CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's a start. I actually didn't know this because I haven't been following the info regarding Forge too much. I just followed it enough to know that it doesn't have texture mapping.

Can you provide an example of this so I know what you're talking about? This sounds more like a user error rather than an implementation error. And what textures? Like the ground?

I don't have a 360 at the moment so I can't show an example with Reach. I'll try and get a picture using H4.

I really wish 343 would give us an update to unlock armor, emblems, and skins through commendations. It really sucks when you have to rely on RNG luck to get the emblem or armor that you've been using in Halo for the past 10 years. At least give us the option to work towards them or something.

My biggest complaint is the fuck all RP you get for playing compared to Borezone.

I don't get this complaint.

Do you think you should get to grind for weapons/vehicles in a non-warzone playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you think you should get to grind for weapons/vehicles in a non-warzone playlist?

Some people grind for armor and skins as well, you know. :P

Around how many REQ points are you guys getting for a BTB win/loss?

Around 1,000-1,500 RP.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously

Armor? Skins? Stances? Emblems?

Some people grind for armor and skins as well, you know. :P

Which would make it a legitimate complaint if you earn 0 RP playing other playlists.

Obviously

You're just a negging machine, aren't you.

Around how many REQ points are you guys getting for a BTB win/loss?

Probably the lowest I get from any playlist. I usually get a little over 1k every game. In a BTB game I had 35 kills, 4 stronghold captures and 5 deaths and got 900RP. In other games in Team Arena that I've done horribly in I've gotten over 1k. Makes no sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have a 360 at the moment so I can't show an example with Reach. I'll try and get a picture using H4.

I'll take your word for it man lol; don't need to bust out the 360 haha. I was genuinely asking because that could be the issue of user error or poorly coded texture mappings. Most libraries for that sort of thing don't come with intersection contingencies straight out the box. That's something you have to code yourself. I've done something similar with 3D models of roads and yes, I had to code in contingencies of texture mappings for intersecting roads (taking into account the width of each road, the degree of intersection, etc.). It takes a bit of work, but it's not like it's not doable was my only point.

lol what is this

Are you going to tell me to play the game so I can comment on the look of weapon skins next?

Do you wanna explain why you think the maps look like OG Xbox maps?

I had nice long walk around each, screenshots and erratic streams really don't do them justice.

Why the fuck have I played that standoffish map like 7 times in a row!?

Lucky you, I keep getting Recurve.

How about you play the game and have a look at the maps for yourself?

Cmon now, lemon wants those highly detailed forge maps that make performance dip to 20fps because FPS is nothing but a visual comfort and has no effect on gameplay. Detailed textures on the other hand make a game play 10 times better, Its a scientific fact and I don't know why you're arguing with him. /s

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of armor, or skins; does anyone else see the update's new armor, vehicles or unlocks in their collections tab? 

Which would make it a legitimate complaint if you earn 0 RP playing other playlists.

Still an issue, given the amount of RP I earn is still very low compared to Warzone, and some of the armor I want takes tons of grinding. What would normally take me 4 or so Warzone games, now takes me (literally) countless Slayer games, or around 8-10 BTB games. Wish the cap for earning REQ points was increased.

Do you wanna explain why you think the maps look like OG Xbox maps?

I had nice long walk around each, screenshots and erratic streams really don't do them justice.

Your exact words were:

"You wouldn't even be able to tell that they were Forge maps if no one told you."

Which is flat out, 100% wrong and the only thing I took exception with.

Speaking of armor, or skins; does anyone else see the update's new armor, vehicles or unlocks in their collections tab? 

Still an issue, given the amount of RP I earn is still very low compared to Warzone, and some of the armor I want takes tons of grinding. What would normally take me 4 or so Warzone games, now takes me (literally) countless Slayer games, or around 8-10 BTB games. Wish the cap for earning REQ points was increased.

If it seemed too grossly skewed, then that's fine, adjust it.

But what I don't want to see is players rubber-banding their sticks in arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What. The. Fuck. I swear the fluidity of my aiming is much better now. Which makes me believe that I was one of the people having a controller issue. So this whole time I was just being fucked over by some weird controller thing? So I played as well as I did on a gimped controller? Has anyone else noticed an improvement to their reticle's overall movement?

Haven't played yet today but I was having a weird issue with my elite, switched back to scuf 2 nights ago and instantly felt better. are you on an elite?

If it seemed too grossly skewed, then that's fine, adjust it.

But what I don't want to see is players rubber-banding their sticks in arena.

I know, no one does, all I want is a little boost to make playing BTB worth it, if you want to just wanna play for REQ points. Maybe a 300 to 500 REQ point boost. Put it on par with Warzone Assault.

i feel like everyone had controller issues and now with the patch being out everyone hits like a pro

the average accuracy has risen a lot since the update

edit:

anyone else had to lower their controller sensitivity by one to have the same speed as before?

Probably the lowest I get from any playlist. I usually get a little over 1k every game. In a BTB game I had 35 kills, 4 stronghold captures and 5 deaths and got 900RP. In other games in Team Arena that I've done horribly in I've gotten over 1k. Makes no sense to me.

Really seems like you should be getting 1300 - 1800 REQ points per game depending on win or loss because of how long the games will last