CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well my game has decided to match me with Americans now. My god Americans can bitch and moan. I haven't heard a single positive thing in 6 games.

Kids complain so much when they play. I don't get why thy don't just mute their mics when they rage and unmute when they actually want to say something productive. That's why I either mute everyone or go in party chat.

Top played games currently are

1. Blops 3

2. Halo 5

3. Destiny

4. Fifa

5. GTA

do we know how many players cod and destiny have?

When is the REAL competitive playlist coming out?

Well you could give feedback and let them know what's wrong with it.

I guess he Regrets that mistake. To tell the Truth though, we should have Mercy on him for it. It's an honest error.

Holy shit you seriously need to be banned from this forum forever

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 is out. Can we please get an update that completely fixes MCC so that all of us who don't like Halo 5 can actually go to something we enjoy? It's either MCC or BO3 at this point. The more I play Halo 5 the more it's flaws stand out.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kids complain so much when they play. I don't get why thy don't just mute their mics when they rage and unmute when they actually want to say something productive. That's why I either mute everyone or go in party chat.

I keep getting called "*****" and other various insults by what are clearly white people. I don't get it, they keep saying how much they hate black people then consistently try to sound like wrappers and pimps. It's obviously a poor representation of the general population but the guys I am matched with just sound downright stupid. Every game "Yeah muthafucka yeah get dat kill smack dat ass fuck off *****". Gross.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prediction Time

So we know that Halo 5 will receive roughly 18 (listed as 18+) DLC maps between now and June 2016. Here's my guess for what they will be:

• 6 Warzone maps: split into 3 maps for Warzone and their 3 Warzone Assault counterparts. I'm basing this on the fact that Warzone's maps made up a similar portion of the game's launch maps, and the Warzone Assault variants of each map were counted as separate maps. This will include the city-esque Warzone map spotted in the multiplayer trailer shown at Gamescom.
  • 6 Forged Big Team Battle maps: including the remake of Blood Gulch that 343i made, and the five other remakes made by the Community Cartographers.
  • 4 Remixes of the Arena maps which currently lack remixes: Coliseum, The Rig, Fathom, and Plaza. The recent Sprint episodes revealed that 343i's concept artists were working on the Fathom remix; and in this interview Josh states that 'We have remixes planned for most if not all our Arena maps,' so it stands to reason that we can expect these remixes post-launch.
  • 2 new Breakout maps.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Haven't been here in a few days, been too busy enjoying the game. Can't wait to play tonight with more than 4 maps in slayer lmao.

Any word on weapon tweaks yet? Still feel the AR needs a range nerf and the slow turn or whatever else bs kicks in when it hits you, from there we can figure out how the game balances itself and if anything else needs to be done - most likely some tweaks to make the BR and DMR not so easy mode.

If you truly deserved the kill, you would have gotten it. These situations balance out as well, so sometimes your team mate will get the kill when you inflicted more damage and other times you'll get the kill when your team mate inflicted the damage. That's just the nature of team shooting, it's not an actual problem.

If I were to make a thread, which I wont, it would be called something along the lines of "Should parties and solo play be separate matchmaking options, and if so, should the solo version have a K/D ranking system?"

Hopefully, the users here would say yes to the above. Because let's face it, Halo 5 is bad for many reasons, the most important of which being the gameplay, but the ranking system is another really terrible aspect of the game imo. Sometimes you just want to get home from work, switch on the box and jump right into a ranked game without stuffing around trying to find others to play with. If I play a good game, I really don't want to be dragged down and lose rank just because the people I was paired with were idiots, that kinda thing just causes a lot of frustration and becomes a put-off from even playing the game. I want things to be simple again: if I play well, rank me up, if I play shit, rank me down. I can control how well I play, but I can't control others. There's a feeling of helplessness under the current system which I really don't like, you're almost entirely at the mercy of what randies you're paired with. No one cares about anyone else, they're just there to play a game, which is totally fair enough. So for crying out loud, lets at least get the system right so you can actually enjoy yourself more.

Social playlists.... if the game had them...

I keep getting called "*****" and other various insults by what are clearly white people. I don't get it, they keep saying how much they hate black people then consistently try to sound like wrappers and pimps. It's obviously a poor representation of the general population but the guys I am matched with just sound downright stupid. Every game "Yeah muthafucka yeah get dat kill smack dat ass fuck off *****". Gross.

