CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why does this happen to us? Why is OUR game content delayed? Why couldnt they release forge, more maps, more playlists, ranked and social? 343 messed up. AGAIN. And i feel like the population will drop AGAIN because of it.

I'm not sure what goes on at 343 but maybe they're sadistic and bash each other in the heads constantly which leads to the absurd decisions they make.  After months they went back to nerf the AR in H4.  In H5 they buffed it back but even more powerful.  Wut?!!??!  The population will plummet for sure but they've already made a ton of money.  Wish people would just stop buying Halo and let 343 die off.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, 3 guys quit on the other team, I just thought fuck it and put my controller down, got booted to the lobby, and got banned for 10 minutes.... fuck this game i'ts getting traded in

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 14

Gameplay is good, we just didn't modify our settings to be decent for 1v1s. The biggest issue I saw personally was the radar which resulted in everyone crouching around until they saw a red dot. We're hoping to remove radar in our future tournaments. 

We'd like to do more but we don't want to stray away hugely from the HCS settings, plus we can't do much with Forge not arriving until next month.

The tourney was fun. The radar isn't even the biggest issue in my opinion, I would have to say for the 3rd game in a row 343 have made it possible to hear Spartans everywhere on at the map which was a bigger tool than the radar for me. Only suggestion until we can mess around with the settings (radar/forge) is possibly Breakout 1 v 1? Similar to how cod did their singles ladder with SnD.

Yeah man, fuck this game for dealing with AFKers in an appropriate way. 

Well, it doesn't deal with quitters very well either. He shouldn't be punished for not wanting to walk around a map for 10 minutes in a 1v4 situation. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Well, it doesn't deal with quitters very well either. He shouldn't be punished for not wanting to walk around a map for 10 minutes in a 1v4 situation. 

Regardless of the situation, if you AFK, you get penalized. Good.

Like I said many times before, there should be a surrender option similar to LoL though. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Regardless of the situation, if you AFK, you get penalized. Good.

Like I said many times before, there should be a surrender option similar to LoL though. 

Agree to that. There should also not be a penalty for quitting once one of your teammates has quit, punish the quitter, not the guys who got left by a teammate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree to that. There should also not be a penalty for quitting once one of your teammates has quit, punish the quitter, not the guys who got left by a teammate. 

I think to an extent, yeah definitely. 2v4 should have a heavily reduced loss in CSR.

Once you get down to 2 players I think the surrender option should be available, NEVER in a 4v4 situation, even if you're getting spanked.

Regardless, increased penalties for quitters should deter a lot more people from doing so.

WoW has a 30 minute deserter penalty for quitting a dungeon fairly early into joining it. You're not allowed to que for dungeons again until it's over. I think if you quit out of an Arena game, you should get a 30 minute penalty from Arena (not ALL of MMing, that's excessive for a console game since, unlike WoW, there's not many other things to do). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, 3 guys quit on the other team, I just thought fuck it and put my controller down, got booted to the lobby, and got banned for 10 minutes.... fuck this game i'ts getting traded in

Talk to Lemon. He might be interested in your copy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not sure what goes on at 343 but maybe they're sadistic and bash each other in the heads constantly which leads to the absurd decisions they make. After months they went back to nerf the AR in H4. In H5 they buffed it back but even more powerful. Wut?!!??! The population will plummet for sure but they've already made a ton of money. Wish people would just stop buying Halo and let 343 die off.

If people stopped buying Halo the series would be retired. Not 343. Obviously some more extreme members of the community would prefer this. Not me. I've always prefered redemption. I would prefer Halo not to die off.

Wow.. What you just said is a good thing, you should be kicked for being afk, regardless 3 of the other team quit.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow.. What you just said is a good thing, you should be kicked for being afk, regardless 3 of the other team quit.

But I got banned straight away for 10 minutes on my first offence....??

Thats the point I'm making here

• Upvote (+1) 1

But I got banned straight away for 10 minutes on my first offence....??

Thats the point I'm making here

I'm with you dude, put a rubber band around your sticks next time. Fuck anyone who says you have to be walking around the map after 3 people quit for 10 minutes. 

There really needs to be a better system for when multiple people quit, no one wants to wait that shit out, let the game end if the remaining players vote to surrender. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah man, fuck this game for dealing with AFKers in an appropriate way. 

No, fuck that.  My team leaves, it's going to be a rubber band on the stick, hidden in a corner of the map.  Have fun getting those 50 kills. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

"I really want to play this game but I got banned for ten minutes so I'm selling the game" = logic

There are many other reasons too, but man this really pissed me off.

I'm with you dude, put a rubber band around your sticks next time. Fuck anyone who says you have to be walking around the map after 3 people quit for 10 minutes.

There really needs to be a better system for when multiple people quit, no one wants to wait that shit out, let the game end if the remaining players vote to surrender.

Too be fair it was probably 5-6 minutes.

You can go from Champ to Onyx, but only those two ranks. The reason for this being Champion is top 200.. it'd be silly not to be able to derank if you weren't the top 200 anymore.

ahh i see. makes sense. wonder why the other divisions dont do that?

Delete my post lol, could have 1 guess who it probably was.

Post a negative thing about the game and this forum will be after you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah, that's toooootalllyyyyy it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What did @@Korrupt do to you guys? I would have done the exact same thing as he did. Quitters are the worst thing ever and I would have got angry for being punished for no good reason.

Telling someone to fuck off isn't allowed. 

But sure, I hid it because you trashed Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5