CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So TreyArch isn't properly pacing their fans on content? Ha! Their loss! Black Ops 3 won't last a month on that strategy.

They get EVERYTHING on day 1. Bad business.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lol the effort they put into all these easter eggs is just sad more than anything else. 'Look guys we can be like Bungie too!'

I think 343 legitimately thought H5 would be some sort of classic. Heartbreaking. Kind of like a 3-legged puppy trying his best.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Halo 5's population is gonna bomb tonight you know that right

From blops 3 lol? COD is not what it used to be.

Same here.  Can I hop on the platinum add train?

I wouldn't mind getting in on this either. At least for Slayer (I'm diamond in TA so I may not be wanted haha) at any rate.

Dude on the real - I played the last one and it was fantastic. 

It was indeed, I'm excited for it to be honest but NEVER go against Fallout 4 lol.

I don't think we will be getting back to CE or even 2 with just one game. It will take a couple games. Is that sad? Hell fucking yes it is. But is Halo 5 better than the last few Halo games we have gotten since 2004? Yes (Opinion) There may be less content. But Destiny has zero content whats so ever and it has tons of players playing it. Do I wish there were more players? Most definitely. It is so very sad we even had to be in this position. But its a better position that we have been in gameplay wise that we have had for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So TreyArch isn't properly pacing their fans on content? Ha! Their loss! Black Ops 3 won't last a month on that strategy.

lmao. This sustain strategy will prove to be complete shit when people trade in their H5 copies towards other games. I like H5's gameplay especially arena, but there simply isn't enough content and the average gamer probably isn't going to do too much research into 343's long term plans.

Do you guys think a December release would have hurt the game or helped it? I'm thinking sales wise, the October release was the right choice, but I think a December release with forge, BTB, file share, and social playlists would have helped keep a higher attach rate. I think people trading in H5 towards other games this holiday season will be a legitimate issue

I don't think we will be getting back to CE or even 2 with just one game.

We already have these games right now...we don't need a rehash of either of them....what we need is a game that plays and looks like Halo....all the way through..not just a hint of halo here, some cod there, a splash of battlefield on the top, a sprinkle of titanfall on the bottom and whatever else on the side...make it halo 100%.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We already have these games right now...we don't need a rehash of either of them....what we need is a game that plays and looks like Halo....all the way through..not just a hint of halo here, some cod there, a splash of battlefield on the top, a sprinkle of titanfall on the bottom and whatever else on the side...make it halo 100%.

I don't mean a rehash. I meant along the lines of what made Halo CE and 2 so great. If I wanted CE and 2 so badly I could go play them. But yes you are completely correct.

Last night was my first time to play Warzone for more than five minutes.  Also my first time to use sniper at a long range.  Now I see why people are saying it's too easy....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Shixon%20IV/video/12553468

On a side note, the campaign gets pretty cool around levels 6 and 7.  Really enjoying it.!

They've somehow managed to make the the sniper both clunky and incredibly forgiving to use. Like, even worse than Halo 4.

I don't mean a rehash. I meant along the lines of what made Halo CE and 2 so great. If I wanted CE and 2 so badly I could go play them. 

Which is why I said we need a "halo" game. We're thinking the same thing.

I hope 343 ends up making a playlist with no sprint. And custom maps cause the maps we have currently couldn't live without clamber. The maps feel like they were made to test the spartan abilities and 343 was like "Welp might as well make this actual maps since they are basically finished."

Halo 5 just sold well according to Microsoft. Which goes to show that even with the fuck up that was MCC people still supported the franchise and 343. Which also makes it quite obvious that they don't have to create a "shooter" that appeals to casuals instead of hardcore halo fans if they want the game to be successful. This franchise will always sell like crack in the 80s...period...343 doesn't need to chase any audience except the one that loves halo and the game will still bring in millions upon millions. This is where common sense should kick in with the developers. We've had 3 games, back to back to back where the developer was chasing a different audience and each time the game sold well, but each time the game suffered in terms of feeling like halo and population. Make a "halo" game and your sales and shit will still be intact while sustaining a more healthier population of players that enjoy playing halo...for halo...do the opposite and we have people criticizing the direction of the game...people leaving the franchise...the overall population plummeting too soon...twitch numbers falling off quicker than the 49ers...etc.

We went from complaining about the BR and the pace of the game in halo 3 to "is this still a halo game?" Crazy.

we went from complaining about the br starts, to complaining about ar pistol starts, we are in a very similar position compared to where we were with halo 3.

I hope 343 ends up making a playlist with no sprint. And custom maps cause the maps we have currently couldn't live without clamber. The maps feel like they were made to test the spartan abilities and 343 was like "Welp might as well make this actual maps since they are basically finished."

bare bones is a must, on forge remakes and truth/regret, and maybe fathom.

Anyone who doesn't buy fallout 4 will feel my wrath. Seriously, fallout is my second favorite game series of all time, I take it very VERY seriously...

I don't think we will be getting back to CE or even 2 with just one game. It will take a couple games. Is that sad? Hell fucking yes it is. But is Halo 5 better than the last few Halo games we have gotten since 2004? Yes (Opinion) There may be less content. But Destiny has zero content whats so ever and it has tons of players playing it. Do I wish there were more players? Most definitely. It is so very sad we even had to be in this position. But its a better position that we have been in gameplay wise that we have had for a while.

In the grand scheme of tournament organizers making money, you don't really need a halo CE or halo 2 equivalent.  Competitiveness is all just a matter of perspective, and save for Ogre2, NONE of the top players going into halo 5 have a clue between the skill differences involved in halo CE vs Halo 5.  They actually believe that being good at a game like halo 5 is the end all be all in terms of greatness in console FPS shooters.  It's like being the best checkers player in comparison to the best chess player.  Sure you may be great in the eyes of checkers players but in the big picture, you still have yet to prove that you are good at an FPS console game that has a higher skill curve to the people that put competitive halo on the map.  And that is just how it is and will always be.

It's sad really because here you have a group of players that devote thousands upon thousand of hours getting good at a game that no OG player realistically is going to pay any mind to (save for OG2 who is still GOAT), and the kicker is that they don't need to pay any mind in order for said new team to be "successful" and get paid.  One mans trash is another mans treasure, and that is exactly how I think of halo 5 in relation to halo CE and the positive opinions that surround halo 5.  Ignorance is bliss and I'm going to have to hear more than "this is the best game since halo 3!!!" to simply give 343 a pass on their incompetence when it comes to making a true competitive console FPS game.  The # of excuses being made for this game simply because it is new and people don't want to see halo 5 fail is pretty comical to say the least.  They've had 17 years since the first game was made to correct all the mistakes and halo 5 is what we are given?  Sorry, but no. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

bare bones is a must, on forge remakes and truth/regret, and maybe fathom.

It would be very much appreciated. I mean all 343 has to do is let us figure out the best setting for movement speed and let us create the maps. Boom work is done for them. They only have to implement it