CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Speaking of halo pc is there anywhere I can download that? I tried searching but I only get downloads for the custom edition, which is useless if you don't have the full game as well.

Custom Edition only requires the CD key.  You can just use mine, if I can find my case.

Though these days the game is nothing but zombies or snipers-no-shields on bloodgulch with people who only speak spanish.

BTB actually has me playing Halo 5 again. Arena maps are just too awful for me to try to take it seriously.

I only like coliseum, fathom, truth and empire, the rest suck.

Crazy, I wonder if that has happened elsewhere regarding games and issues :bman:

Based Bethesda

I only like coliseum, fathom, truth and empire, the rest suck.

I think empire is the best designed map in the game.

I also like The Rig lmao, but it's not that well recieved among my friend group

I think empire is the best designed map in the game.

I also like The Rig lmao, but it's not that well recieved among my friend group

rig is only fun on strongholds, but that's basically cheating, although I guess the hold placement is good.

Plaza I just hate, it's gross in looks and design.

Speaking of halo pc is there anywhere I can download that? I tried searching but I only get downloads for the custom edition, which is useless if you don't have the full game as well.

My Halo CE is modded to all hell with halo 3 medals, custom field of view changer, in game server list, automatic map downloading, and some other goodies. Let me see if i can put it up sometime.

Hyyh22P.gif

Another attempt of mine to visualize people's complaints with H5's visual design. Might be a bit fast to read, but fuck it.

Agreed! I think this is well made. Part of the reason why I think Halo 3's armor is the best is because its so simple

I will say though, Prefect is a relatively simple design. Smooth, general lack of detailing, in a good way. It's also easy to recognize.

Also, overdesign has always been the #1 way to overcome the lack of creativity.

compensate is a better descriptor
  • Upvote (+1) 2

In some cases, sure, in others, over design results in a more creative and unique design, although, my examples come from outside of video games, so it may be invalid to a point.

Agreed! I think this is well made. Part of the reason why I think Halo 3's armor is the best is because its so simple

The thing is, 343 are much better than Bungie at getting the general shape of the helmets right in my opinion.

iRFItqB.png

Scout looks sharper and places the visor at eye level, making it look a lot less mutated and ridiculous.

tumblr_nrg0gtTyJy1ra1o5to1_500.jpg

Helljumper places a lot more weight onto the jawline, making it look less... chinless than ODST (or Nightfall, in this case).

I will say though, Prefect is a relatively simple design. Smooth, general lack of detailing, in a good way. It's also easy to recognize.

Very true. Not sure why I put that in there, actually. Prefect was a huge step in the right direction. Even so, a darker, less reflective undersuit is also crucial, and contrast with other external factors in general.

I hope 343 updates the armor customization, not being able to customize as much as previous games really sucks.

Very true. Not sure why I put that in there, actually. Prefect was a huge step in the right direction. Even so, a darker, less reflective undersuit is also crucial, and contrast with other external factors in general.

I also totally agree that 343i nailed helmet design over Bungie. Scout's probably the best example, as you put, and I also do want a darker undersuit. I've seen multiple renders of Halo 4 armor that had a black undersuit, and immediately, it made the armor stand out more, in a good way, as well.

Have to say, I AM happy 343i's made armor sets that're smooth, and lack the over design of certain others. Freebooter is one of my favourite body types, specifically, because it's smooth, simple and subtle. Same goes for general helmet design, past a few oddities. Air Assault, EVA, and Athlon are notable favorites.

Edit: Them downvotes. Jesus. Is it really that hard to accept people like different things, or something? 

• Downvote (-1) 4