CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Low FoV sure doesn't help either. 

Edit: They could have easily raised the FoV if they wanted to, we already get a wider FoV when carrying a turret around in third person all while not dropping frames or breaking the game. 

That would just make too much sense. Increse the FoV so the perceived speed is faster and sprint and thruster can get removed? please

• Upvote (+1) 1

It certainly says a LOT more than the number of viewers on Twitch lol

I disagree.  When looking at outside support, sponsors, competitive backing, $$, potential growth - viewers are what matters most. 

HCS will be nothing without a viewership - and noone will want to shelve out money (outside of Microsoft) if they are not going to see a return on their invesntment.

So I place champion 41, win next game and rank down to champion 54.

k

Just curious how much more xp did you get?

Glad to see Im not the only one when spawning on Truth or Regret taking 4-5 seconds to realise where I am on the map.

I know some people think IGN be on that bullshit, but I honestly agree with this 100%.

Even though I did enjoy the campaign... And thought that the actual only cutscene of Locke vs Chief was the most badass thing I've ever seen in a video game ever, even though it could've definitely been better, they needed more moments like it.

Glad to see Im not the only one when spawning on Truth or Regret taking 4-5 seconds to realise where I am on the map.

Yup, it seems like this would have come up in initial testing but I guess not. Fancy lighting > Gameplay apparently. 

I know some people think IGN be on that bullshit, but I honestly agree with this 100%.

Even though I did enjoy the campaign... And thought that the actual only cutscene of Locke vs Chief was the most badass thing I've ever seen in a video game ever, even though it could've definitely been better, they needed more moments like it.

I hope that was a massive exaggeration. 

So I place champion 41, win next game and rank down to champion 54.

k

That's because players are passing you up as you play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quite the opposite imo. In fact, the game will probably have a population spike because of holiday sales and new people joining. Also BTB, Forge, new maps and new modes will likely be released this month and in the next one, which will bring back some players.

Oh yeah you are right about that, I feel dumb now.

I forget, can you join more than one company?

No, which is pretty dumb, considering how a company is little more than a private forum section on Waypoint.

I used to be the same. I would also recommend reading that Sirlin blog because it breaks down the whole aspect of "honor" in video games. It's a bit of a long and tedious read, but the gist of it is that if a feature is in a game and allows you to gain an advantage against other players, then you should use it if it helps you win (assuming it's not some sort of blatant exploit/cheating). People online don't have a sense of honor. All there are are winners and losers. People in general tend not to care as much about how it happened versus the result.

I've spent the last year or so on Destiny, a game with an incredible amount of "cheese" methods and little skill gap in PvP. You get to pick loadouts, classes, subclasses, perks and all that sort of jazz going into PvP. For a long time, I went the honor route for a while, averaging a 1.5 K/D or so and getting a lot of deaths (and sometimes even losses) to idiots who had no grasp on the concept of skill gap and just went with EVERYTHING that made winning easier (primaries that do damage over time – undermining the whole point of a FPS, shotguns that shoot at ridiculous range, one shot kill snipers with insane bullet magnetism, abilites that make people close to invincible, grenades which kill in one hit without requiring the slightest aiming, etc.). For a long time, I avoided all this stuff like plague, but then I realize that the game was designed to be like this, and losing because I was against it was just me being weak-willed. I didn't want the win enough. And if I wasn't going to go all the way when it came to winning, I might as well have stayed out of PvP in the first place, or at least not cared about the results. But it led to an internal conflict.

At some point I got sick of it and decide to go with optimal loadouts no matter what the situation was. I was tired of idiots thinking they were good, and I figured I should at least give them a taste of their own medicine to make them hate it enough to ask of Bungie to change the game and improve it at the same time. So I did, and never looked back. Ever since, I had been averaging a 3.5 K/D with a 95% or so win rate, and it felt better than abiding to self-imposed honor rules and being frustrated with the results.

Ever since, I've applied this lesson to all the competitive games I play. I think it's required for a pro mindset.

TL;DR - If you're going to play to win, then go all the way and do whatever legitimate actions it takes to achieve it... or else don't get upset at the results or what happens throughout the game.

AYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

main_beauty2.jpg

The XIM4 is the most optimal way for me to win ossim. Going all the way bro. +rep  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's some fuck boy shit.....just saying.,,,at least get a to4 then lose on purpose instead of ruining some random players time

we do lol. Prime teamed with us

Edit: he posts here as well and didn't mind when we said we're seeing how it works.

AYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The XIM4 is the most optimal way for me to win ossim. Going all the way bro. +rep  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

Personally I wouldn't consider this to fall under what I'm talking about. I know you're partially trolling because we've talked about this before, but the developers do not engineer reticle movement and aim assists with a mouse in mind but rather make them immensely generous for how clumsy controller inputs are. So I consider it an advantage that doesn't fall under making it a fair competition, assuming everyone can acknowledge the fact that precise movement with a mouse is significantly easier than it is with a controller.

For instance, I doubt you'd be allowed to use a XIM4 at a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's some fuck boy shit.....just saying.,,,at least get a to4 then lose on purpose instead of ruining some random players time

That stuff is only going to become more and more common since 343 refuses to add social playlists.

Even for their social weekends

-____________-