CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm pretty interested in hearing what their sustain package plan entails. I know were getting forge next month, but do we know when we are getting maps and game modes? I'm still having some fun on this game, but have had a few moments where I just didn't feel like playing anymore. My whole thing is that unless there's something given to us soon after forge comes out, then I don't think I'll be around that long to even see it.

I think some more game modes and playlists would have been beneficial at launch. I understand they want to sustain players with content, but I have 4 literal game modes I can play in the Arena playlist, and one of them is almost a complete change from classic Halo. The level of variety at launch is usually a big reason to stick with the game.

I'm pretty interested in hearing what their sustain package plan entails. I know were getting forge next month, but do we know when we are getting maps and game modes? I'm still having some fun on this game, but have had a few moments where I just didn't feel like playing anymore. My whole thing is that unless there's something given to us soon after forge comes out, then I don't think I'll be around that long to even see it.

I think some more game modes and playlists would have been beneficial at launch. I understand they want to sustain players with content, but I have 4 literal game modes I can play in the Arena playlist, and one of them is almost a complete change from classic Halo. The level of variety at launch is usually a big reason to stick with the game.

The back of the box says this:

"Receive new maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear each month after launch."

So I assume it's all planned to be monthly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The back of the box says this:

"Receive new maps and earn fresh, new content like weapons and gear each month after launch."

So I assume it's all planned to be monthly.

I get that but I wonder how much content and for how long. I assume the content for next month is only Forge right? Maybe they have some surprises, but if the month after that is lackluster I can't see this whole plan working out too well. I honestly don't know what I would need to feel content with their sustain plan, but if we only get a single game mode and a bunch of weapon skins for month two then it won't look good.

Try that in any other game and see what happens.

Lol uh I have in halo 2 and 3. You can still beat on scrubs no matter what weapon you have. Especially if you're a pro and even more so if you're 2gre

This game is going to die faster than Halo 4 did the way things are going. The only community that will be left is the comp community because of HCS. 

Where are the playlists that cater to the casual community???

Im a casual Halo player but i do enjoy watching tournaments. The way this game is right now, its pretty much pushing away people from it instead of keeping players on.

Curious to see what happens when Blops 3 and Fallout 4 comes out in a few weeks. This is pretty much going to be another repeat of the Halo 4 population drop. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Those social playlist options are fucking sparse. Very disappointing to not see anything new (Assault, KotH, Doubles). Chalk up another win for their playlist management team and this sustainability plan.  :kappa:

Where are the playlists that cater to the casual community???

maybe the playlist that 343 explicitly made for casuals ... warzone

also weekend social slayer and upcoming playlists.  i agree it's weird that they didn't launch with a SINGLE social playlist apart from warzone

Fankly I don't GAF about their sustain plans, they just need to fix a few core gameplay issues and the "sustainability" will fix itself.

Increase mag size on the pistol.

Decrease mag size on the AR.

Decrease bullet magnetism on the Sniper, BR, and DMR.

Remove the weapon firing delay after pickup/switch.

That right there will do more for the games longevity than releasing any number of maps will.

• Upvote (+1) 3

New survey from the Halo Community Feedback Program. 

Fill it in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The weekend playlist thing so far.. meh. They're just using gametypes that are already in the custom game's menu.

Any mention of fixing what seems to be random slow turn? Feels like sometimes I can't simply turn especially if I'm facing a wall. It's weird as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the best player in the game misses one shot out of five with the magnum.

2 out of 5, that is 60%. Still doesn't change your point really though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 out of 5, that is 60%. Still doesn't change your point really though.

But it does show us that even the "best' player in the game is getting an average of 1 kill per clip with the starting "utility" weapon. You should not be forced to reload after every engagement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weekend playlist is very disappointing. I was hoping for some of the missing game types being implemented on a weekly basis up until the launch of Forge but now I am not too hopeful.