CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

do we know how many players cod and destiny have?

Apparently bo3 was supposed to have a population map, I dont have the game so not sure.

Personally I like how LoL does it (they are changing it for season 6 which I think is an awful idea) where you can play solo or with one other player in ranked. If you want to go in as a full team, there is a separate matchmaking queue where you get ranked as a team vs. individually. Solo queue is the way you obtain a higher individual rank and ranked 5v5's is how you play as a full premade. Ofc they have a much larger playerbase than Halo ever will so I don't think this option is viable in halo. I may be wrong though. But if something like this were to go down it would make this game much easier to play solo since you know you won't be against a full party just to get raped for a few minutes lol.

Exactly. That system is perfect, is one thing Halo could really benefit from, and is what I'm pushing for.

This pile on/mob mentality with the negativity and doom and gloom is getting fucking ridiculous.

Bunch a whiny sheep in here.  

People jump to erroneous conclusions like it's some kind of cold hard fact. Ignore them. Of course a game with very few big personality streamers (5k+) is going to have less viewers than a game that came out today with a Twitch audience fueled by every pre-pubescent child in the world. Watch Swiftor videos on YouTube. Half the COD Twitch viewers are straight up under 16. It's the game of their era, fps wise. I think as long as the tournaments draw in large audiences in person and the stream numbers are good then we are fine. I wouldn't look much into Twitch numbers until HCS and sustain plans are detailed publicly. 

Shotty snipes is just, bad. Empire in particular just devolves into shotty corner camping.

It would help if the shotgun wasn't so damn good. Its unreal. I wish I could link a clip of just walking into a room and destroying like 8 people and 4 marines with a shotgun from a pretty decent distance but XBL is having problems right now. 

I know. It's honestly heartbreaking because if MCC was working it wouldn't have mattered how H5 turned out.

Clearly 343 want people on H5 and not a fully functioning, "exactly how you remember it" MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah wow this is the worst iteration of shotty snipes in halo history... When you play good people it's just simuls since the sniper basically gives you head shots

So sick of people quitting games

Yeah I feel like harsher quit penalties would be beneficial.  Huge rank drop + 15 minute timeout would stop a lot of people.

Why not do it like CS and replace players who leave with a bot? Could even make the bot's skill dependent on the rank of the player who left. It's not a perfect solution but it's way better than join in progress or having no one at all.

Exactly. That system is perfect, is one thing Halo could really benefit from, and is what I'm pushing for.

As much as we know that this is a far superior way to handle the ranking system it just won't fly because it's "different" and anything that doesn't perform the same in Halo as it has in the past is dismissed and shunned. I've seen countless bitching about no more 1-50 rank. The tiered system is leaps and bounds better but it needs to normalize and you have to be able to lose rank. The current system's "50" is onyx, but it goes indefinitely to separate the best of the best from each other by assigning a visible ELO ranking.

I personally would prefer the split system and let me obtain my individual rank over numerous games where the only stable factor is myself. Let me see how well I can do to rank up against only other people who are playing solo. If I play with 1 other person, put us up against people who are slightly higher ranked than us to equal it out. If we want to play as a premade, we should be able to jump into "Company Arena" where we duke it out against other 4 man premade companies to rank up as a team. To do this they HAVE to get us social playlists.

51adb4b167.png

This is obviously related to the impending fuck up of riot by letting teams of 4 and 5 into ranked instead of the team 5v5 playlist, but it can apply to all games with a ranking system.

Why not do it like CS and replace players who leave with a bot? Could even make the bot's skill dependent on the rank of the player who left. It's not a perfect solution but it's way better than join in progress or having no one at all.

Although true, Halo has never been programmed with bots, so I don't see this happening.

Yeah it's crazy that someone trying to emulate a rapper would use the n-word.

That's the last word a rapper would ever use.

Heh. I just don't get why if they hate black people so much they are trying to be one?

