CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just once I wish 343 would humor us and either make a full fledged multiplayer game with classic settings to see how well it fares compared to other games or make a playlist within Halo 5 without all this extra stuff. I just want to play classic Halo again and it be current. Certain Affinity showed they were capable, give them a 2 year dev cycle for Arena Halo or something.

Radar works in Halo 5. I don't think I'd argue that it's preferable, but it definitely works. It's not gamebreaking like it was in older games.

You have the dumbest name I have ever seen lol. 

plus repped to counter balance this useless post. 

Thread has me feeling like shit....

I still think this game is great.....but I have not played in like 2 days..Im thinking its really just a good to4 game.

ce only populated by handicaps or people that are timing vs me and said handicaps.

cant seem to find a good halo experience anywhere. All of this negativity can be nullified if 343 would just speak the fuck up, like seriously....ive been one of the most positive in here but I want everyone else to have a reason to feel it too 

Someone said to me that I'm mad that Halo 5 isn't a simple games like the others. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? Just because there is less features doesn't make it simple. Look at the simple Halo CE or H2. There is more depth in those games then 343 will have in 10 games. Halo 5 like someone earlier in this thread has complicated the sandbox so much that. 1 there are too many variables and the maps are made so horrible that predicting movement or having general map awareness/movement has fallen off a cliff. 2 Made it so the community can simple agree on what everything should be. (What forget that 343 runs everything. They choose the settings) Seriously if you want to call the old Halo simple then fine. I rather be simple then have a extra chromosome that Halo 5 has.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Happy I didn't buy seeing the metacritic 6.6 score ..

Ah metacritic, the place where people can put in a shitty review and give it a 0/10.

IMO, the Action in the campaign is good. But I find the story to be worse than H4.

Multiplayer is really good. However, I find that the game is catered more to competitive players. Kinda like Halo 4 caters more to casuals but swapped.

No forge or file sharing on day 1 is pretty ass though.

To be fair, wasn't Ghandi talking in terms of 4v4? I remember correctly he was arguing with Dmaq about the fact that 4v4 CE was host team=Win. Where as Halo 2 the team without host could actually win.

It would have been nice if, after a certain point in the bracket, MLG would have taken advantage of the 4 Xbox limit in system link and made the host play on a screen by himself.  That way theres only one host player instead of 4.

Haven't been around in a while. Any word on a patch or any major changes?

Patch coming next week that'll add BTB and new REQ stuff, no idea if there will be bug fixes or not. 

December patch will have a fix for controller stuff.

To be fair, wasn't Ghandi talking in terms of 4v4? I remember correctly he was arguing with Dmaq about the fact that 4v4 CE was host team=Win. Where as Halo 2 the team without host could actually win.

Dmaq: "H1 is like Mozart, H2 is like Akon."

Fantastic analogy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dmaq: "H1 is like Mozart, H2 is like Akon."

Fantastic analogy.

Not disagreeing with you or the point you were making. More or less just asking for clarification on the subject.

what's your GT?  Lets play

Ditto to this. 

As for the t04 host, it would have made sense. I think Ogre 2 talked about it on stream once how even for H2 the way host was given to specific players. FB would always give it to Ogre 1 and Karma always had host in FFAs. It seemed like back then host was always given to the winning team or players until 07. Can't remember all the details but seems kind of odd looking back.

I used to play a game called Tribes Aerial Assault on ps2. Had about about 10k unique players. There were a ton of single shot weapons that took so much skill to use. It had really fast gameplay and you had to lead shots for days.

But there was a machine gun that was called the chainsaw. It was the only hitscan and automatic in the game and it raped.

10,000 players, and no one dared to use it. Didn't have to patch it, didn't have to even talk about it. Anyone had the ability to pull this thing out and destroy people. No one ever did though.

Huge tournament championship games on the line. People would have rather lost than used the chainsaw.

If a noob ever used it without knowing, people politely told him, and it wasn't spoken about again.

Times have changed man, at least on consoles.

I see where you're getting at but a ban (which is basically what you're referring to) makes sense when its seriously needed but Using "cheap" mechanics has been a thing since the '90s in gaming. Idk what times you're talking about but using what's good in the game, people have used competitively since competition in video games were a thing. This isn't a thing that in console gaming would eventually flourish and become a problem, it's just playing to win. People used Claw in Super Turbo with his "cheap" wake up pressure/mixup, people used Chun li in 3rd strike where she was practically unanimously the best character in the game in a tier heavy FG. Had gdlk buttons, a super that turns into a low/high/throw mixup etc. (I don't think she's cheap tho)

I'm not going to play smash bros in a set and not ledge hog because it's cheap and should let the guy get another chance (something my brother says), I'm not going to play Shadowrun and not use the SMG because it's for bad players who can't use a Rifle and I'm not going to stop using the Storm Rifle because it's for bad players who can't use a Pistol. I'll use what I want if I'm playing to win, I can care less about honor in a game. And if I do, I'm not playing to win and raging about cheap mechanics and not using them myself, I'm being a scrub. Unless I'm just a strict casual which I don't think anyone here is

Not using what's effective in s game/making honor rules and claiming you want to play to win is what makes someone a scrub

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you don't like it, don't play it. The fact you're punishing yourself by playing something you clearly don't like seems pointless?

Give your feedback, if it doesn't change, don't play it. That'll send a bigger message than playing and saying you dislike it ever will.

This is a fucking good post Moa

Everyone on here should abide by this

You seem to think I generally care. :P

Edit: That sounded really edgy, over the wanted tone, which was "nonchalance".

If your Halo 5 boat is sinking, make sure to hop in this safe, soft, comfortable halo 3 boat!

5747-BOAT_250x250.JPG

• Upvote (+1) 2

people used Chun li in 3rd strike where she was practically unanimously the best character in the game in a tier heavy FG. Had gdlk buttons, a super that turns into a low/high/throw mixup etc. (I don't think she's cheap tho)

full meter sa2 chun literally = god mode. 

watch for low forward half a round while she mashes s.hp....woops missed the low parry...juggled into WHOOPS! guessed wrong again, gg! 

If your Halo 5 boat is sinking, make sure to hop in this safe, soft, comfortable halo 3 boat!

5747-BOAT_250x250.JPG

Eh, my boat isn't sinking. My boat's dependent on my enjoyment, which hasn't slowed or begun to fade at all.

Edit: I got the joke, it was funny. XP

full meter sa2 chun literally = god mode.

watch for low forward half a round while she mashes s.hp....woops missed the low parry...juggled into WHOOPS! guessed wrong again, gg!

shit was bullshit lmao after the round sometimes I'm just so confused why I lost 70% of my life lol.

I did like the dynamic of super with Chun though. Once she had meter, it was practically a different matchup compared to chun with low meter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

White knight

2_By_4_Clue_Stick.jpg

Anyway, here's the Halo 5 boat

Sorry I provided an alternative "boat" rather than just talked down to people based on meta-critic scores. Hey, I'll take a 2x4 though.. at least is isn't as soft and easy as H3!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1