CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You guys ae kidding yourselves if you seriously think Warzone will stand a Grenada's chance against BF or CoD or Fallout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.twitch.tv/ogre2/v/23844966

Watch the match that starts at 13:25. He intentionally just uses AR the entire time with some plasma pistol. Either he really is freaking amazing and makes it look easy...or the AR really is going to be abused like he uses it. :(

This is what I was talking about earlier. The AR is just plain ridiculous. The game before he had like a 0.3 k/d when using the pistol and then this happens.

Lost the second round in 1v1 tourney :/

The playlist vote is an absolute joke. We already have two of them and shotty snipe will be a nightmare. Why? It's impossible to miss with the sniper and a shotgun that can shoot across the map, it's going to be the worst experience you will ever have. We need infection, griftball, doubles, 3 ball, rocket race, ANYTHING.

@@Sal1ent please please please reconsider the playlist vote option. Please.

I am trying to help make the game better.

Interesting. My last Arena matches have ended:

- 50-48

- 50-43

- 50-46

- 50-45

- 50-45

- 50-44

- 50-45

- 50-43

Stomps happen here and there, but it's nowhere near as often as it used to be.

I think I kind of like the game like this. The best thing in pro matches is when it comes down to the wire, and it seems in Arena now at the end of a match, me and my team always slow down and do everything we can to avoid dying. I don't really know what closer games happening consistently means in terms of the sandbox, though. Or whether it's a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just watched @@Batchford completely annihilate 3 guys with the SMG while 1 shot... Wanted to check out the spectator mode while I was on the phone.

Can't tell if SMG is OP or those kids were just stupid. Either way sick play!

Just thought I'd share this with the community. I was playing a 1v1 custom for fun. I set instant respawn because I wanted constant BR battles to warm up. I killed my friend bottom car1, and I lift up to car2 and he spawns/runs (He has full shields cuz I just killed him) to the streets and I either 2 shot or 3 shot him with the BR. Idk if it's a glitch or what happen.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/5a598c6d-b123-4ada-8500-eb8ea135d06a?gamerTag=So%20Energized&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

I was hosting the match so I didn't change any damage multipliers or anything. Just a little lost here...? Idk if when I thrusted to the left, and shot through the wall it made my shot stronger or what?

Not a huge fan of Fathom. The two ramps leading up to top mid get camped by the storm rifle players and it becomes a nade fest. I'll have to find some jumps/strats to get top mid control because it's really frustrating.

Also, I finally opposed a decent team on Orion. I understand why you all hate it now. What the hell is that shit.

uIaznbY.png

So yeah, about those Weekend Social Playlists

"Start off ranked"

Oh dear, lol if they rank weekend playlists. And I voted for CTF, but it looks Shotty Snipers is going to win by a landslide.

"Start off ranked"

Oh dear, lol if they rank weekend playlists. And I voted for CTF, but it looks Shotty Snipers is going to win by a landslide.

Sniping isn't even fun or consistent in this game and the shotgun is ridiculous. 

"Start off ranked"

For real I wanted CTF too. I love sniping in Halo but its just shit in this game. No rewarding feeling for hitting the headshot. I actually feel bad if I miss and if I hit I feel like its expected of me. Really bad vibes about sniping in this game just because it isn't challenging at all.

Also, I finally opposed a decent team on Orion. I understand why you all hate it now. What the hell is that shit.

Welcome to the club.

Just watched @@Batchford completely annihilate 3 guys with the SMG while 1 shot... Wanted to check out the spectator mode while I was on the phone.

Can't tell if SMG is OP or those kids were just stupid. Either way sick play!

Probably a litte of both. The SMG is really good in tight spaces, but it definitely has a range to its power.

This game is in serious need of social playlists besides warzone

Very much. I'm glad 343 put in a solid ranking system foundation - it's still new, you have to expect flaws the first couple weeks to a month as it levels everyone out, I believe with the first reset it will only get much better - but they took it too far and didn't give us any social 4v4 playlists lol. Probably 60% of the time I'd rather play to have fun and improve while listening to music and bullshitting with friends, and only 40% of the time do I actually want to lean forward while playing. 

