CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Infection consistently is second or third most populous. Why they would not have it day one is strange. Why you would suggest it be weekend only is a bit narcissistic.

Edit: I don't mean that as a slight. You literally are projecting your preferences on everyone without considering long proven track records.

If they want to make it permanent, go for it. I'd just like to see it as a weekend playlist.

I drink rum and coke when I deal with Halo 5.

Alright then...I'm done with Quake Live tonight.

Didn't know that Id was gonna stop supporting Id dedicated servers...

Fun times. I like how the game asked me that I need to fwd some port of mine to host a dam game....whereas when it was subscription based I could start a dedicated server in Dallas or any server location of my choosing.

Damn man,.....I got fool'd big time.

Quake Live being only $10 is a fucking lie. The online part of it basically got shat on.

Starcraft II anyone?

cDLGJFS.jpg

Despite how genuinely awful the situation had been, I cannot get over how low OBJECTIVE went. BTB was perhaps the worst it's ever been, and all the edgelord guests voted for Complex.

Every.

Other.

Match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait for posts from people here to try and prove MS wrong

Yet the highest it has been on the top Xbone games list since BO3 and FO4 launched is third (I've seen it as low as 6th). No one can deny that Halo 5 has made (and will keep making) M$ plenty of money, and that Halo continues to be a valuable exclusive title that sells a lot of systems. However, there are signs that gamers are already getting bored of H5, so it will be interesting to see how long H5 can stay in the top played list. 

And before someone tries to tell me that "the H5 population doesn't matter," remember that there is a correlation between the population of a game, and how many people watch said game on Twitch. Do you really think that M$ is going to continue throwing millions of dollars at H5's competitive scene if tournaments aren't getting a decent number of views?

Also if H5's population dips too low the quality of matchmade games will suffer as well. We have already seen that top players are having to resort to making "smurf" accounts to find matches (albeit for somewhat different reasons). So it will definitely matter when YOU are unable to find matches in a timely fashion. 

Yet the highest it has been on the top Xbone games list since BO3 and FO4 launched is third (I've seen it as low as 6th). No one can deny that Halo 5 has made (and will keep making) M$ plenty of money, and that Halo continues to be a valuable exclusive title that sells a lot of systems. However, there are signs that gamers are already getting bored of H5, so it will be interesting to see how long H5 can stay in the top played list. 

HCS should have started and been promoted like crazy by now. Ball, bomb, and KOTH should have been out by now, 343 needs to start making the game a big deal and promoting every event like crazy leading up to the big event at the end of the season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HCS should have started and been promoted like crazy by now. Ball, bomb, and KOTH should have been out by now, 343 needs to start making the game a big deal and promoting every event like crazy leading up to the big event at the end of the season.

radar

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BREAKING NEWS: Halo 5 is best selling game for the last five days of October

I laughed at this - Not sure why this stat was even tweeted or hyped. I wonder what the statistic for Call of Duty vs Halo in November is going to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again, why nerf, rather than just bringing every weapon up to their standard. Don't slow the game down, speed it up. Things like the Storm Rifle and Suppressor are again, map pickups for a reason. :P The Rocket Launcher's ridiculously powerful despite its ease of use on all the corner based maps we have. (And in general, to be honest), yet there's no reason to nerf it, because it fills a specific map pickup role, much like the former two.  

All automatics need to be nerfed back to H2/H3/Reach levels. There are reasons why Bungie made autos significantly weaker than rifles, mainly because they take no skill to use. I just love getting ARed in the back and my only two options are to flee or die, whereas in H2/H3/Reach I could almost always turn around and 4-5 shot them with my BR or DMR.

The storm rifle and SMG are map pickups, but they spawn like every 15 seconds and the SMG is pretty much a saw(power weapon). Way too powerful. Rockets are obviously a power weapon that is fought for and spawns only every 2-3 minutes.

I laughed at this - Not sure why this stat was even tweeted or hyped. I wonder what the statistic for Call of Duty vs Halo in November is going to be.

Overall? Or Xbox One stats only?

Holy crap even the pistol and AR have high magnetism. The AR especially. Geez. Wait scratch that the rifles are just as bad. What the hell the magnetism is through the roof with everything. Actually I just tested everything the bullets curve like CRAZY

Edit: also melee range while just standing still is absurd. Couple that with spartan charge and sprint melees and it's abysmal. Also spartan charge has insane tracking. Insane.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Infection consistently is second or third most populous. Why they would not have it day one is strange. Why you would suggest it be weekend only is a bit narcissistic.

