CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If I'm just hunting for weapon skins, should I be pulling gold or silver REQ packs? I'm trying to figure out what's more efficient, and I've already gone through about ten gold packs or more.

I was reading on HaloWaypoint today that its actually better to go for silver packs first. Basically because you get double as much for your REQ points at the beginning. You dont waste 10000 points for something that you would also get in a silver pack anyway. I was always going for Gold, but I think I will change to silver now.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/to-get-all-the-permanent-unlocks-cheapest-method/bc5c4777-cff1-4b53-906e-caf1e60b78c7/posts

• Upvote (+1) 2

Havent gotten a single skin at level 26. About that last update where they were saying "only 20 people have this weapon, 23 this, 18 this" how do you expect people to spend real money on those packs when they dont get shit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Havent gotten a single skin at level 26. About that last update where they were saying "only 20 people have this weapon, 23 this, 18 this" how do you expect people to spend real money on those packs when they dont get shit?

I haven't gotten a skin either, but I have 9 Assault Rifles.

fefcdfa45d1fa6c57c30d0721ffa493e.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welp another great review

sry if this was posted before

great vid, but I disagree on it not being a halo game, and that the story is lackluster(seriously I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the story)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Go work at 343 right now

Wasn't my idea, Was just going into greater detail about what i think batchford ment.(If he didn't mean it that way then i take the credit!)

I agree, but that wasn't the point I was making. I was pointing out the obvious. Shit I more or less just found it funny and said something about it. There's been a lot of people ITT mention searching solo and how unpleasent its been. A lot of the same people in fact, hell on one occasion 3 of em even quoted each other and it was like an encounter out of a sitcom; (or at least thats how I pictured it)

(Very terrible dialogue of said encounter)

P1: Man searching solo sucks

P2. Yeah man I feel ya

P3. Amen to that brothers

All. Kay bye

Could they have already tried adding each other and it didn't work out? Most defintely and that's what I assume happened due to the obviousness of it but I found it funny, I posted about it. But hey if some kid off his rocker wants to come in and scream at me, other forum members, everybody? nobody? in some buttmad, nerd rage fashion for no other reason then to be irrational, thats cool, it doesn't bug me.

Except Some cases like me where i don't have a mic, and i consider this a more competitive focused forum, and if there's one thing i learn in H3 Get a mic or take a hike if you want to play competitive...   so im not going to ask anyone to play with someone without one.

But considering i was able to go in solo 98% of the time in H3 and still have competitive games shows that the system should work, I can see this kind of matching system if there was only 20k people playing but i'm sure this close after release there's still plenty of population to hold a proper matchmaking system.

UGH i need to stop jumping all the time, It's literally worthless in this game, H3 muscle memory...

Also, keep seeing people getting put in onyx from placements, Gone 10-0 twice and got Diamond 1 each time... maybe i should try losing some to see if it'll place me higher?

UGH i need to stop jumping all the time, It's literally worthless in this game, H3 muscle memory...

Also, keep seeing people getting put in onyx from placements, Gone 10-0 twice and got Diamond 1 each time... maybe i should try losing some to see if it'll place me higher?

For placement matches, it's not all about win/loss.

great vid, but I disagree on it not being a halo game, and that the story is lackluster(seriously I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the story)

It wasn't completely terrible, but I was really looking forward to the HuntTheTruth stuff. It looked like this was going to be a groundbreaking campaign, but it ended up pretty straightforward and typical for a Halo campaign.

but I was really looking forward to the HuntTheTruth stuff. It looked like this was going to be a groundbreaking campaign,

This is it right here heh.

But imo honestly there's no Halo game that ever moved me maybe aside from Halo 4 but its story had problems too

Maybe it's our own fault too for expecting so much from a story from Halo idk...

But for realz I was legit disappointed how disconnected Halo 5 was from Halo 4 without things from the books

• Upvote (+1) 1

You've just gotta work for it really. Ideally you should be spending your REQ points on silver skins to get certifications out the way. Silver packs still guarantee 2 permanet unlocks, Gold packs just unlock more rare stuff. While you're working on silvers to unlock all that, there's a chance you'll get skins too. Once you have your certs out the way, that's when you should be pushing towards gold packs.

