CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So. Too much bad luck on my main account. Me and my teammate decide to make some alts. Hey, why not?

We make alts; play 10 games of Arena. We get back to Onyx yada yada. Playing decent players in Onyx/Champ. Winning games... La la la.... 

Then we match Sargoth, Coby, Lifestyle and Cpt Anarchy.

The game loads up....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SplitCarp134292/video/12524144#t=6

Teammates:

"Oh no it's these guys again Jay, I'm backing out"

"Yeah I'm with you man, let's re-search"

Me:

"No! Wait! This is gonna be a good ga- AGAHAGHAGHAGHJKA Gooooddddd Dammittttt!!!! *Chucks Xbox across the room*!!!!  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  (My teammate is cracking up at the irony of this happening to us for like the 9th time tonight and I'm being overzealous about it haha)

Lmao.... Like.. My god dude! I'm just going to take a break off of this game for a couple days and just continue talking about the game and having conversations with you guys on here because... I can't take this crap dude. I swear if I didn't love you guys so much Beyond, idk what I'd do with myself. Like I just want to enjoy games with some of the best players and I can't even freaking do it because MCC and CoD has bred these damn 2015 Halo players to quit when they're going to lose. This needs to stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know if you can hear teammates in game chat in the lobby/searching? I literally cannot seem to get it to work, I have to sit in party chat at all times because of it. Trying to figure out if it's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man.. That's the kind of stuff I miss and love about competitive Halo! That's a good story man. I wish all gamers were like that.

But no.. In one of the cases tonight, the score was 0-0 and I think 2 people died off the bat on Rockets, and I got sniper. I kill 3 guys and the last guy on their team grabs the flag and kills my teammate. He quits the game immediately... Then we have to proceed to sit there and struggle and barely lose at the end of the game.

Screenshot_Original.png

Like... It's not even fun playing at this high level anymore man. 

I'm searching solo or with a team of 2 and constantly matching teams of 4s and I know because twice today I matched some people on my friends list and they were running 4s... Kids on my team quitting in the first 30 seconds of a game.. Kids mindlessly walking around the map... Like I'm trying so hard to have fun and my experience just being thrashed right now. It's infuriating.

lol jfactor....he's been a fuck boy

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Going back to the maps in Halo 5 looking similar, I don't know how any one can deny it when looking at them at the same time.

*UNSC Maps*

I've said it before and i'll say it again....but it seems like the arena maps are basically one big arena map split into parts.

Oh my god fuck AI kill stealers in Warzone. There is no point in wasting your reqs for a power weapon to kill a boss or even shooting at them until they are almost dead EVER. Someone ALWAYS just fucking shoots them twice when they are almost dead and steals it. I can't believe they thought not giving you points for damage was a good idea.

I always play Warzone by myself because I can get more kills and when I have a team I play Arena. I told myself from the beginning to not care about winning in Warzone or I would get insane with 11 randoms.

Yesterday I got a legendary XP boost for winning games in WZ. So I was also going for the bosses for the first time, trying to win. The enemies stole literally 4 bosses in a row. I was shooting my whole BR into a Banshee and had to reload at the last shot. Guess what happened.

Not going for bosses ever again until they change this. I will try to steal them from time to time though.

-

Update your sig dude :wutface:

You know with as many different people that continue to complain about searching alone and how bad of a experience it is, you'd think some of you would start adding each other and see if you're ever on at the same time to play with one another.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the game to allow for people to search solo and match other people searching solo. I don't wanna add some tryhard kids that are probably gonna talk shit and quit if we lose. I just want to be able to hop on and play without adding a bunch of people I don't know. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes because i should always have 3 people online to enjoy the game i paid for.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the game to allow for people to search solo and match other people searching solo. I don't wanna add some tryhard kids that are probably gonna talk shit and quit if we lose. I just want to be able to hop on and play without adding a bunch of people I don't know. 

You both completely missed the point by like a mile.