Yup immature kids get cocky behind a screen and a mic. Yesterday I got a lobby where this guy was just making all these comments about a Mexican player (pretty much every thing you think he'd say) and it was rough. For no reason. Like the guy entered the lobby and he started doing it. I get what you mean with these kids though they all want to act hood and tough but they hate the cultures they try to be like. Basically America 101.

What is with the industrial fetish they have with these maps? They look the same, and there's no flow to them. And in slayer it's just the same maps over and over. Ive yet to play Truth at all

pistol aiming sucks, and there are too few rifles on maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

The bottom line is you're playing the wrong type of game. Cod? Sure. Me and my friends will play domination for the sole purpose of getting kills while others actually try and go for objectives. And we get just as much xp as them.

Halo is a team game and is about winning. If your group project for school or work fails, or your basketball or football team loses, you don't get rewarded no matter how well you did (at high levels of play). Same concept to Halo. If you're that frustrated with the ranking system, move to a new game.

That's just a defeatist attitude and could be applied to anything. Launch Halo 2 could have been summed up with "If you're that frustrated with SMG starts, move to a new game". If nobody said anything and pushed for change, the game would have been unplayable trash. This is constructive criticism. I know it's probably not going to happen, but sometimes initially unpopular opinions are needed to spark change.

Your COD example is again bad, because your talking about an objective gametype, which I'm not. In COD Team Deathmatch, if you go positive you should rank up, simple as that. If that weren't the case, it would be a total coinflip as to who ranks up based on which team got the most scrubs. Whoever gets the most loses, so the outcome of the game is practically decided before it starts.

And that's incorrect about the sport analogy. The better players get paid more than the average ones regardless of how the team as whole performs in a season. Everyones individual skill is recognized and credited separately, even though they are wearing the same jersey. They also get player of the year awards and things like that which are entirely independant of the clubs success as a whole. That's exactly what I'm pushing for Halo for one specific game mode, because at the very least we need a refreshing alternative to the W/L system which currently encapsulates the entire ranking experience.

• Downvote (-1) 1

H5 is out. Can we please get an update that completely fixes MCC so that all of us who don't like Halo 5 can actually go to something we enjoy? It's either MCC or BO3 at this point. The more I play Halo 5 the more it's flaws stand out.

I hate to break it to you my brother - but the support for MCC went away a LONG time ago.

If I were to make a thread, which I wont, it would be called something along the lines of "Should parties and solo play be separate matchmaking options, and if so, should the solo version have a K/D ranking system?"

Personally I like how LoL does it (they are changing it for season 6 which I think is an awful idea) where you can play solo or with one other player in ranked. If you want to go in as a full team, there is a separate matchmaking queue where you get ranked as a team vs. individually. Solo queue is the way you obtain a higher individual rank and ranked 5v5's is how you play as a full premade. Ofc they have a much larger playerbase than Halo ever will so I don't think this option is viable in halo. I may be wrong though. But if something like this were to go down it would make this game much easier to play solo since you know you won't be against a full party just to get raped for a few minutes lol.

Edit: The ranked team idea is a perfect way to incorporate companies into the actual game  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep getting called "*****" and other various insults by what are clearly white people. I don't get it, they keep saying how much they hate black people then consistently try to sound like wrappers and pimps. It's obviously a poor representation of the general population but the guys I am matched with just sound downright stupid. Every game "Yeah muthafucka yeah get dat kill smack dat ass fuck off *****". Gross.

Yeah it's crazy that someone trying to emulate a rapper would use the n-word.

That's the last word a rapper would ever use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to break it to you my brother - but the support for MCC went away a LONG time ago.

I know. It's honestly heartbreaking because if MCC was working it wouldn't have mattered how H5 turned out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it's crazy that someone trying to emulate a rapper would use the n-word.

That's the last word a rapper would ever use.

Depends on what letter it ends with tbh. Saying it as a racial slur is different than saying it as a term of endearment.

Shotty snipes is just, bad. Empire in particular just devolves into shotty corner camping.

Feels like half my games devolve to this which is surprising because even with radar people still regularly pushed in older Halo games