CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has anyone tried Empire CTF yet?

I've been interested in this since Beta. Since Slayer in H5 allows swap spawns I've wanted to see how forced base spawns play on Empire for a while.

I think @@Sitri is going to be giving it a go once Forge comes out. Too many maps rely on clamber to work currently.

Eh, other than crouch-clamber jumps and extra nerdy stuff, I don't know. Every day I'm finding myself clambering less and less because I'm learning more ways to make jumps with Crouch instead of Clamber. I could see some issues for sure though.

Yeah I expected a fully functioning game, I feel as if we have an incomplete game.  Why is there features in a 8 year old game (Halo 3) that have yet to be established in this? I was expecting at least a functioning theater, forge, parties match parties, system link, social playlists and weapon balancing for sure off the start. That's almost a given.  I'm very passionate about Halo and I'm sure you are also too, I grew up playing it.  I don't see how there's much a skill gap when you can just sprint around with the AR and spartan charge.

Parties matching parties is a choice by 343

System Link is the fault of the Xbox One

Weapon Balancing is good outside of subjective Utility Weapon thoughts

Forge is coming with a massive overhaul

Hey um...if uh anyone wants to um...add me that'd be kind....of...cool you know, but if not I totally...you know I understand...sigh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I absolutely have.

Something about close range that really fucks with me...

It seems like the cursor never moves as far as I want it to and then out of nowhere it moves wayyyyyy too far

Hey um...if uh anyone wants to um...add me that'd be kind....of...cool you know, but if not I totally...you know I understand...sigh.

GT: Aiex Gurren

Does anyone absolutely suck at the Rifle weapons compared to the Pistol or is it just me? BR and DMR obviously have much more range an aim assist, and on a map like Fathom I will pick up the Light Rifle, or BRs on Eden, but in most cases my Pistol is so much more dominant than the Rifles – its sort of bizarre at this point.

Welp, officially lost my champion in slayer. RIP.

Fucking quitters. How do people get to champion and STAY champion by playing solo? People get butthurt if you go down right away and just leave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good try but your math is off by an order of magnitude.

Damnit man I wanted to post the exact same joke! Haha you were faster...

Does anyone absolutely suck at the Rifle weapons compared to the Pistol or is it just me? BR and DMR obviously have much more range an aim assist, and on a map like Fathom I will pick up the Light Rifle, or BRs on Eden, but in most cases my Pistol is so much more dominant than the Rifles – its sort of bizarre at this point.

I feel like I'm the worst at the dmr. Br is easy and light rifle is more forgiving. The pistol is rough for me because I feel like I'm constantly lagging. It's almost like I'm just not seeing people as quick as they're seeing me.

Idk, I see what you're saying though and it's not just you. Specifically at long ranges I just feel the pistol is spot on compared to the dmr. Which is weird as hell...

I smacked the number 1 champion in Breakout yesterday and his rank didn't go down at all? I am Champion 93 and the rest of my party was 100 or higher. Do wins stack at 1?.

I've already added you. XP Did it when I did the Xbone Preview invite thing.

oh shit I forgot. Whatever we have to set up something where we just get a bunch of beyond people and duke it out in arena or something.

Does the light rifle only 3 shot when zoomed in for all 3 shots? What if the first shot isn't and the second two are and are both head shots?

Also, what if you're unzoomed and hit all 3 headshots??? Seemed to happen a couple times but I didn't know if the player was already lightly damaged.

Thanks

I'll add yah later.

I smacked the number 1 champion in Breakout yesterday and his rank didn't go down at all? I am Champion 93 and the rest of my party was 100 or higher. Do wins stack at 1?.

Just went on Halo tracker and looked at the top Breakout players, and looks like the number 1 player has a CSR ranking of 1914 in Breakout, and the 2nd highest has 1840. So the top player can still lose and keep his rank if his CSR rank is far enough ahead of the 2nd place guy (that's my understanding at least)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like I'm the worst at the dmr. Br is easy and light rifle is more forgiving. The pistol is rough for me because I feel like I'm constantly lagging. It's almost like I'm just not seeing people as quick as they're seeing me.

Idk, I see what you're saying though and it's not just you. Specifically at long ranges I just feel the pistol is spot on compared to the dmr. Which is weird as hell...

Yeah I almost never pick up the DMR.

It's all rating based. So if he had one 50 matches in a row he has a bit of wiggle room in his CSR Rating, so even if he lost a decent amount of points he could still hold the #1 spot.

Just like how Snipedown is always 50-200 points ahead of the #2 spot.