CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just got absolutely destroyed by the ranking system... Played like 25+ games, lost 5-6 of them, NEVER rank up, but derank on every loss. Started at 1621, ended at 1601 (Team Arena). Is there some known bug? 

it was all good just a week ago...

iXDonXh.gif

That's what everybody says until she starts talking about her life what her favorite Mtv2 music videos are. Then you're FUCKED

I just got absolutely destroyed by the ranking system... Played like 25+ games, lost 5-6 of them, NEVER rank up, but derank on every loss. Started at 1621, ended at 1601 (Team Arena). Is there some known bug? 

It's definitely a bug. Experienced the same thing in Snipers last weekend. Was 55 wins out of 66 games and I barely made it out of Onyx. Went on a 11 win streak without budging and it wasn't until the 12th win that I went up 21 CSR. It was like that the whole time. Each loss would still derank me and it was also very difficult to find matches.

I only ranked up from winning against Snipedown and Muggsy (who was a really high rank the whole time and ended up tying for #1). I would have been really upset if I ended up not getting champ.

I'd try to reach out to Bravo on Twitter.

From my experience, I'd say it's a bug that makes the game give you a really high MMR out of nowhere, and it calculates your rank way higher than it should, resulting in barely getting anything out of wins. I could be wrong though.

here you have your screenshot, i can make a lot more of these

vHuZUEY.png

I swear the connections are somehow worse in Arena over Warzone.

Are you US or EU? maybe US players get matched on EU servers :kappa:

less ranty short version

- tested dedicated servers today

- 11/11 games were US dedi servers but im from EU (even with EU majority lobby)

- pings of 120 - 200 are very fun to play on 343i

- matchmaking system decides a dedicated server first before it tests if everyone from the lobby can connect to it, H5 is probably the only game on earth that does this

- 343i being 343i

@@Sal1ent

Just give us an option for good connection/region match making only. Bury it under advanced menus that can only be reached via Contra Code and make me confirm my choice 10X's if you want. Just stop making us play on hosts on the other side of the bloody world.

If it's 4am and no Aussies my skill level are playing then I can turn the option off, but if there's a chance I can wait an extra 1-5 minutes for a game that isn't horrible and laggy I'll gladly wait that extra time.

EDIT - I need to update my sig. The lighting is slightly better in most levels but it's still awful. It makes me cringe to know our field of vision was sacrificed to shove more lights in every level than a rave party.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will we ever get true BTB maps as DLC or something?

The terrains are basically here already, in the campaign. Such beautiful places and we are stuck with forge maps and the same UNSC structure all over Arena.

Just look at these for example:

http://i.imgur.com/zPxkLBm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qt84m4r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ts1LkQk.jpg

Or think about having a battle on top of a Kraken that even moves, with more air vehicle fights around it. How epic would that be?

http://i.imgur.com/ckB8Uyx.jpg/img]

Cant really find a good picture of Genesis, but its that beautiful, natural forerunner planet:

http://i.imgur.com/hOTBDXW.jpg

All these locations look fantastic and unique. On many of them you wouldnt even change too much to make them work for BTB.

Something like this is what I expect from a Halo game in 2015. How can anyone look at those screenshots or play the campaign and be ok with something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zkZrIsw.jpg

The first 3 screenshots is what I want to see when I hear Big Team is coming, not those bland forge maps.

Dude just be grateful you even get a BTB playlist

/s

Unacceptable

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nokyard was saying on GAF that apparently 343 has texture packs for forge already planned/in the works

• Upvote (+1) 3

The first 3 screenshots is what I want to see when I hear Big Team is coming, not those bland forge maps.

I want 4v4 maps to look more like that as well...

I can't understand it, the textures are there, the basic idea of how the architecture should look is there, they probably can re-use assets from campaign to creat great Arena maps but they choose to stick to the same UNSC themed maps and forge...

@@VinFTW

Who is "Nokyard" and is he in any way reliable?

I want 4v4 maps to look more like that as well...

I can't understand it, the textures are there, the basic idea of how the architecture should look is there, they probably can re-use assets from campaign to creat great Arena maps but they choose to stick to the same UNSC themed maps and forge...

@@VinFTW

Who is "Nokyard" and is he in any way reliable?

Hes one of the forge cartographers that went to 343 to design the forge btb maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nokyard was saying on GAF that apparently 343 has texture packs for forge already planned/in the works

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABBYYYYY

• Upvote (+1) 3

Precision weapons still have the advantage of 1-shot kills to the heads of shieldless opponents. The AR still requires 3 headshots, and the SMG requires 4.

The Storm rifle and Suppressor have no headshot multipliers.

I can't remember about the SAW.

I honestly believe that with how precise the AR can be when burst fired or fired semi-auto, the headshot multipliers are warranted for the AR.

The SMG however does not need headshot multipliers because, like the AR, it already takes only 15 shots to the body and with how much and fast it blooms, headshot multipliers just aren't necessary.

Against the AR I usually don't have trouble killing them with the Magnum.

All I do is strafe a little, and it is much easier to hit a single shot with the Magnum 5 times than land 12-15 straight rapid fire shots from the AR.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people. If someone ever gets me with an AR its because I was either teamshot, cleaned up, ambushed, or my personal favorite, killed by an opponent who actually strafed and semi-auto/burst fired his AR(this last one almost nobody thinks to do).

Seriously, I don't know if it is just me, but the Magnum is much more easily reliable than the AR, and that is considering I semi-auto/burst fire it with perfect precision like a boss.

Also, semi-auto/burst firing the AR increases its killtime because its not firing at full speed.

The AR has its uses, but in no way is it just plain better than the Magnum.

The AR is an instant kill after a melee without headshots. That's the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yet we have the most amount of competitive 4v4 maps in Halo history. Halo 3 had Guardian/Construct/Pit/Narrows. We have Coliseum, Truth/Regret, Fathom/Empire/Eden, Rig, and Plaza

This is like counting Ivory Tower, Zanzibar, and Elongation as "competitive maps" for Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played game of FFA on Regret the spawns were so bad, ppl just kill you off when spawning... FFA in general feels like nadefest in Halo 5.

This is like counting Ivory Tower, Zanzibar, and Elongation as "competitive maps" for Halo 2.

True.

If we're discussing what I believe to be competitively viable I'd probably throw Regret and Orion off the table. However, all 8 dev maps are being played in Team Arena in some form and will likely be in the HCS, so we'll see how people react to them in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spawns in this game are Garbo, I'd be willing to bet that if we got a better spawn system some of the maps would flow better.

Like in CE?

Two things that I can say regarding this:

First, uniform splash damage would be more consistent, and we don't necessarily have to have the blast radius of explosives at CE levels of ridiculousness, so as to make them too generous.

However, and second, with non-uniform splash damage you have to be much more precise with your explosives. For example, I didn't learn how to properly nail people with grenades until Halo 4, where people have to practically be standing on top of your grenades to do most of the damage.

it'd certainly make thrust less of a pain in the ass.