CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Re-worked with exploits fixed. No doubt everyone will complain again if it still sucks when it eventually comes back.

Well yeah, but I'm sure the guy who made the map, his ego is way too high to accept it sucks and will barely make any difference. I'm almost 100% sure it'll still suck hahaha

Well yeah, but I'm sure the guy who made the map, his ego is way too high to accept it sucks and will barely make any difference. I'm almost 100% sure it'll still suck hahaha

I don't even think the guy who made it works there any more. 

The fact they've removed it at all is a huge step forward. It took us how long to get some exploits fixed in Halo 4's maps and the spawns changed on 90% of them?

Granted we all want it gone forever because it's a bad map, we're getting there.

- Aiming is still garbage

- Maps are still UNSC garbage

- Thruster is still garbage

- 5sk pistol is still garbage

- Spawns are still garbage

Update changes nothing.  :weback:

Not the official update for the week. It's in the first paragraph of the page. Right at the top.

Could have fooled me.  You sound like someone that likes to buy games from a company that throws shit at the wall in hopes that something will stick instead of actually having a well thought out development plan like a real video game manufacturer.  You are aware that those companies do exist right?  You don't have to pay for half finished games.  You DO have the option....

Yes, you have me figured out. You know me all too well!

The fact they've removed it at all is a huge step forward. It took us how long to get some exploits fixed in Halo 4's maps and the spawns changed on 90% of them?

Granted we all want it gone forever because it's a bad map, we're getting there.

Oh he doesn't? (If you're correct) then :weback: yeah I agree it's a step forward, hope they can keep it up

You are being way overly optimistic about this game when all the evidence points to them not making the proper fixes.  Look at MCC.  I really hope you aren't getting your hopes up too much....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are being way overly optimistic about this game when all the evidence points to them not making the proper fixes.  Look at MCC.  I really hope you aren't getting your hopes up too much....

MCC - a ported mess that was outsourced in nearly every way imaginable.

Halo 5 - a game made primarily in-house that is already seeing a playlist update that improved map/gametype variety and a content update likely coming in the next week or two to fix whatever issues.

I don't know how you can compare Halo 5 to MCC. You're right to be cautious but Halo 4 is a solid example of what you should expect from Halo 5 in terms of updates, at a much faster rate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see how people think Orion is worse than plaza and pegasus. They all belong in the same dumpster

At least plaza has some skillful jumps and some good routes to OS......Orion is just plain garbage.

Okay so what is going on with this playlist update? 

In Team Arena, we’re adding Strongholds on Plaza, Capture the Flag on Empire, Slayer on Regret, and Breakout on Altitude. Here’s a look at the new playlist layout:

Then the list proceeds to not include Gambol Breakout, it claims Eden Strongholds and Trident Breakout are new additions... a minute ago it also excluded Plaza Strongholds but it seems it has been edited since then with Plaza added and bolded.

Gambol Breakout was honestly 100% better than Trident Breakout and I find Altitude to be the least competitive of the three Pro Team maps, I'm really confused about its addition.

Also... why was Regret Slayer added? Not a good competitive game type...

MCC - a ported mess that was outsourced in nearly every way imaginable.

Halo 5 - a game made primarily in-house that is already seeing a playlist update that improved map/gametype variety and a content update likely coming in the next week or two to fix whatever issues.

I don't know how you can compare Halo 5 to MCC. You're right to be cautious but Halo 4 is a solid example of what you should expect from Halo 5 in terms of updates, at a much faster rate. 

It's still the same company making the decisions.  They really do not have a full understanding of how to launch a complete game like other game studios do.

If you hate bad map flow I hope you don't play much Orion.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK IT'S CHRISTMAS THEY ARE REMOVING ORION

Cheers

• Upvote (+1) 3

I find myself wondering why there are explosive barrels everywhere in H5 sometimes. Anyone have any ideas? Its like they saw explosives on Lockout and said everyone must love explosive barrels and proceeded to just place them everywhere lol. Next to LR and above snipe on Plaza. Three on a spawn point (lol) on Rig. Top mid on Regret... 

I just made onyx in ffa using the ar almost exclusively and ffa has never even been my strong suit. The gun is straight up broken.

It's still the same company making the decisions.  They really do not have a full understanding of how to launch a complete game like other game studios do.

You say that like I don't know. 

All I'm saying is, MCC was broken beyond all hope because it was all outsourced while Halo 5 was primarily done in-house and fixes will be consistent. 

You say that like I don't know. 

All I'm saying is, MCC was broken beyond all hope because it was all outsourced while Halo 5 was primarily done in-house and fixes will be consistent. 

It was truly too good to be true

Okay so Bravo confirms:

• Gambol Breakout removed
  • Altitude Breakout added
  • Regret Slayer added
  • Plaza SHolds added

I'm confused why they replaced the best Breakout map and why Regret was added...

The skill matching in this game is both amazing and awful simultaneously...

I've had a bunch of games where I'm the only person going positive on my team and I'm shitting on the enemy but the game ends 49-50 or 50-48. Annoyingly I tend to be on the losing side because of shit teammates but it's damn exciting.

I've also had a bunch of games where both team are super evenly matched and it ends within 1 or 2 kills which is awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't a a bad thing. But in this game with these maps you that have no flow at all, the entire experience is gonna be a nightmare. We have never had a game where there are like 50 flank routes and ledges to clamber on and all the jazz this game has. Play customs with no radar and see if you enjoy it more. Personally I found it ridiculous.

If the game functions better with a radar than without like you are suggesting, then something is deeply wrong with the game and probably isn't worth your time to begin with. Obviously things like clamber exacerbate the hideous map design which together result in some pretty messy and 'random' play, but I still find it hard to believe that having radars could ever make a competitive shooter better.