CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My girlfriend is playing her first game of halo right now in warzone and I think she's enjoying it actually. She's never really liked halo. She likes battlefield a lot, but she's really enjoying it so far I think.

Also watching her use the br and pistol is pretty funny.

Yep, sounds about right.

This game is really unsuccessful in retaining its population in my eyes, one Halo 5 Guardians first day, I had 15 friends online and 9 of them were playing Halo 5. Now I have 15 friends online and only 1 of the is playing. 

I really think that the aiming problem and lack of social playlists is what is killing this game as of now. I wish we had population counters, I really do wonder how this game is doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most people are going to shake their heads at this, but; I personally think Orion is one of the best FFA maps in the rotation. Needed some spawn work, but i felt it played pretty good. Pegasus is by far the worst FFA map.

Don't know about 4's though. Only played it like once i think.

Edit*. Wait, Orion is still on the FFA list. So does it mean its staying? Happy they are adding Truth too. Definitely will be one of the best FFA maps. I haven't played the other maps yet though, so not comment on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's actually ridiculous is the camping and general degeneracy the radar promotes. Since when were flanks and assasinations a bad thing?

They aren't a a bad thing. But in this game with these maps you that have no flow at all, the entire experience is gonna be a nightmare. We have never had a game where there are like 50 flank routes and ledges to clamber on and all the jazz this game has. Play customs with no radar and see if you enjoy it more. Personally I found it ridiculous.

ORION IS BEING REMOVED HOLY SHIT YES

but why does it say they're adding Fathom to Slayer? It's been there the whole time..

I really am happy about the other maps being added to most playlists, especially FFA. I found myself thinking Truth, Fathom and Empire would be some of the better maps. I'm undecided on Coliseum, but I'll take anything that isn't Orion really.

What has me confused is the fact that Orion is still in the FFA listing but they said they're removing it from everything for a bit.

I'm guessing they'll re-implement it in FFA alone when it's improved?

Ok so, map variety is going to be looked at.

Spawns will be looked at.

Maps are being added to different playlists

No word on fixes to aiming

No word on sandbox rebalancing

No word of aim assisting mechanics

God...dammit 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God...dammit 343.

SH9ZqR2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you all make your + - rep buttons easier to hit correctly on mobile - shits harder to hit correctly than it is to 180 - 5 shot pistol kill an AR rusher in H5...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most people are going to shake their heads at this, but; I personally think Orion is one of the best FFA maps in the rotation. Needed some spawn work, but i felt it played pretty good. Pegasus is by far the worst FFA map.

I disagree with this. Controlling either tower led to easy sprees. People spawning in rocks couldn't do much at all until a better spawn was acquired. By the time it happened, people were down 5-10 kills and it was almost impossible to bring it back.

I prefer Pegasus a lot more because it has the proper segmentation to be a FFA map. It has 4 distinct corners which people can hold down, meaning it allows for fair 1-on-1 fights to happen. It also has a lot of power weapons to control and contest, ample room to navigate and decent segmentation to prevent being shot in the back all the time. It turned out to be one of the few favorites I have for FFA. The spawns are just weird at times.

MSP2e0a.png

Does each star represent a potential spawn point? Because that would explain a lot of things...

Ok so I know some of you are biased but is Halo 5 a good game? Like is it at least not shit tier like H4 was?

My friends are bugging me to buy it...but idk. 60 bucks isn't much to me however I really don't like 343.

God...dammit 343.

No fixing party restrictions.

I thought they were going to be talking about upcoming maps in the update, didn't josh say something like that recently?

That's coming tomorrow in the community update.

"For the past week, we’ve been poring over your Halo 5 feedback across the entire game, tirelessly reviewing multiplayer data, and working on tuning tweaks as well as brand-new content. We talked a bit about just a few of the things that team is diving into and working on last week, and we’ll talk about even more about what’s to come in tomorrow’s weekly update, but we’re stopping by for a moment to talk about some playlist changes that will be made tomorrow morning pacific time. Let’s dig into the details!"

Can you all make your + - rep buttons easier to hit correctly on mobile - shits harder to hit correctly than it is to 180 - 5 shot pistol kill an AR rusher in H5...

Seems easy enough to me. I've never mistapped the rep buttons on mobile.

I can't even imagine how spawning in H5 FFA is supposed to work out given how it works in 4s. I can generally block out the entire blue tower on Orion easily in a 4v4 with just my own spartan and I know you can force 1 of 2 spawns repeatedly with only 3 spartans on that map. So in FFA 8 people means that generally every spawn zone is going to be "blocked" the entire time resulting in wild spawns with people appearing behind you. I'm not sure if that would even get that much better with 6 rather than 8 on some maps given the general size of the area you can block as 1 person?

"The weekend social playlist will features modes selected by the community, and offer bonus XP and REQ Points. Additionally, the most popular modes have the potential for becoming their own playlist."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/launch-playlist-details

"The playlist will offer increased XP rewards, and the game type will be available on all Arena maps (aside from the Breakout variants)."

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/weekend-playlist-updates-and-additions

----

So will Shotty Snipers actually give us bonus REQ points? @@Bravo @Sal1ent 

Yes!  Orion gone and more maps in each playlist.  Thank god they've been quick to implement this.

If Shotty Snipes is on every map that would mean You could get a map like Empire. And the underwater map (Fathom?) is really easy to spawn kill on. I'm sure there are more maps but those 2 came to mind right away as problematic.

Don't know about 4's though. Only played it like once i think.

Edit*. Wait, Orion is still on the FFA list. So does it mean its staying? Happy they are adding Truth too. Definitely will be one of the best FFA maps. I haven't played the other maps yet though, so not comment on that.

Orion just has inoperable cancer.

- Railgun and Sniper which are the two most annoyingly easy power weapons.

- 2 DMR's and 2 BR's available at the two bases to create a snowball effect on the pistol.

- Clunky rock structures

- Horrible, horrible top mid design which offers nothing but ring around the rosie and nade traps.

- Standoffs lasting up to a minute looking across the map to each base. Too easy to head glitch and to pop back into cover. Can grab DMR in stalemates.

- Stupid fucking lift and too difficult to reach damage boost.

- Damage boost being on the map was the half assed 343 way of addressing the map having zero flow.

- huge fucking ramps that act as nade traps.

- Red hut which is AIDS for gameplay.

There are so many deficiencies with that map in 4v4 it astounds me. FFA it still is bad, but it doesn't lend itself to stalemates or snowballing really, so it gets a pass on the worst aspects of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they are removing Orion....

What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that after 17 years of halo, they didn't have the simple common sense to actually PLAY that map and see how shitty it is for 4v4 slayer?!?!  What the fuck is going on within 343?  What is this throw shit at wall and hope it sticks approach?  How about actually testing the fucking maps before launching them?  Now we have to remove maps because we fucked up by putting them in there in the first place?  What kind of bush league shit is this?

"but at least they are removing it"

That's not the damn point.  If you don't understand what's wrong with this company and why another studio needs to take this shit over by now, you never will.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1