CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

SMG is better than the storm rifle. It might kill a tad bit slower, but it doesn't overheat and is way more common than the storm rifle.

The SMG kills faster than the Storm Rifle, but the Storm Rifle is more accurate and its much better at longer ranges.

Okay so I get placed in a lower division because the game matched me with worse people? How is that fair? And I believe I read that your individual stats do matter in placement games (but are irrelevant once placed), but I guess I could be wrong about that.

Oh but how dare you point out major flaws in the current ranking system and suggest that individual performance should play a role in determining rank up/loss. I did that a few pages back and the reactions weren't pretty to say the least.

The binary W/L system simply doesn't work well when ranking solo players so as longs as we have it, which this game always will, there's little point complaining because that's the root of the problem and it's set in stone.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I wonder how many people genuinely like Halo 5 and how many people are just lying to themselves. This is Halo 4 all over again in my eyes. I honestly can't believe I gave 343i the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Who want's to take bets on how long it is until pros start bitching about the game and the rest of the community follows suit?

Eh, games fun for me so far and it's been what i wanted it to be. Didn't like h4 at all, actually dropped it fairly quickly and switched to other games so don't think I'm biased or anything really.

Don't care for pros opinions really, I make my own opinions on games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder how many people genuinely like Halo 5 and how many people are just lying to themselves. This is Halo 4 all over again in my eyes. I honestly can't believe I gave 343i the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Who want's to take bets on how long it is until pros start bitching about the game and the rest of the community follows suit?

I enjoy just about everything about the game... When i look at it from a FFA stand point anyways. I haven't found any joy in team gametypes yet though. And i really don't care what the pro's think. Over the years, most pros have proven themselves to have little to no real understanding or knowledge of what made/makes a good halo game anyways. They're just really good at playing it. 

I can see a lot of peoples honeymoons are coming to an end, who is getting a divorce?  :kappa:

I might be leaving Halo 5 for Fallout 4. Going to ask my lawyer for the papers tomorrow. Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Sorry, neither Riot or Valve will start working on Halo.

nor CD Projekt Red

Epic would be the best developer to take on Halo, hands down.

I still can't tell if its meant to be a remake or a new map inspired by it, because it looks like a remake.

It's a remake but 343 won't ever say that. They don't like using that word it seems because then people start comparing their games to the previous ones. Can't have that.

Reach must've made you very very angry.

Bungie never inflated their map count with the Forge variants they made. They also didn't change the time of day on a map and call it a new one. Bungie made a lot of stupid decisins, but at least they never attempted to deceive their community.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reach - 51 million hours in matchmaking in 5 days

Halo 4 - 16 million hours in matchmaking in 5 days

Halo 5 - 9 million hours in matchmaking in 7 days

Halo 5 NEVER EVEN HAD Halo 4 population.

And sorry princess, this is the least popular Halo game ever. 343 admitted it themselves.

These numbers on itselve mean nothing. Xbox one is only out for like 2 years and its the least popular system. This means less copies of the game to sell in general so less hours.

Just looking at these numbers is just looking to complain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For some reason I find that map to be horrendous for FFA. I can't count how many times I've spawned walked 10 ft, then I player spawns exactly where I just did and start blasting me in the back.

to be fair that sounds like all of the maps in ffa...i loUe it when people quit in ffa because then its actually fun...it needs to be 6 players...8 player ffa in halo 5 is way to frustrating...if i wanted to get shot in the back eUery two seconds i would play call of duty

Twitch has gone back to normal. No random sTreamers in the top spot lingering around either. Business as usual in the halo front.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So yea, placement matches should only allow you to play up to like platinum division. When going in onyx/champion high and you get placement kids on your team, what do you think is gonna happen? 

Also fuck this new radar, have none in arena and give me back the old one that halo has had for 10+ years in team Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might be leaving Halo 5 for Fallout 4. Going to ask my lawyer for the papers tomorrow. Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Epic would be the best developer to take on Halo, hands down.

It's a remake but 343 won't ever say that. They don't like using that word it seems because then people start comparing their games to the previous ones. Can't have that.

Bungie never inflated their map count with the Forge variants they made. They also didn't change the time of day on a map and call it a new one. Bungie made a lot of stupid decisins, but at least they never attempted to deceive their community.

I feel like Certain Affinity would be better at developing the main Halo title's MP. Max Hoberman developed H1 and H2 for christ sake. If he recruited Hardy LeBel I think they would make the best Halo since 3.

343i handle the lore and campaign stuff.

Certain Affinity handle the MP side.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like Certain Affinity would be better at developing the main Halo title's MP. Max Hoberman developed H1 and H2 for christ sake. If he recruited Hardy LeBel I think they would make the best Halo since 3.

343i handle the lore and campaign stuff.

Certain Affinity handle the MP side.

Wasnt a lackluster campaign for H5 pretty  much agreed upon by ever reviewing outlet and social media?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasnt a lackluster campaign for H5 pretty  much agreed upon by ever reviewing outlet and social media?

Yeah, but I feel if they focused all their attention on the campaign it would be a lot better.

So yea, placement matches should only allow you to play up to like platinum division. When going in onyx/champion high and you get placement kids on your team, what do you think is gonna happen?

Honestly you shouldn't be placed higher than diamond rank after placement, and you should be able to de-rank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The SMG kills faster than the Storm Rifle, but the Storm Rifle is more accurate and its much better at longer ranges.

Uh no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1