Edit: I don't mean that as a slight. You literally are projecting your preferences on everyone without considering long proven track records.

They don't have it day one so a couple of months from now they can have an update titled "something melodramatic undead" and hype it up, get a story on every gaming news site, release reqs at the same time, and maybe even an infection related forge map. #Sustain

Add a playlist here and there. Have bravo give shallow replies on Reddit. Tweet their sucess once in awhile. Throw some money at HCS down the line.

They already made their money. Now it's sit back and make a few more million doing minimal work. The good life man.

Overall? Or Xbox One stats only?

You're sig gave me actual cancer.

Forgive me while open a new tab and fix this underdeveloped mind attempting to grapple with the wide and powerful and unrestrained truths of a universe that has forgotten to bring him along the evolutionary line - what the garbage men usually thank me for doing on Waypoint.

I'm hungry.

Despite how genuinely awful the situation had been, I cannot get over how low OBJECTIVE went. BTB was perhaps the worst it's ever been, and all the edgelord guests voted for Complex.

Every.

Other.

Match.

My mates and I always called it Quitplex because one team would always quit out in BTB. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

BREAKING NEWS: Halo 5 is best selling game for the last five days of October

Math much? Halo 5 is best selling game for month of October, despite being released for less than a week.

Thank you, please try again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Math much? Halo 5 is best selling game for month of October, despite being released for less than a week.

Thank you, please try again.

cod and fallout 4 came out in november

it was the best selling game in a month with very little competition

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course Call of Duty is going to top Halo

Cod is available on 5 different platforms (PS4/XB1/X360/PS3/PC) vs Halo's just one (XB1)

All automatics need to be nerfed back to H2/H3/Reach levels. There are reasons why Bungie made autos significantly weaker than rifles, mainly because they take no skill to use. I just love getting ARed in the back and my only two options are to flee or die, whereas in H2/H3/Reach I could almost always turn around and 4-5 shot them with my BR or DMR.

The storm rifle and SMG are map pickups, but they spawn like every 15 seconds and the SMG is pretty much a saw(power weapon). Way too powerful. Rockets are obviously a power weapon that is fought for and spawns only every 2-3 minutes.

To the bolded, you can still do that, easily if you have the skill level with any precision weapon.

Now, to a point, I would say something like the AR doesn't take much brainpower or muscle power to operate; point and shoot and generally, you'll get a kill, provided the target can't just four/five shot you down, as said earlier.  However, weapons like the Storm Rifle, or Suppressor are both under a disadvantage the AR doesn't have, on top of others, making them require a little more skill. One, the Storm Rifle, while having high damage potential, also lacks hitscan, and overheats in the same time you'd need to kill an enemy. In short, if you go head to head with a person using a BR, outside of melee range, you need to control things such as spread, while also leading your shots, if there's a strafe involved (Which there most likely will be.), or else you're going to be slaughtered, compared to the hitscan, tight spread AR. The Suppressor is the same, while also being subject to a slow wind up period to compensate for its tracking feature. The sad part is, that tracking feature will make fighting against skilled opponents even harder, since the light bolts will just tend to overshoot them when curving to compensate for their strafe, unless you're within near melee range.

My little rant is just a point to say, they're far from "no skill" weaponry. Storm Rifle and Suppressor, at least. AR doesn't exactly need a nerf; but the Magnum needs a buff. Do what Halo 4 did with the DMR. Buff the Magnum, rather than nerfing the AR as they did with the BR, to the DMR (Even though the weapon buff sucked ass). It'll keep the AR viable in the sandbox, for newbies (As was the case in 2, 3, Reach, etc) while making the Magnum a MUCH better option, provided you have the skill. 

On top of that, as a quick note, Bungie made multiple automatic weapons a force to be reckoned with. Halo: CE and 3 had the Plasma Rifle, the latter variant shredded opponents quickly in comparison to the game's utility weapon, while the former possessed traits the Magnum didn't have, such as the ability to stun opponents, which resulted in very quick kills, on top of reliability and consistency, with a lack of spread and such in the earlier model (At least, until the 10% battery range, in which it'd randomly stop firing and sputter). 

• Downvote (-1) 1

cod and fallout 4 came out in november

it was the best selling game in a month with very little competition

I think assassins creed was the only other triple a title in that month.
  • Upvote (+1) 1