CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That BR sprinting animation is gonna make me puke.

I don't know if it's because the BR is shaped weird or what, but I agree with you that the animation does look off.

343 = George Lucas and I think this is the most simple way to explain everything in one image and statement. 

Star Wars = Halo CE

Empire Strikes back = Halo 2

Return of the Jedi = Halo 3

Phantom Jar Jar = Halo 4

............... :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why is giggle monster using the AR like a noob? I thought this guy was borderline semi-pro.

Different Giggle Monster. That's Giggle MonstAr.

It's kind of infuriating that the one thing EVERYONE hates (sprint), 343 is so stubbornly for it. And they have to make up bullshit reasons why it's there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is a pleasant surprise

343 could give a survey to everyone that player the beta, and if everyone but one person said that sprint sucked, they would spin it to acting like people expect it. They are full of it.

Looks like shit. Good to see you can still sprint with sword/hammer. That's not ridiculously OP or anything, nah... Smh. Also I was reading a thread on neogaf and apparently zoom is mapped to LT? Lmfao. Make the default control scheme for cod kids and then tell the actual halo fans to change it to how they want it. Unbelievable. Good to see they have their priorities straight.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Immersion is great, and the type of immersion you're referring to can be an important aspect of a story driven experience.  Halo multiplayer is NOT a story driven experience.  As a Halo player I don't get a sense of immersion while playing multiplayer because I believe I'm a super soldier.  I get immersed in the experience of PLAYING AND TRYING TO WIN THE GAME.  I've never for one second thought "Hey...wait a second...this is bullshit.  I don't feel like a super soldier because I can't run fast enough or jump high enough.  I'm done with this game".

When we're talking about a multiplayer experience, immersion is not so much something that is created as it is something that happens naturally.  Remove the things that draw people out of the experience of PLAYING THE GAME and the result will be immersion.  The main things that pull players out of the game are frustration and confusion.  In Halo multiplayer, these are generally the result of inconsistency and unpredictability.  Remove those and immersion will happen naturally.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Star Wars = Halo CE

Empire Strikes back = Halo 2

Return of the Jedi = Halo 3

Phantom Jar Jar = Halo 4

............... :kappa:

+rep for star wars and sig...you're my hero

A good quote from that reddit post "Lol at the thought that 'it would be jarring' to change mechanics between single and multi player. Starcraft does it fine. Tons of games do this, its not a problem, its smart. They're different settings so different things are fun." -caboosian

Edit: Actually there's a ton of good quotes from that post. I suggest people read some of them, they make some good points.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2p6yq3/detailled_post_by_josh_holmes_343_industries/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe they're just afraid that people won't be able to easily adapt to changing playstyles.

OH WAIT

e3-2014-halo-the-master-chief-collection

• Upvote (+1) 4

Funny. I think Josh came here to try and ease the minds of the community, to try and convince us that 343 was making Halo 5 for us, that Sprint wasn't bad or that all these things being added were good and logical.

He failed, badly. He made our concerns a whole lot worse.

Ya. I think it was helpful though for him because he can now hear feedback on the issue with attention on the relevant issue of immersion, and how it is far less important than movement without sprint.

Everything we say about sprint must be framed around immersion and how no sprint is far more critical... Or they might think we are not "getting" why they added it in the first place and discount our feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watched the new "leaked" beta footage (thanks for posting TB) and I still dont think it looks great. Its difficult for me to grasp that Halo will never be Halo again.  I just hope they get the MCC fixed so at least I will have that.  

Its been a good ride everyone, we have certainly had our ups and downs. 

To all the Reach and H4 kids - I am sure you will love H5.  I envy you, I wish I could as well. 

Why can't they just separate the .xex for Campaign and Multiplayer and balance accordingly? If CoD can do it, why can't 343i? Let the MP fans and Story fans have what they want. I honestly would not care about the release date (assuming doing that would push it back) because I would prefer a finished game over meeting a deadline of when a game should be on the market.

I don't fully understand how their release schedules work in tandem with their development process, but again I would prefer a solid game where (almost) everyone gets what they want.