CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This IS NOT the weekly community update guys, some of you are freaking out. This is just a playlist update.

"We talked a bit about just a few of the things that team is diving into and working on last week, and we’ll talk about even more about what’s to come in tomorrow’s weekly update, "

Read guys.

So they are removing Orion....

What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that after 17 years of halo, they didn't have the simple common sense to actually PLAY that map and see how shitty it is for 4v4 slayer?!?!  What the fuck is going on within 343?  What is this throw shit at wall and hope it sticks approach?  How about actually testing the fucking maps before launching them?  Now we have to remove maps because we fucked up by putting them in there in the first place?  What kind of bush league shit is this?

"but at least they are removing it"

That's not the damn point.  If you don't understand what's wrong with this company and why another studio needs to take this shit over by now, you never will.

"343 REMOVE ORION BECUZ ITZ SO SHIT, GOSH Y U SO SHITTY AND FUCK INCOMPETENT, CHRIST"

"343 IS REMOVING ORION, CHRIST WuT A BUNCH OF IDIOTZ, TEST MAPS B4 U LUNCH [email protected]##"

Goddamn, guys. Goddamn. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok so, map variety is going to be looked at.

Spawns will be looked at.

Maps are being added to different playlists

No word on fixes to aiming

No word on sandbox rebalancing

No word of aim assisting mechanics

God...dammit 343.

There's a bigger weekly update coming tomorrow.

This was just detailing the changes coming in the playlist update which is releasing tomorrow morning.

Orion just has inoperable cancer.

- Railgun and Sniper which are the two most annoyingly easy power weapons.

- 2 DMR's and 2 BR's available at the two bases to create a snowball effect on the pistol.

- Clunky rock structures

- Horrible, horrible top mid design which offers nothing but ring around the rosie and nade traps.

- Standoffs lasting up to a minute looking across the map to each base. Too easy to head glitch and to pop back into cover. Can grab DMR in stalemates.

- Stupid fucking lift and too difficult to reach damage boost.

- Damage boost being on the map was the half assed 343 way of addressing the map having zero flow.

- huge fucking ramps that act as nade traps.

- Red hut which is AIDS for gameplay.

There are so many deficiencies with that map in 4v4 it astounds me. FFA it still is bad, but it doesn't lend itself to stalemates or snowballing really, so it gets a pass on the worst aspects of the map.

Solid post.  I just don't understand how this can be someones JOB and LIVELY hood and they still manage to fuck it up?  Doesn't anyone have any pride in their work anymore like Hardy Lebel did?  Doesn't anyone CARE about their reputation in that industry?  I wish my job revolved around throwing shit at a wall and hoping it stuck and if it didn't, just throw my hands up in the air in an oh well fashion.  What a joke....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did the pro team ever play on Orion? I'm just curious because it seems really easy to figure out the flaws, I mean most people realized it's issues immediately.

The pro team don't get the final say in everything.

Solid post.  I just don't understand how this can be someones JOB and LIVELY hood and they still manage to fuck it up?  Doesn't anyone have any pride in their work anymore like Hardy Lebel did?  Doesn't anyone CARE about their reputation in that industry?  I wish my job revolved around throwing shit at a wall and hoping it stuck and if it didn't, just throw my hands up in the air in an oh well fashion.  What a joke....

Dear lord. You act as if someone at 343 killed your family. 

Embarrassing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Dear lord. You act as if someone at 343 killed your family. 

Embarrassing. 

So you are basically giving them a free pass?  

I'd love to work for someone where I can fuck up and still get paid and everything is all fine and dandy.  Where do I sign up?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The pro team don't get the final say in everything.

I'd like to know if they got the final say in anything. Like, I know their feedback helped make decisions but I doubt they actually made any decisions. 

Playlist update sounds pretty decent, removing Orion is a great start.

Now hopefully we get something relevant in the Weekly Update tomorrow. I think a lot of people will be pissed if there's no solid evidence of progress being implemented soon.

So you are basically giving them a free pass?  

I'd love to work for someone where I can fuck up and still get paid and everything is all fine and dandy.  Where do I sign up?

Yes, me giving you shit because you're acting like a 5 year old is giving them a "free pass".

You got it!

Map sucks

Some dude at 343 right now.

They probably gave that guy a raise as backward as they are!  

Ignorance sure is bliss!  LOL!  

Hardy Lebel shaking his head in disgust right now.....

GUYS! Yeah they're removing that piece of shit map but they said they will add it back later.... Settle down, you'll see it again unfortunately. You all got way too excited and missed that part

- Aiming is still garbage

- Maps are still UNSC garbage

- Thruster is still garbage

- 5sk pistol is still garbage

- Spawns are still garbage

Update changes nothing.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Yes, me giving you shit because you're acting like a 5 year old is giving them a "free pass".

You got it!

Map sucks

Could have fooled me.  You sound like someone that likes to buy games from a company that throws shit at the wall in hopes that something will stick instead of actually having a well thought out development plan like a real video game manufacturer.  You are aware that those companies do exist right?  You don't have to pay for half finished games.  You DO have the option....

Ok so I know some of you are biased but is Halo 5 a good game? Like is it at least not shit tier like H4 was?

My friends are bugging me to buy it...but idk. 60 bucks isn't much to me however I really don't like 343.

Just wait for Black Friday deals. Someone already had it at $40 brand new (newegg maybe?)

But yeah, I love it. It is way better than 4. There are issues (spawns, especially on ffa, breakout being in team arena, lack of gametypes, aiming mechanics being weird, no forge for another month). But I'm really into this game, the ranking system is improved and I believe will only get better over time.

If you're a die hard CE fan, I'd stay away. But if you like shooters and halo in general, its a good buy.

Update changes nothing.

It's a Playlist Update.

They probably gave that guy a raise as backward as they are!  

Ignorance sure is bliss!  LOL!  

Hardy Lebel shaking his head in disgust right now.....

I bet Hardy Lebel looks at your posts and shakes his head in disgust. We get it, he helped make CE great, doesn't mean he suddenly laughs manically every time 343 makes a mistake.

GUYS! Yeah they're removing that piece of shit map but they said they will add it back later.... Settle down, you'll see it again unfortunately. You all got way too excited and missed that part

Re-worked with exploits fixed. No doubt everyone will complain again if it still sucks when it eventually comes back.

Update changes nothing.

Good thing this is a matchmaking update and not a content update, details of which will be released tomorrow in the community update.

It's a good thing someone reads these things.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm liking the changes made to the existing playlist line-up; hopefully the addition of maps is accompanied by some improvements to whatever system they are using to randomize the rotation of maps within each of those playlists, so as to avoid the playing of the same map multiple times in a row (@@Sal1ent?).

I'll await the community update later today in the hope that 343i details some of their post-launch content plans, and any response to other feedback that has made the rounds on several forums since launch, with aiming and weapon balancing being key examples.

Idc if Orion returns as long as we have a no radar Team Arena playlist where that shit would never see the light of day anyways by the time it does return.