CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I went on Waypoint to see just how many times I've had to play Orion in the Team Slayer playlist (just got it 2 games in a row...again) and I've played a total of 9/20 games on that piece of shit map. So that means almost half of my games have been on Orion. My second most is Regret with 4. That leaves a total of 7 games where I haven't gotten the same map. What in the fuck is wrong with the map weighting and why, out of ALL the maps, is Orion by far the most frequent selection? Team Slayer is borderline unplayable because of this. Plus every game someone on my team quits out because the map sucks. I just a lost another game on that map with 20 kills out of my teams 36 and that's honestly how it always goes. I just don't understand why this map is weighted so heavily. Please 343 for the love of God replace this map with Truth. Please. Rant over.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Serious question: why do people play the Team Slayer playlist? Obj. has always been better in Halo, and the differential is even greater in this game. There are maybe two maps that work well for Slayer. 

Serious question: why do people play the Team Slayer playlist? Obj. has always been better in Halo, and the differential is even greater in this game. There are maybe two maps that work well for Slayer. 

Because people have different likes and dislikes than you.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:bravo: . Most of the complaints about H5 are 10x worse in TS than Obj... 

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. You're either wrong, or you agree with me. There is no between. This is how video games work, sir.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Mainly because Arena is too hardcore for me to play frequently. Also I only play it with my friend (that sucks lol) so that he can learn the game by playing with me. But if I play that too much I'll rank up too high and he'll get stomped. So I just try and play Slayer to keep my shot consistent and I keep getting Orion. I personally would play obj over TS 100% of the time if we had a dedicated playlist. But we don't so TS has to do. And don't recommend FFA because we all know what that playlist is like :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. You're either wrong, or you agree with me. There is no between. This is how video games work, sir.

What did you just say to me you little shit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What did you just say to me you little shit.

Listen here, Jack. I'll go uptown and send your mother some flowers, you punk. See?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because TS  is a lot easier, you don't have to think nearly as much and most people just flat out have no idea how to play obj correctly.

Even when mlg 50s were a thing it was crazy to see how many people struggled on how to play ball/king properly and had no idea when/which way to run flags.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to like this ranking system but its rough. I already have multiple onyx's, what do I do now? I have no desire to constanly stay in champion, plus playing by yourself high level means that you'll get matched up against a team of four almost every time (party restrictions need to happen asap). Can't believe I feel like I'm already done with a halo game, its only been a week.. 

Social Playlist needs to come out like tomorrow... 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to like this ranking system but its rough. I already have multiple onyx's, what do I do now? I have no desire to constanly stay in champion, plus playing by yourself high level means that you'll get matched up against a team of four almost every time (party restrictions need to happen asap). Can't believe I feel like I'm already done with a halo game, its only been a week.. 

Social Playlist  :prayers:

Social playlist is on the way, it's the waiting for it that sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I normally don't have trouble playing shooters on my 40 inch HDTV, but I really seem to notice a lot of input lag on Halo 5. Maybe I should get a monitor.

Listen here, Jack. I'll go uptown and send your mother some flowers, you punk. See?

ayBedbhO.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Social playlist is on the way, it's the waiting for it that sucks. 

343 better be quick, there's some serious stuff coming this fall. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bet they release BTB with the Forge update even though they said BTB would be weeks, not months.

Remove Orion and Regret from Arena.  I don't even know why Regret is in H5 if we have Truth.

Regret and Truth are near the same but they are the best maps imo

Call me crazy, but you would think the aiming problem would be a priority for 343 to sort out before the release of BOIII aka the death of 70% of Halos population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching an ogre use ar for over half a game....

Man what in the fuck

You can't spell "Halo5: GuARdians" without AR :lxthul:

yesterday has been all about matching up agianst teams all day long..does 343 acknowledge that there is something wrong with the search engine or do they ignore any complaint about that?

• Upvote (+1) 7

You can't spell "Halo5: GuARdians" without AR :lxthul:

yesterday has been all about matching up agianst teams all day long..does 343 acknowledge that there is something wrong with the search engine or do they ignore any complaint about that?

There's nothing wrong with the searching, that's how it is intended to work. 

I've pretty much avoided Arena for a while now because there's no point going in solo against full teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's nothing wrong with the searching, that's how it is intended to work. 

I've pretty much avoided Arena for a while now because there's no point going in solo against full teams.

so a 4v4 playlist with party restriction is the best we can hope for?

If they want to change anything at all...

It seems as a project Halo 5 has been horrendously badly led and organised. You had at least 3 years of development and the whole game was released severely lacking content. Let me understand how is this possible coming from a developer running the flagship game of Xbone? Why is it that for ex. BO3 will have much more content in comparison and they also had 3 years of development time?

I just can't understand. Do the bosses at 343i say to the workers: "Oh hey it's ok that you didn't reach the deadline with forge, here have a cookie. But wait we didn't even have a deadline because what's the rush? We will get our money anyway. "

Also the lack of information regarding anything is worrisome and I this should be handled at a high level of the organisation.

Command your troops plebs.  :kappa:

Tl;dr: Bosses of 343i are slacking, git gud. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regret and Truth are near the same but they are the best maps imo

How do people say they are almost the same? They are REALLY different despite having a relatively similar layout. Same goes for eden and empire. Despite being remixes they really feel like completely different maps. I didn't play the beta so before launch I was worried they would be similar but they really are VERY far from each other. 

• Upvote (+1) 2