CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Indeed. Neg's fine, though. On a related note; I find it really sad that on LAUNCH DAY Battlefront's only in fourth place on XBL's most played.

*cough* game is ass *cough* game got EA'd so hard *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lmao this is gold.... "I do want to point out, the enemy team did have host. They were playing on the same monitor 4 way splitscreen here, so that's 4 way host lol."

After hearing that, it makes reading the comment section so much better lol.

I know right? Even the intro says "get better without DDOS". I can't believe so many people can't detect satire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting video

According to that video:

The Pistol and BR have the exact same perfect kill time. This is a bad thing given how easy the BR is.

The Storm Rifle destroys. This is a bad thing given how easy the Storm Rifle is.

All of the automatics are too powerful at range.

In regards to XP boosting... who cares?

Indeed. Neg's fine, though. On a related note; I find it really sad that on LAUNCH DAY Battlefront's only in fourth place on XBL's most played.

Pretty sure the hype about the game died right after the initial E3 gameplay release. Then the beta only confirmed everyone's suspicions.

Probably good to remember Battlefront doesn't release in Europe or Australia until the 19th. Not sure about elsewhere but it didn't have a worldwide launch.

wOnKaCatalyst [score hidden]

33 minutes ago 

i say this as a pc gamer: i'm addicted af. best halo multiplayer to date. the nostalgia lens is strong when reflecting on the days of halo 2 & 3, but when attempting to be as objective as possible, halo 5 comes out on top. easy.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd honestly like to know the reasoning behind having the radar range in FFA increased because I feel like it will kill a lot of plays and promote even more camping with Autos or shotgun/scattershot.

You can't make an informed decision without it. It's too chaotic. You get backsmacked or pinched through no fault of your own. I feel like there's nothing I could have done differently to avoid things like that. I simply had no way of knowing. The game doesn't give me the tools I need to make educated plays. It's just guesswork.

In team games you get to use communication and teammate positions to narrow down where enemies are. You get none of that in FFA. You need a good radar in order to make smart plays. Without it, it's just people spawning behind each other and getting undeserved kills on defenseless players. Every other Halo game has used radar in FFA, and for good reason. The H5 radar barely even counts.

I'll take a guy camping with CQC weapons if I get to make informed plays in return.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 5s peak is usually in the evening, I saw battlefront ahead of it at 1:30am, I haven't checked since.

@@L377UC3 didn't know you posted on waypoint, I saw you in the sprint thread evicerating people. I'm amberlamps on waypoint btw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was inundated with disconnect errors on Warzone last night. Also got Fallout 3 for free apparently, sweet, that made me feel better.

Has anyone had a Req pack take like two minutes to open as well? 

Probably good to remember Battlefront doesn't release in Europe or Australia until the 19th. Not sure about elsewhere but it didn't have a worldwide launch.

If the game sucks in America. Then the game will suck in Europe.

So they fix the serious aiming issues yet or nah? Been on my honeymoon for the last week and a half and been out of the loop.

Being fixed this week, controller options coming in a December update.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being fixed this week, controller options coming in a December update.

good to hear. Flying back Thursday and hoping for btb and decent aiming when I get back. Haven't even had a chance to check out the NXOE yet.

good to hear. Flying back Thursday and hoping for btb and decent aiming when I get back. Haven't even had a chance to check out the NXOE yet.

What are your issues with aiming? I'm having problems as well but it seems like I'm the minority here, and from what I read about the update I don't know if it will fix my issues with aiming.

You can't make an informed decision without it. It's too chaotic. You get backsmacked or pinched through no fault of your own. I feel like there's nothing I could have done differently to avoid things like that. I simply had no way of knowing. The game doesn't give me the tools I need to make educated plays. It's just guesswork.

In team games you get to use communication and teammate positions to narrow down where enemies are. You get none of that in FFA. You need a good radar in order to make smart plays. Without it, it's just people spawning behind each other and getting undeserved kills on defenseless players. Every other Halo game has used radar in FFA, and for good reason. The H5 radar barely even counts.

I'll take a guy camping with CQC weapons if I get to make informed plays in return.

I won't because the CQC weapons in H5 are twice as good as they have ever been in halo so the only informed plays you'll be making is informed decisions camped in a corner with your storm rifle waiting for that guy who is stupid enough to run around the map and challenge. Idk what the radar range was in H2A FFA but I'm sure it was a longer range and everything you're complaining about happened anyway because it was too chaotic and there was too many people.

The main problem is that 8 man FFA is too much, especially on maps like Empire and Coliseum.

Was looking around the API a few minutes ago, found some information about BTB. 

PwR4z65.png

While that shows BTB CTF, the playlist description reads: "Slayer and Strongholds for full teams of 8 on 8."

----

Also, two of the Forge maps are showing on the map list on the API too. No idea if the map names were known already:

Glacier

glacier-da49293bfc9a4e978b1400e35be2d71b

Parallax

space-a7862c5d6b7040f190da850757df4b40.j

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey why doesn't overtime end after someone gets a flag cap? Just had to play full 3 minutes even though we capped after a minute.

Halo 5s peak is usually in the evening, I saw battlefront ahead of it at 1:30am, I haven't checked since.

@@L377UC3 didn't know you posted on waypoint, I saw you in the sprint thread evicerating people. I'm amberlamps on waypoint btw.

The hive has been especially rowdy today. I had to take my big stick to work.

And I see you, now. Fine job. Weird how it's only been a year and I'm recognizing gamertags from across the communities. I accidentally ran into @@Cursed Lemon, @@IHATEKEVINBRAND, @My Namez BEAST and a whole host of others on nearly the same thread not too long ago.