Cliche responses like that reveal you're a waste of time to debate with, but feel free to actually list arguments. Mine is simple: in an enviroment where everyone is playing solo, you're better off having a ranking system which is better suited for that style of interaction. This does not in any way affect W/L playlists for party teams. Everyone has been understandably complaining about how it's almost pointless to play solo against a full party and that the two systems would be better off being separate. If that were to be done, this system works well for the solo because your own performance is what is being measured, which, you know, makes sense considering it's a solo playlist and all. That way, you don't get as badly penalized for being matched up with terrible teamates and you don't get rewarded for being a bad player on a winning team. People with more individual skill rank up, and those with less rank down. Teamwork and communication are still rewarded with securing map and weapon control which makes it easier for everyone on the team to go positive.

I've stated a clear, concise case, I haven't resorted to ad hominems or non-sequiturs and feel I've won this argument with you.

Its not a solo playlist(unless its ffa). Even if you search alone. That is the fundemental, baseline flaw in your logic.

You haven't won anything because nobody agrees with you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather have no one at all than an AI bot that is literally going to feed kills to the enemies.

I guess he Regrets that mistake. To tell the Truth though, we should have Mercy on him for it. It's an honest error.

don't you mean a truthful error?

Thats not what you are pushing for at all. Obviously teams shouldnt match solo searches. Teams shoulf match teams. Solo match solo. Everything 100% w/l.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its not a solo playlist(unless its ffa). Even if you search alone. That is the fundemental, baseline flaw in your logic.

You haven't won anything because nobody agrees with you.

I do, and this guy from  /r/leagueoflegends does too, and league is more team oriented than Halo. http://puu.sh/lc6Ji/51adb4b167.png He makes very good arguments as to why allowing full teams to compete for THE EXACT SAME TITLE that a solo player is competing for. It makes the person playing alone not care anymore, and it makes the achievement not as meaningful. There needs to be separate hoppers for full premade teams vs. people playing solo or duo.

Again, this is the perfect chance to include spartan companies IN GAME instead of just online.

Thats not what you are pushing for at all. Obviously teams shouldnt match solo searches. Teams shoulf match teams. Solo match solo. Everything 100% w/l.

Accidental neg, on mobile. You guys are saying almost the exact same thing lol. premades v. premades, solo v solo. To make them NEVER play against each other except for in social, the easy solution is separate hoppers. But using a team to gain what should be an individual rank is pretty stupid imo. It's why I have no desire to rank up playing solo whatsoever.

Accidental neg, on mobile. You guys are saying almost the exact same thing lol. premades v. premades, solo v solo. To make them NEVER play against each other except for in social, the easy solution is separate hoppers.

or just put party restrictions in, it was done 8 years ago and worked it can work now.

or just put party restrictions in, it was done 8 years ago and worked it can work now.

Again, why should someone be awarded an individual rank by playing with a premade team? Me and a friend carried the fuck out of another friend to platinum in slayer, and he has a .6kda in slayer, and is total garbage. Why should he be ranked plat (especially without the ability to get de-ranked)? If he goes to play solo now, he's gonna get his shit pushed in over and over.

Edit: let's say this another way.

Assume I'm Haloxx420xxnoscopezxxGoD and I play only solo, and I make it all the way to the top of champions. The people I'm playing with most likely have all gotten there by playing as a team. Why should their winning as a team be equal to my carrying games to get where I got? This will never happen with me bc I suck, but it's part of the problem when you are ranking individuals but allowing them to play as a team instead of making them play as a team to rank their team (SPARTAN COMPANY) up. If you can play in a premade and get the same ranks as someone trying to lonewolf it, it demotivates people to play solo or with just one friend, as evidenced by so many posts saying they can't play the game solo.

One of my biggest complaints about this game is that the maps are not versatile at all. They work pretty good for 4v4 for the most part, but they are poor at 1v1, 2v2, multiteam, ffa, snipers, and btb, it would seem. I loved how maps like standoff could function well from 8 to 16 players, countdown and sactuary could play from 2 to 10 players, or damnation, hang em, guardian, etc. You get what i'm saying. Maybe its not the maps and its more the fact that there are no real power positions due to gamelay mechanics and weapon balance. Great maps should be able to play well with many different player counts across different game modes, and i'm not seeing that in H5.