Things like Oddball, KOTH, and other gametypes arent the type of features that will bring back players. However, their absence from H5 resulting in its extremely thin content is something that will drive players away.

Warzone and its surrounding REQ system are not deep enough and do not possess the longevity to keep casuals playing for long. People will be getting bored of Warzone right in time for CoD, BF and Fallout to scoop them away.

When these games, which are all well designed to suck people in come out, they won't be coming back to Halo. Does 343 really think that a couple gametypes or playlists or new REQs will tear people away from other games?

I think 343 need to realize that keeping people simply takes an extremely good game with longevity and depth out of the box. If your game is good, people will stay. Offering this shallow launch to people is only going to let them get bored force them to go looking for new games.

They had better come out with more community centered content like File Browsers and Custom Options (the current ones do NOT cut it). The SR ranking from 1-151 is also shallow and boring. Where are the cool titles and symbols for progression from Reach? Things like this suck people right in and keep them playing and keep them invested in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They had better come out with more community centered content like File Browsers and Custom Options (the current ones do NOT cut it). The SR ranking from 1-151 is also shallow and boring. Where are the cool titles and symbols for progression from Reach? Things like this suck people right in and keep them playing and keep them invested in the game.

I had so much hope when they announced companies, but fuck man, they didn't even integrate a "company" friends list when you go to see what friends are online. Being able to unlock different emblems for your company, using those emblems in game, unlocking clan tags of varying colors, checking who in your company is online, and making a company-only playlist for arena, warzone, and BTB where only people in the same company can play together on a team and compete against another company to get these unlocks is such a missed opportunity.

And... holy run on sentence... lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interesting. My last Arena matches have ended:

- 50-48

- 50-43

- 50-46

- 50-45

- 50-45

- 50-44

- 50-45

- 50-43

Stomps happen here and there, but it's nowhere near as often as it used to be.

I think I kind of like the game like this. The best thing in pro matches is when it comes down to the wire, and it seems in Arena now at the end of a match, me and my team always slow down and do everything we can to avoid dying. I don't really know what closer games happening consistently means in terms of the sandbox, though. Or whether it's a good thing.

I had a really rough 48-50 game this morning. I could have won the game but I choked with the sniper and go two bodyshots not headshots. I feel like the worst player in the world right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a huge fan of Fathom. The two ramps leading up to top mid get camped by the storm rifle players and it becomes a nade fest. I'll have to find some jumps/strats to get top mid control because it's really frustrating.

Hope this helps :)

There's also a jump straight onto top mid from the boxes on the ground floor onto a slant above the water hole thing. Then off that slant you clamber up the platform.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I assume the reason there is not party sized matchmaking 100% of the time, like in Halo 3, is because there is a worry about search times being slower (in fact this is pretty much what Josh said in regards to it). There is a solution, though, and it lies in the number of ranked playlists. Currently, a lot of the community has expressed concern about the lack of social playlists, as they want to play the game casually, but with more variety than simply Warzone. Even as a competitive player, I support this, as most of us do. If there were less ranked playlists, it wouldn't be as big of a deal to have the search times be a bit slower to include 100% party sized matchmaking for there would be other options--social playlists--where it is not present and very fast matches would be guaranteed.

I propose the playlists being set up like this:

Warzone:

Warzone

Warzone Assault

Arena (Ranked)

Team Arena

FFA

*Added in* Team Doubles

Social (Unranked)

Team Slayer

SWAT

Breakout

*Added in* Infection

Weekend Social

??

??

Not sure what to do with BTB

I assume the reason there is not party sized matchmaking 100% of the time, like in Halo 3, is because there is a worry about search times being slower. 

I'd rather have slow matchmaking times into decent games than fast matchmaking times into lopsided games.

• Upvote (+1) 4