CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Same as 4v4, just worse because now instead of matching parties of 4 you can match parties of 4,5,6,7 and 8. And it has jip(lol idiots).

Ive never played a game that can be so fun in a moment to moment basis but so boring overall.

What does this game need to be fun in the end, then?

It needs the stupid sustain plan to run its course.

It needs the stupid matchmaking annoyances to get ironed out.

It could use a tune to the weapon balance.

That's it. We're almost there.

WAW, MW2, Gears, Rainbow Six, etc?

I speak within an initial launch "year". WaW, and MW2 were released after, whereas Rainbow 6 could hardly be called "competition" to Halo 3, given the latter just demolished it, sales wise and in obvious popularity. Gears of War is essentially the same case, to which Halo 3 became Gears of War's competition, not the other way around. Halo 3's main competition IN 2007 (I'll point at that specifically) came from CoD4 which was released nearly alongside it. The two former games were released a year and two years later respectively, while the latter two came out a year or so earlier. At its RELEASE, it had little competition in its way. CoD4 was the one pillar holding the roof of 2007's epicness alongside Halo 3.

Wasn't WaW in the top 5 along with GTA4 as well?

Also, I'm NOT arguing that Halo 3 was perfect or anything similar, just that no one should "feel gross for complimenting Halo 3".

Anddddd, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Halo 3 had the best Halo campaign? 

Right there with you on that one.

What does this game need to be fun in the end, then?

It needs the stupid sustain plan to run its course.

Sustain program used to be maintaining the game. You sustain the game by making sure it stays fully operational. Now it means that you sustain the game by rolling it out in phases to keep people coming back for the next great feature. It won't work. People will tire of this and just not bother. (you heard it here first)

@@TheIcePrincess

You have been outed as an SMG camper

IFEhAyS.jpg

What map is this pic from?

Basin.

Do you see the blue block of paint along the top and the black trim along the bottom? Those are the kinds of texture elements we needed all along. Not the lines running all over the surfaces in all different directions, or grills or glassy details.  It is simple things like this that will make immersion much more powerful for forge maps.

It isn't like anyone would try to take a screen shot like this intentionally to show off how good the interior can look, but it is screen shots like this that make me want to buy H5.

Too lazy to read. Can someone please summarize with a TLDR about what everyone is saying about Halo 3? Why is it even brought up?

Halo 3 is the most sucessful Halo game. Best social features, innovative at the time.

The #1 problem with anything 343 makes. They cannot seem to grasps the importance of this to have longevity in their game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is the most sucessful Halo game. Best social features, innovative at the time. Good playlists, best BTB, quality maps, etc.

Then 343 comes out with Halo 5. Seems like they have no idea what they are doing still.

Anyone with half a brain points out that all 343 has to do is mimic what Halo 3 did. Add more playlists, add social playlists, etc.

Then people diverge into their own convos from there.

Thank you. <3

Do you see the blue block of paint along the top and the black trim along the bottom? Those are the kinds of texture elements we needed all along. Not the lines running all over the surfaces in all different directions, or grills or glassy details.  It is simple things like this that will make immersion much more powerful for forge maps.

I knooooooow. I love them too. In Red base they're so much more distinctive, since the base itself is black with bright red stripes and stuff. Looks much more striking, visually.

It isn't like anyone would try to take a screen shot like this intentionally to show off how good the interior can look, but it is screen shots like this that make me want to buy H5.

I could do a bunch of screens like I did with Glacier and Alpine if you want. XP Wouldn't mind it, if ya wanna see more, unless you have the game, of course.

Halo 3 is the most sucessful Halo game. Best social features, innovative at the time. Good playlists, best BTB, quality maps, the most playlists, most unique playlists, etc.

Then 343 comes out with Halo 5. Seems like they have no idea what they are doing still. Ranked BTB with JIP. No social playlists. Trash SR leveling system. Loose MM restrictions. 5/10 maps.

Anyone with half a brain points out that all 343 has to do is mimic what Halo 3 did. Add more playlists, add social playlists, add good BTB maps, add incentive to play for years like playlist XP ranks and overall military ranks based on skill AND timeplayed, add the matchmaking restrictions and party restrictions, add playlists for social players AKA the majority of Halos fan base etc.

Generally, people are pointing out that 343 needs to start implementing things that made Halo 3 last 4-5 years, compared to the 3-4 month timeline their games usually last.

Then people diverge into their own convos from there.

Well said 10/10, what is it about halo 5 that i get bored after a few games i was destroying in btb didn't drop a game and still just wasn't feeling it. it is something about this game that doesn't have that fun factor, i can't grind Halo like i use to.

224645cec569747289393b433a7e3b14.jpg

From what I have seen, you can only JiP during the first 30 seconds to a minute. I could be wrong, just going off observation.

I've lagged out well into a game, and been able to join back. 

I've lagged out well into a game, and been able to join back. 

That's butts. I'd like it if you lagged out of a match you can join back into the game, but only you. JiP isn't good for any reason other than that.

From what I have seen, you can only JiP during the first 30 seconds to a minute. I could be wrong, just going off observation.

Nop. You can JiP anytime. One dude joined +5 minutes after a game started... I felt really bad, he was so confused.

I swear, there's no "limit" to join a game.

That's butts. I'd like it if you lagged out of a match you can join back into the game, but only you. JiP isn't good for any reason other than that.

I personally don't mind it. Could always use another teammate on our side, or enemy on the other side. I just get annoyed that people can quit, letting their team down in the process without anyone being able to step in and at least help.

Nop. You can JiP anytime. One dude joined +5 minutes after a game started... I felt really bad, he was so confused.

I swear, there's no "limit" to join a game.

Damn. That's a bit silly.

I personally don't mind it. Could always use another teammate on our side, or enemy on the other side. I just get annoyed that people can quit, letting their team down in the process without anyone being able to step in and at least help.

It's more that joining a game and the team you're on in 40 kills down, that's really frustrating.

Damn. That's a bit silly.

It's more that joining a game and the team you're on in 40 kills down, that's really frustrating.

Then balance it so you don't lose, or gain anything (XP/Rank wise) from a JiP game. You can still help or assist as much as you can, with no penalty or reward, since you just joined halfway through.

It's a good thing that BTB has JIP. The only issue is that it's ranked, but really, if you care that much about your H5 BTB rank, you're the silly one.

Its gotta be super fun to join in a game, losing, while the enemy teams has vehicles + power weapons, right? Lol no.

Regardless of being Rank/Social it is a pain in the ass for everyone. Joining a game after 30 seconds? yeah sure, whatever, but +5 minutes? +8 minutes? That's just a joke.

What's worse is, I had some of the worst experiences in Halo 4 with Join in Progress. With THE-4, I actually ended up getting a bugged suspension for entering a match when there was one minute left (losing team) and lagged out because the server was famished due to jack shit worth of playlist numbers.

Its gotta be super fun to join in a game, losing, while the enemy teams has vehicles + power weapons, right? Lol no.

Regardless of being Rank/Social it is a pain in the ass for everyone. Joining a game after 30 seconds? yeah sure, whatever, but +5 minutes? +8 minutes? That's just a joke.

BTB is the type of playlist that people quit out of most. JIP keeps games from turning into 15 minute long 8v2s. Did you play MCC? BTB was a disaster because of quitters. You can complain about JIP in the context of it being ranked but if you think that a social BTB playlist should not have JIP then you are not seeing the bigger picture here. Other games have JIP, why shouldn't Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1