As for the last update when they were saying X people had a certain weapon - those are literally the rarest cards in the game. Mythic guns like Nornfang, Whispered Truth and Prophet's Bane.

The only chance you'll have at seeing those is by having all your permanent unlocks being completed and getting lucky with a gold REQ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before 343 went and copied Mass Effect 3's purchase system, they might've wanted to look into the fact that bitching was fairly minimal because you can literally hack as many in-game credits as you want and completely avoid spending real money while you blow up your inventory with all kinds of shit.

(Even then, the game plays like ass)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Before 343 went and copied Mass Effect 3's purchase system

So that was really you from Angry Joe's stream

For placement matches, it's not all about win/loss.

I know, But it's just kinda BS that Where you get placed Ultimately Isn't in your control, You can go 10-0 and get placed in silver if they only placed you agisnt bronze opponents. Maybe if they had a Better matchmaking system in the 1st place as far as making games go...

I Still say plat should be the highest you get placed, but certainly not onyx out of placements, To help prevent people getting put there only though a lucky placements.  But i'm just complaining that doing the best i could possibly do i don't get the best placement due to RNG

I know, But it's just kinda BS that Where you get placed Ultimately Isn't in your control, You can go 10-0 and get placed in silver if they only placed you agisnt bronze opponents. Maybe if they had a Better matchmaking system in the 1st place as far as making games go...

I Still say plat should be the highest you get placed, but certainly not onyx out of placements, To help prevent people getting put there only though a lucky placements.  But i'm just complaining that doing the best i could possibly do i don't get the best placement due to RNG

I agree, they need to tweak the ranking system a lot, because as it stands, I haven't seen it working as it intended 100% of the time. There are a lot of bad players in ranks they shouldn't be in.

However I disagree you not being able to be placed in Onyx. If you're really one of the top players in a playlist, I think you should be placed there to avoid lopsided matches by sticking them with Diamond or Platinum, for example.

But imo honestly there's no Halo game that ever moved me maybe aside from Halo 4 but its story had problems too

I was always moved more by the scale of the story and atmosphere of the settings, Halo 2 in particular.

You go from feeling like a badass cyborg shredding up the Covenant to feeling like this tiny blip in a much larger story. I always enjoyed that juxtaposition between power and smallness.

The original trilogy has this feeling of tragedy and mystery throughout the whole thing which I miss. You were straining for info on the Forerunners, uncovering this ancient mystery.

Now it's all "I AM THE WARDEN ALL UP IN HERE" screamed in your face. 343s Forerunners have yet to feel like a race that had mastered the universe, though I may need to read more of the novels to understand their direction (part of the problem).

Halo 5 has its moments though. Currently enjoying mission replays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you think the following means that Halo 5 numbers were good, but not as good as Halo's before it? I guess I'm asking do you think we'll see any real numbers or was that it as far as day one sales info?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldn't be the first time halo has used features from other games that no one has cared to remember(and I know no one remembers because lemon is the only one who realizes the similarities). No one remembers that tribes had third person vehicle integration and regenerating health.

Wouldn't be the first time halo has used features from other games that no one has cared to remember(and I know no one remembers because lemon is the only one who realizes the similarities).

I want to be in the band. I will play thrash triangle.

I want to be in the band. I will play thrash triangle.

so youre gonna be my double triangle guy?

Any tips for slayer on the rig? We can't beat anybody decent on that map. There are so many hallways and hiding spots. If there were no automatics on that map fuck it would play so much better. Every day that goes by, it seems like the meta is increasingly becoming "hide here with automatic".

So many of the maps have wide opened spaces with limited cover with campy rooms and corners in between. They literally suck ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so youre gonna be my double triangle guy?

People don't really understand just how heavy a double-tracked triangle sounds.

dat analog warmf

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something that I'd like to point out.

Lone wolves matching teams of four causes more problems than one.

Let's say you have a team of 4 who are individually, high platinum - low diamond players. Yet when they match together, they're a respectable Onyx squad. So they eventually rank up.

When these players return to matchmaking by their lonesome they'll get shit on. Which, in it of itself, causes obvious problems.

This game needs TEAM ranks, BAD.

• Upvote (+1) 1