CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This strikes me as curious. Half of any game is strategy and being able to use or abuse the sandbox better than the other team. Take LoL for example. When 1 or more champions become extremely overpowered due to an item change, or buffs to those champions or nerfs to their counters, people play them. Why? Because it gives them the edge. There are things in this game that give people an edge (using the radar, catching someone off guard with an auto, etc). That just means they are playing to the strategy aspect of the game, making them not bad players if they are able to organize a win strategically over a "better" player.  If the better player were to play to the meta of the game, they would surely win. 

I've seen multiple people post about there not being a skill gap because of autos, then turn right around and say that the pro team must not have abused the autos because in the hands of someone with good accuracy they are ridiculously OP. That is an oxymoron if I've ever seen it.

I am not saying that the game doesn't need to be changed to emphasize precision weapons over autos, but what I am saying is these people are smart enough to use what they are given to beat you. When they do, you get mad and come here to complain lol.

Until there is a change to autos, if someone isn't abusing them within their effective ranges, they are knowingly playing with a handicap. I am 100% guilty of this myself, I have somewhere around 50 AR kills including kills in Warzone. Metas change all the time in games. Like it or not, the current Halo 5 meta is abusing the SMG or AR within its range. Abuse it, or get shit on by "worse" players. Once the meta shifts, you can start taking a dump on them.

Edit: sorry I have 70 kills with the AR accounting for warzone and arena. :P

The thing is, Halo is not bloody LoL.

It is supposed to have a sandbox designed around one clear utility weapon. Right now we have a mess of OP easy to use weapons along with some random Precisions here and there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can people stop citing NDP. They don't track digital sales. Which makes their numbers irrelevant.

an interesting thing though, at least ten percent of Xbox owners have halo 5, if it sold 1.5 million, using a generous estimate of the xbones sales, 15,000,000. To compare, halo 4 sold 3 million copies when the Xbox was at 76,000,000 consoles. That's a much lower ratio, and too be honest, it's surprising halo 5s numbers aren't lower than they are.

The thing is, Halo is not bloody LoL.

It is supposed to have a sandbox designed around one clear utility weapon. Right now we have a mess of OP easy to use weapons along with some random Precisions here and there.

That is correct, but that is not how the game currently plays. It's a different meta than other games atm. Until it shifts back to precision weapons > autos at all ranges then you have to play it at such, or do like me and refuse to use autos and accept the fact I'll lose gunfights I should win until it is changed. I'm not gonna come here and post about getting shit on by someone abusing the current sandbox everytime I lose to an AR while using the magnum. Instead I'll shoot feedback to 343 explaining why I feel like the current sandbox is not ideal.

That is correct, but that is not how the game currently plays. It's a different meta than other games atm. Until it shifts back to precision weapons > autos at all ranges then you have to play it at such, or do like me and refuse to use autos and accept the fact I'll lose gunfights I should win until it is changed. I'm not gonna come here and post about getting shit on by someone abusing the current sandbox everytime I lose to an AR while using the magnum. Instead I'll shoot feedback to 343 explaining why I feel like the current sandbox is not ideal.

We are abusing the sandbox that's not the problem. The problem is we don't like the gameplay. It sucks. It's camping with autos. Not fun at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

We are abusing the sandbox that's not the problem. The problem is we don't like the gameplay. It sucks. It's camping with autos. Not fun at all.

And I agree the game should return to precision weapons > autos as I've said many many many times. Check my stats and you'll see I rarely use autos at all myself, I just don't prefer to play that way. I still manage to get wins though so they aren't the all powerful use-and-insta-win weapons that people make them out to be. We just need a stronger magnum.

And I agree the game should return to precision weapons > autos as I've said many many many times.

Then we agree. I was just a responding to that particular statement. I'm glad you aren't defending the autos.

Then we agree. I was just a responding to that particular statement. I'm glad you aren't defending the autos.

4sk magnum would solve a lot of auto problems imo. Idk if it would be possible to test that out in a custom game or not, but I feel like if the magnum could kill in one less shot, even if the AR didn't receive a nerf, a perfect kill from the magnum would still win out every time and would be much less of a problem. Also shooting while thrusting would nerf auto's as well since I'd be able to thrust back out of their range while still hitting them.

4sk magnum would solve a lot of auto problems imo. Idk if it would be possible to test that out in a custom game or not, but I feel like if the magnum could kill in one less shot, even if the AR didn't receive a nerf, a perfect kill from the magnum would still win out every time and would be much less of a problem. Also shooting while thrusting would nerf auto's as well since I'd be able to thrust back out of their range while still hitting them.

4sk would definitely help but I don't know if it would fully alleviate the problems. Tbh if they want to keep the entire sandbox the way it is they should just remove things for comp. that way the noobs can use their autos in social and ranked is left completely to skilled weapons. But like I was saying one of the biggest problems with using the pistol in cqc is the weird aiming system the game uses. When they get too close you really start to fight your reticle and become really inaccurate. But I do agree SOMETHING has to happen to rebalance the game.

The radar is also a huge contributor to the auto problem. People now know when exactly to pull out the autos when they see that little blimp on the radar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a few games of Doubles. Holy goddamn balls is it frustrating to lose to two RANDOMS who can just spam AR. Seriously; whoever said Arena's problems were amplified in Doubles was right. Could openly tell the players were less skilled than my teammate and I, who'd partied up, yet they won, solely because they could AR and grenade spam the hell out of us, despite our obviously superior skill levels. Totally agree it needs a nerf in some way. Even damage wise. Make it take three more bullets to kill a person, or decrease the range, increase the spread; because that sorta ridiculous crap, where noobs win against experienced players, should not happen in game.

