CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What a concession. I've given concrete arguments concerning the for's and against's and you haven't actually addressed any of them, you basically just keep re-iterating some version of the stat-whore argument, which I've already proven to be falacious.

If your buddy managed to go an entire game without losing a life, while at the same time putting a point on the scoreboard for you, he was less of a liability than you. You fed your opponents, he didn't. Hate to tell ya, but merely inflicting damage in a game with recharging shields and health doesn't always mean much. If you lost lives and have nothing to show for it but 'inflicting damage', you failed. I could take pot shots from across the map and rack up more damage over the course of a game than someone who went K/D positive, but doing that isn't inherently meaningful. I'm not saying that K/D is the only way to contribute in a game, but it's unquestionably the most important. It's directly what the game is about. All the other stuff is context based and meaningless to try and quantify.

I'm not just doing damage. I'm getting assists. Assists that could have been me getting someone to 1 shot and my teammate shoots him in the body with a sniper or throws a grenade or blasts a rocket. I deserved the kill but got an assist.

Your system has flaws and you know it. Make a thread right now with a vote " Should Halo 5:Guardians' ranking system switch solely to k/d and not w/l for Team Slayer."

I will laugh at the results.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New meta: get smurf teammate to quit when about to lose.

Oh shit. That's not good.

que the booster accounts.

As soon as the other team gets to 49 kills have the booster accounts quit out.

Oh shit.....what have I done.

Also how do people in here feel about spawning with 2 frags and one plasma in NSA settings for slayer? Ideally at a high level it would be used to nade weapons.

Yeah I was missing Split Screen but then I remembered it isn't 10 years ago

Fucking Waypoint dude, I'm not even mad shit's fucking hilarious over there

Also how do people in here feel about spawning with 2 frags and one plasma in NSA settings for slayer? Ideally at a high level it would be used to nade weapons.

I like the idea of being able to nade weapons right off the bat. What about one of each? It would be interesting to test. I don't know how 3 starting grenades would work out for some of these maps/gametypes

I like the idea of being able to nade weapons right off the bat. What about one of each? It would be interesting to test. I don't know how 3 starting grenades would work out for some of these maps/gametypes

Would be cool to test. I think that would play smoother. Would also heavily focus fights on gun battles rather then nades and melees too. Since it wouldn't be played in MM we wouldn't have to worry about n00bs running around getting instakill sticks either.

There is a lot riding on this update today, let's hope it's a good one.

I'm telling it's just going to be a bunch of congratulatory stats, with very little update info.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If there is no info on party restrictions we riot.

get the sticks and lighter fluid ready...

TL;DR - If you're going to play to win, then go all the way and do whatever legitimate actions it takes to achieve it... or else don't get upset at the results or what happens throughout the game.

Yeah. I used t play without using any of the piss-weak ways to kill. Like in League of Legends I never used Evelyn or Shaco because I'm not pissweak and pretend that sneaking up on people whilst invisible is a skill. Just like Reach I'd never use camo and hide at the back, once again because I'm not a pussy bitch that needs to abuse in-game things to get kills.

I'm better than that.

But the only person that lost was me, so I will use anything I want now. If it's in the game I'll use it, I don't want to but it's even starts...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not just doing damage. I'm getting assists. Assists that could have been me getting someone to 1 shot and my teammate shoots him in the body with a sniper or throws a grenade or blasts a rocket. I deserved the kill but got an assist.

Your system has flaws and you know it. Make a thread right now with a vote " Should Halo 5:Guardians' ranking system switch solely to k/d and not w/l for Team Slayer."

I will laugh at the results.

If you truly deserved the kill, you would have gotten it. These situations balance out as well, so sometimes your team mate will get the kill when you inflicted more damage and other times you'll get the kill when your team mate inflicted the damage. That's just the nature of team shooting, it's not an actual problem.

If I were to make a thread, which I wont, it would be called something along the lines of "Should parties and solo play be separate matchmaking options, and if so, should the solo version have a K/D ranking system?"

Hopefully, the users here would say yes to the above. Because let's face it, Halo 5 is bad for many reasons, the most important of which being the gameplay, but the ranking system is another really terrible aspect of the game imo. Sometimes you just want to get home from work, switch on the box and jump right into a ranked game without stuffing around trying to find others to play with. If I play a good game, I really don't want to be dragged down and lose rank just because the people I was paired with were idiots, that kinda thing just causes a lot of frustration and becomes a put-off from even playing the game. I want things to be simple again: if I play well, rank me up, if I play shit, rank me down. I can control how well I play, but I can't control others. There's a feeling of helplessness under the current system which I really don't like, you're almost entirely at the mercy of what randies you're paired with. No one cares about anyone else, they're just there to play a game, which is totally fair enough. So for crying out loud, lets at least get the system right so you can actually enjoy yourself more.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Are we sure there's an update today?

Yes.

When is the competitive playlist coming out?

Team Arena

Team snipers was my favourite playlist in every Halo. But this playlist is serious cancer. Never have I ever been so frustrated while playing Halo. Nearly everything sucks. The Sniper rifle sucks, the shotty is op. The maps are awful for snipes and I dont want to start talking abput my terrible teammates

You're not wrong, but it's probably best not to take something like Shotty Snipes too seriously. I don't even try to win in that gametype, just go for no-scopes.

Thrust would be so much less annoying if you needed to charge it to get the maximum distance, maybe make charging take longer while taking damage as well.

Well my game has decided to match me with Americans now. My god Americans can bitch and moan. I haven't heard a single positive thing in 6 games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you truly deserved the kill, you would have gotten it. These situations balance out as well, so sometimes your team mate will get the kill when you inflicted more damage and other times you'll get the kill when your team mate inflicted the damage. That's just the nature of team shooting, it's not an actual problem.

If I were to make a thread, which I wont, it would be called something along the lines of "Should parties and solo play be separate matchmaking options, and if so, should the solo version have a K/D ranking system?"

Hopefully, the users here would say yes to the above. Because let's face it, Halo 5 is bad for many reasons, the most important of which being the gameplay, but the ranking system is another really terrible aspect of the game imo. Sometimes you just want to get home from work, switch on the box and jump right into a ranked game without stuffing around trying to find others to play with. If I play a good game, I really don't want to be dragged down and lose rank just because the people I was paired with were idiots, that kinda thing just causes a lot of frustration and becomes a put-off from even playing the game. I want things to be simple again: if I play well, rank me up, if I play shit, rank me down. I can control how well I play, but I can't control others. There's a feeling of helplessness under the current system which I really don't like, you're almost entirely at the mercy of what randies you're paired with. No one cares about anyone else, they're just there to play a game, which is totally fair enough. So for crying out loud, lets at least get the system right so you can actually enjoy yourself more.

The bottom line is you're playing the wrong type of game. Cod? Sure. Me and my friends will play domination for the sole purpose of getting kills while others actually try and go for objectives. And we get just as much xp as them.

Halo is a team game and is about winning. If your group project for school or work fails, or your basketball or football team loses, you don't get rewarded no matter how well you did (at high levels of play). Same concept to Halo. If you're that frustrated with the ranking system, move to a new game.

• Upvote (+1) 1