.

The games not perfect, but it's satisfying to me in a lot of little ways. I like the tons of ways to kill people, and I love the pistol. It's so damn satisfying.

it's satisfying, but underpowered.

I'm seriously in love with the plasma caster.  Such an awesome weapon.

And that Hydra. Shotgun Shell-sized heat guided slugs is what sold it for me.

I'm seriously in love with the plasma caster.  Such an awesome weapon.

Completely underrated weapon. I was hoping it'd be in one of the BTB maps though.

it's satisfying, but underpowered.

At first the gap in overall usefulness between the pistol and the rifles was just too much, it really hurt the game in my eyes. However as I played more, I started learning how to use the pistol better, and got used to the aiming. The gap is much narrower in my opinion now. No longer a huge issue.

People wanting the pistol to be about as good as the rifles will never get their wish. Same thing with people wanting barebones or classic playlists. Same thing with people wanting teams of four to only face other teams. Same thing with people wanting Legendary weapons to be in Forge.

I think the most realistic things this community can push for are a removal of radar in Arena, removal of Breakout in Arena, balance changes for thruster, and maybe 6 person FFA. Those would really be nice.

At first the gap in overall usefulness between the pistol and the rifles was just too much, it really hurt the game in my eyes. However as I played more, I started learning how to use the pistol better, and got used to the aiming. The gap is much narrower in my opinion now. No longer a huge issue.

People wanting the pistol to be about as good as the rifles will never get their wish. Same thing with people wanting barebones or classic playlists. Same thing with people wanting teams of four to only face other teams. Same thing with people wanting Legendary weapons to be in Forge.

I think the most realistic things this community can push for are a removal of radar in Arena, removal of Breakout in Arena, balance changes for thruster, and maybe 6 person FFA. Those would really be nice.

This is the most defeatist post I've ever seen. If the backlash is there they will change the game. They did it in Reach and they did it in 4. They will more than likely adjust many facets of the game and give many more settings options if the community complains too much. This game has to last 3 years. They'd be completely stupid to not adjust anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I really do like the skyboxes in this game too. In spite of the detail error (lol street lamps), Array's skybox looks tight. Reminds me of Delta Halo (Great Journey).

Nice knowing you. :ghost:

Edit:  You may need to work on your handwriting. It's terrible :wutface:  My 5month old has better penmanship. :kappa:

Yes I actually write like that. My handwriting is exactly like that. Most certainly

I really do like the skyboxes in this game too. In spite of the detail error (lol street lamps), Array's skybox looks tight. Reminds me of Delta Halo (Great Journey).

To be fair, when you even see the streetlamps, it's via a glitch in an intro cutscene. XP But yes, TOTALLY agree on Array's skybox. I LOVE the stormy atmosphere  and such. Same for Genesis' skybox. Genesis reminds me of what made the old Halo's lighting so great. It felt "cool", like a morning, rather than a hot sunny day, in the afternoon.

You better be ashamed for owning that Sonic game. Christ. I'd honestly rather have the

13 and a half black rubber dildoes.

Its not the worst Sonic game though. I kinda liked it lol. Sure Sonic Adventure 2 was miles better but it was fun. Sonic Boom was the worst one by far.