CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Apex 6 times in a row, thanks 343

Visually I really like that map, but I've had some pretty bad experiences playing on it. It seems like who ever gets Spire control will win, its a much more dominant center point than Garage or Fortress on the other 2 warzone maps. It has pretty much direct sightlines to both of the side bases so its really hard to push, and they can get to any major boss easily without having to venture too far away from spire. I think they need to do something about the direct sightlines or add some additional cover in between the side bases and the Spire

EDIT:

And I know the Escape from ARC map has direct sightlines from Garage to the side bases too, but its a much shorter "walk" between those points, and there aren't too many windows in Garage to peak out of. The Spire on Apex 7 has tons of cover and tons of positions for you to peak out and shoot people making the long "walk" from a side base to Spire

Can't wait for the constant posts about viewership and population going down <_<

Can't wait for the constant posts about viewership and population going down <_<

So I take it you are one of those people that believes a games ability to garner and maintain viewers is not important? There is a reason a game goes from 20-30k viewers to 2k in a few days. And what will it be at in a month when all the pros stop streaming consistently? Viewers = interest = support = money.

Same boat here, heck even 1 time is 1 time to many on that map imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apex 7 is my favorite of the three Warzone maps, I like how the bosses are laid out.

Stormbreak isn't too good :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apex 7 is my favorite of the three Warzone maps, I like how the bosses are laid out.

GG last night in breakout, I saw you with clicked and mace and I was with Krazer and a shadowrun friend. We were laughing so hard that game, it was pretty close and a lot of fun.

one day id like to see halo multiplayer host ingame tournaments for msft dollars.

A portion of the req packs go to the HCS, however that portion is not the money aspect, it's the points. Salient confirmed 2,000 points of the 10,000 spent go towards the HCS prize pool, and that first place will take 1,000,000 points each.  :kappa:

Do you think the following means that Halo 5 numbers were good, but not as good as Halo's before it? I guess I'm asking do you think we'll see any real numbers or was that it as far as day one sales info?

:holmes:   doubt it.

So I take it you are one of those people that believes a games ability to garner and maintain viewers is not important? There is a reason a game goes from 20-30k viewers to 2k in a few days. And what will it be at in a month when all the pros stop streaming consistently? Viewers = interest = support = money.

That is not how Twitch Viewership works.

If MCC launched well, it would be getting the same numbers H5 is getting. The difference is that that they would have been able to build an audience out of it, as the word of mouth is that "the game launched well and plays smoothly".

Halo Twitch streamers need to grow their stream, and I think H5 is actually helping people like Gamesager and Activee a lot. Ogre 2 has gotten a lot of subs in the past month (including me).

I don't think H5 will give as much growth as a working MCC would have, but it is certainly happening.

I really like Stormbreak actually. I like that there are some nice structures in the way between Fortress and the side bases, and I like that the Fortress base shifts ownership a couple times a game (in a good game). One complaint would be the major boss being in the Fortress in the begining is kind of weird. The team that will kill that boss will usually be the team who will take ownership of Fortress so I'm not sure how fair that is. Maybe would have been better to put that boss out side of the Fortress where that tank spawns

When are episodes 5 and 6 for The Sprint season 3 scheduled to go live?

Edit: I saw @@Moa said at the end of the month. Is there a specific date or a link to the source?

End of Sprint episode 1 or 2.

Do you think this (and the other complaints with the map finding system) will get ironed out as the free DLC map packs become available? Or is this more a problem with the way the servers are set up and the actual algorithms the game uses to decide on the next map in the playlist?

Do you think this (and the other complaints with the map finding system) will get ironed out as the free DLC map packs become available? Or is this more a problem with the way the servers are set up and the actual algorithms the game uses to decide on the next map in the playlist?

More maps isn't going to do anything. They need to add some check in so I never play the same map twice in a row.

Each map/gametype in H5 should have a random chance but it seems like maps like Rig and Apex 7 and heavily weighted compared to other maps in the pool.

it seems like maps like Rig and Apex 7 and heavily weighted compared to other maps in the pool.

Why is that, if you had to guess?

Why is that, if you had to guess?

The amount of times I saw The Rig show up when I played Arena was shocking compared to the other maps in the playlist.

When are episodes 5 and 6 for The Sprint season 3 scheduled to go live?

Edit: I saw @@Moa said at the end of the month. Is there a specific date or a link to the source?

Goddamn I love The Sprint. I love documentaries and shows that give a semi-real aspect to people/groups so this is just amazing. I hope they continue it after launch. Like what they are doing to improve the game over time. Maybe looking into dev beginnings into Halo 6. Developing HCS. Every episode is just so good and gives you a view into a world majority of us never see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 343i's "random" algorithm just doesn't work properly, because In MCC the same maps would pop up all the time as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People be saying they keep getting the same maps over, I must be lucky cos I get a nice mix of them.

So what does everyone think the first voting options will be for weekend social? also when will we get to vote it seems like it would be a good time to give us that option.

I would of thought the voting would be up by now, so I wouldn't expect weekend social to start this weekend.

So yeah, Empire Strongholds sucks ass. It should be Flag instead.

Flag should be played on Symms, while Asyms should have Strongholds played on them.

Empire Strongholds is like playing CTF on Guardian. It's dumb as hell.

That is not how Twitch Viewership works.

If MCC launched well, it would be getting the same numbers H5 is getting. The difference is that that they would have been able to build an audience out of it, as the word of mouth is that "the game launched well and plays smoothly".

Halo Twitch streamers need to grow their stream, and I think H5 is actually helping people like Gamesager and Activee a lot. Ogre 2 has gotten a lot of subs in the past month (including me).

I don't think H5 will give as much growth as a working MCC would have, but it is certainly happening.

Gamesager already had a following from Destiny. I just checked and WishYouLuck and WTFisPoshy are also streaming right now, who are both top PvP players in Destiny and already had a fanbase. The issue is whether we can see new streamers that are built out of streaming Halo and have a good personality. For some reason, a lot of Halo only streamers are really fucken boring. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So yeah, Empire Strongholds sucks ass. It should be Flag instead.

Flag should be played on Symms, while Asyms should have Strongholds played on them.

Empire Strongholds is like playing CTF on Guardian. It's dumb as hell.

Am I the only one who sees the contradiction here