On the other hand, I got a TO4 for Arena/Slayer. The game in that aspect? Significantly less frustrating. Really fun, to be honest. They just need to tone down the AR.

I'm sorry you had to experience it, but I'm glad you did.

Now imagine if you dealt with people who were actually as good as you and willing to abuse the weapon that's even stronger than the AR (storm rifle) over and over.

Now imagine if you dealt with people who were actually as good as you and willing to abuse the weapon that's even stronger than the AR (storm rifle) over and over.

Its fucking awful man, played two matches of doubles and I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Radar is so dumb and should never be in a halo with over powered autos. It makes the game not even fun at times it also makes the rocket people camp and shoot before you even turn a corner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk if I come over as a douche, but that is such a butthurt post, cant help myself.

You lost. You got outplayed. Calling other people noobs when they beat you and blame it on whatever.

I am all in for a nerf/removement and Im even more in for a 4 shot pistol. But these butthurt post happen in every forum of every game. Just like the butthurt noobs of older Halos that got their ass beaten by CE pistol and BRs, and wanted them nerved/removed.

Also calling this game a noobfest? (Not you) funny, because I still see the top players being top players and I get sweaty games every fucking game.

We can ask for nervs/buffs and talk about them, but stop being butthurt over any loss or death.

That is all.

I can be "butthurt" when I know the weapon carried the player, over the player's skill beating me and my ally. When newbs (Or "new" players) are able to beat a few experienced players, because they can abuse a weapon through ease of  use, then I kinda have a right to complain, because there's an actual ISSUE there. 

I'll stop being butthurt, when there's no longer an issue. On top of that; despite my use of the term, mainly for consistency between your response and mine, "butthurt" is such a juvenile term. Seriously.

I don't even want to. Plz nu.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even tho I see the problems and I do get frustrated from time to time, I'm still enjoying halo 5. Which is nice for me Cos it's been too long since I've liked a halo game.

Can't wait for BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 7

4sk would definitely help but I don't know if it would fully alleviate the problems. Tbh if they want to keep the entire sandbox the way it is they should just remove things for comp. that way the noobs can use their autos in social and ranked is left completely to skilled weapons. But like I was saying one of the biggest problems with using the pistol in cqc is the weird aiming system the game uses. When they get too close you really start to fight your reticle and become really inaccurate. But I do agree SOMETHING has to happen to rebalance the game.

I also get the weird aiming bs playing Bo3. I'm starting to wonder if the aiming thing is being exacerbated by some setting in the xbox one controller firmware. If I hadn't have updated both my controllers to the latest update I'd be able to test that theory.

Even tho I see the problems and I do get frustrated from time to time, I'm still enjoying halo 5. Which is nice for me Cos it's been too long since I've liked a halo game.

Can't wait for BTB.

I used to think ranks would be fine for BTB but after seeing how long it takes Champions in 4v4 playlists to match other teams, I can't imagine how bad its going to be for BTB.

Really hope they make it unranked ASAP.

EDIT: Ideally everything would be ranked and we'd all find games in seconds with solo players matching each other and parties matching each but I don't think that's ever going to be the case. 

Lets not even start to talk about how awful 8 randoms matching a party in higher ranked BTB is going to be. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I used to think ranks would be fine for BTB but after seeing how long it takes Champions in 4v4 playlists to match other teams, I can't imagine how bad its going to be for BTB.

I'd rather long search times as long as it meant finding players of even skill

/s    

Why? Usually Champions don't care that much about search time.

We already have two social BTB-like playlists, Warzone and Warzone Assault, we don't need a 3rd. Champions are just going to have to wait for matches like in other playlists. Obviously the party restrictions aren't too rigid in this game.

EDIT: Ideally everything would be ranked and we'd all find games in seconds with solo players matching each other and parties matching each but I don't think that's ever going to be the case. 

Lets not even start to talk about how awful 8 randoms matching a party in higher ranked BTB is going to be. 

Or they could... fix the awful Matchmaking parameters that somehow don't let Champions match lower Onyxes.

Seriously, the Onyx to Champion is the equivalent of 50 in Halo 3 in terms of skill range. In fact, I'd go as far as to include part of Diamond in there.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why? Usually Champions don't care that much about search time.

I just edited my post to add a little more but there's more than long search times. Since party restrictions are pretty much non-existent in this game, BTB is going to be hell for the solo player. 

Can you imagine when Gigglemonster and his squad matches 8 randoms in BTB? It's going to suck. 

We already have two social BTB-like playlists, Warzone and Warzone Assault, we don't need a 3rd. Champions are just going to have to wait for matches like in other playlists. Obviously the party restrictions aren't too rigid in this game.

I wish we'd stop saying Warzone is anything like BTB.

Or they could... fix the awful Matchmaking parameters that somehow don't let Champions match lower Onyxes.

Seriously, the Onyx to Champion is the equivalent of 50 in Halo 3 in terms of skill range. In fact, I'd go as far as to include part of Diamond in there.

That's the ideal solution but we've given our feedback about this stuff and we've heard nothing back. Short term solution is to make BTB unranked.

Without sounding cocky, I'm probably going to get Onyx pretty fast (if not after my ten initial games) and possibly Champion. I don't want to have to stop playing BTB because:

I can't find 7 others who are Onyx/Champion to play

Match solo players when I'm searching solo

I can't find games because there are a severe lack of Champions playing at some times.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're not the same. At all.