CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They teased something about December's REQs being present on the BTB Maps... anyone load into Customs and see anything new?

They teased something about December's REQs being present on the BTB Maps... anyone load into Customs and see anything new?

Where's said tease? Source pls

Ok wait, Some say they fixed aiming in this update some say they didn't. I'm 2,400 miles from my Xbox. Is it still wonky?

• Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.  this is what they said i wish i could test it but i am stuck at 85%.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ok wait, Some say they fixed aiming in this update some say they didn't. I'm 2,400 miles from my Xbox. Is it still wonky?

Someone definitely needs to give feedback on this. Says there was a fix in the patch notes. Interested to see if it's a step in the right direction.

So, after a long night of playing some Black Ops 3 with some local friends, I have to say 343 needs to legit, copy and paste Treyarch's CoD Caster mode for custom games DIRECTLY into Halo. No bs, literally copy and fucking paste. 

This feature is so godlike. Me and my friends were doing 1v1s/2v2s and whoever wasn't playing would switch to CoD Caster mode to do some "commentating" on the match (was fucking hilariously fun by the way). It's damn near flawless except on Free-For-All mode. There's something weird which I'm sure is a bug but the scoreboards is always top 3 even if it's just a 1v1, but there are always two CoD casters in 1th and 2nd and whoever you're watching is 3rd. There's even a built-in listen in!! And this is online!! Like come on man THIS feature would be freaking amazing for Halo.. Especially with all the online cups/ladders/tournaments H5 is planning to have.

Edit: Expanding on this, I didn't even know TB was running tournaments. Just read Saucey's post a page or two ago. This would be outstanding for these types of tournaments and it literally works without a hitch... And LIVE!! I'm almost positive this has been mentioned before in this thread, I think it just needs to be reiterated.  

:kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where's said tease? Source pls

Could have sworn I read it in one of the early reveals. Can't find it now I'll keep looking. Maybe I misread

I live in maryland, i am trying to get a full squad for BTB later tonight if anyone is trying to play. GT: FoF clutch 

Gotcha, if I'm on I'm up game. I only ask because I think we played last night and it was a bit laggy. The thing is though it seemed like the lag really was hurting you meaning like it's impossible to play through. I've played other laggy kids that were able to use that kind of lag to their advantage but yeah sucks that happened man. I'm pretty sure you just flat out froze a few times that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit I stand corrected.

The aiming has actually changed. That jump from "aiming speed" to "turning speed" that kicked in at 50% stick pressure has gone for me.

Holy shit.

Nope.

Gotcha, if I'm on I'm up game. I only ask because I think we played last night and it was a bit laggy. The thing is though it seemed like the lag really was hurting you meaning like it's impossible to play through. I've played other laggy kids that were able to use that kind of lag to their advantage but yeah sucks that happened man. I'm pretty sure you just flat out froze a few times that game.

I don't know why but i literally see kids and all of a sudden they vanish can't be found. I don't know why my internet doesn't suck i just lag in this game, what GT were you on?

I don't know why but i literally see kids and all of a sudden they vanish can't be found. I don't know why my internet doesn't suck i just lag in this game, what gGT were you on?

I was on Teapot Yo and was playing with BigShow from here. Colossus Slayer was the map but yeah I have clips saved where I'm fighting laggy kids I just have no hope, but then theres the kind of lag that absolutely gives me the advantage and the lagger the disadvantage. I felt that was the case with you. Those moments people would vanish are the moments I'd assume you'd flat out freeze rather than lag walk and damage would register on you 100% in that state.

Matched up a few times now against you. Always GG's so hopefully next time will be a bit more even.

Holy shit I stand corrected.

The aiming has actually changed. That jump from "aiming speed" to "turning speed" that kicked in at 50% stick pressure has gone for me.

Holy shit.

Nope.

So still bad?

Not home - how's BTB, is the slow turn issue fixed and did they patch any bugs?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was on Teapot Yo and was playing with BigShow from here. Colossus Slayer was the map but yeah I have clips saved where I'm fighting laggy kids I just have no hope, but then theres the kind of lag that absolutely gives me the advantage and the lagger the disadvantage. I felt that was the case with you. Those moments people would vanish are the moments I'd assume you'd flat out freeze rather than lag walk and damage would register on you 100% in that state.

Matched up a few times now against you. Always GG's so hopefully next time will be a bit more even.

Oh i remember that game i was shooting brick walls haha.

BTB is fun so far, the maps are nice (other than the fucking glare from the sun) and the gametypes are fun.

Maybe it's just full of plebs but I'm destroying so far and it's quite good (even solo!)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else's installation for the update slow down significantly at like 82%?

Internet traffic combined with internet service providers deciding to choke your download speed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Internet traffic combined with internet service providers deciding to choke your download speed.

I have 105 DL. Shouldn't take this long. Pretty sure you're right about the throttling.