I don't wanna add some tryhard kids that are probably gonna talk shit and quit if we lose. I just want to be able to hop on and play without adding a bunch of people I don't know./

lol

• Downvote (-1) 3

So as that Fluffy tool said earlier, people are literally just quitting Orion at the screen when they see it, leaving me stuck in a 2v4 and having to quit out and derank because I'm not gonna sit there and go insane playing a 2v4. There needs to be serious punishment for kids that quit out seemingly as often as they do. People quit an insane amount in this game, and then come on here and act like its all good since the map sucks. Fuck that, nut up and play the shit map. Also, you should never be punished for quitting out if you are the only one left on your team. Just now, map loads, two kids are already gone, 3rd kid quits out before a kill even happens, so I quit because I'm not going to waste my time or the other teams, and I fucking derank after I had just won 3 games in a row. I go down a whole level for my first ever quit while I'm on a win streak. The gameplay is fun to me, but the party restrictions, quitting with not enough punishment, and constantly getting games with kids still on there placement matches is becoming unbearable.

And since I know one of you is going to say it, no, I'm not going to add people from here. I was able to search in H3 perfectly fine and still get competitive matches, and it's not unreasonable to expect it in this game. 

You both completely missed the point by like a mile.

lol

.....so then what is your point? That i should add people right? And I just told you I don't want to, and shouldn't be forced to. Unless I all the sudden am incapable of reading comprehension, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case, I didn't miss your point at all. You are basically excusing the poor system and just saying either add people or get over it, which I'm not going to do. Nobody missed the point, if we did you would have said how we missed the point, but you didn't because we completely understood your shit point. 

Welp another great review

sry if this was posted before

>It's a good game... but not a good Halo game

I feel like that's going to be the gist of it a few months down the line.

>It's a good game... but not a good Halo game

I feel like that's going to be the gist of it a few months down the line.

That's been the gist for the past decade of Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

.....so then what is your point? That i should add people right? And I just told you I don't want to, and shouldn't be forced to. Unless I all the sudden am incapable of reading comprehension, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case, I didn't miss your point at all. You are basically excusing the poor system and just saying either add people or get over it, which I'm not going to do. Nobody missed the point, if we did you would have said how we missed the point, but you didn't because we completely understood your shit point. 

So as that Fluffy tool said earlier, people are literally just quitting Orion at the screen when they see it, leaving me stuck in a 2v4 and having to quit out and derank because I'm not gonna sit there and go insane playing a 2v4. There needs to be serious punishment for kids that quit out seemingly as often as they do. People quit an insane amount in this game, and then come on here and act like its all good since the map sucks. Fuck that, nut up and play the shit map. Also, you should never be punished for quitting out if you are the only one left on your team. Just now, map loads, two kids are already gone, 3rd kid quits out before a kill even happens, so I quit because I'm not going to waste my time or the other teams, and I fucking derank after I had just won 3 games in a row. I go down a whole level for my first ever quit while I'm on a win streak. The gameplay is fun to me, but the party restrictions, quitting with not enough punishment, and constantly getting games with kids still on there placement matches is becoming unbearable.

And since I know one of you is going to say it, no, I'm not going to add people from here. I was able to search in H3 perfectly fine and still get competitive matches, and it's not unreasonable to expect it in this game. 

Man it sure is a secret why you don't have any friends.

Welp another great review

sry if this was posted before

Very good review. I agreed with a lot of what he said especially the.... Potential campaign story spoiler?

ESPECIALLY the part about the campaign mode. 343 advertised the living crap out of this "Master Chief going Rogue and Locke setting out to kick his ass/Master Chief is dead" epic type campaign... And it wasn't even CLOSE to that kind of story.. I mean they got in a what? 30 second fist fight? Like.. The ads seriously over-hyped the crap out of this campaign. I was expecting a lot more story wise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Very good review. I agreed with a lot of what he said especially the.... Potential campaign story spoiler?

ESPECIALLY the part about the campaign mode. 343 advertised the living crap out of this "Master Chief going Rogue and Locke setting out to kick his ass/Master Chief is dead" epic type campaign... And it wasn't even CLOSE to that kind of story.. I mean they got in a what? 30 second fist fight? Like.. The ads seriously over-hyped the crap out of this campaign. I was expecting a lot more story wise.

343 has a lot of issues regarding marketing right now 

They LIED too much for my liking

"Twice as long as Halo 4" The game is even Shorter than Halo 4

"15 missions" 3 of the missions cannot be even called a mission 

"6 warzone maps" LMAO

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man it sure is a secret why you don't have any friends.

got plenty of friends, none of them play Halo. You still haven't said how anyone missed your point. 

I've played 8's multiple times with people on here and the MLG forums and if you have a bad game or just aren't as good as them they will shit talk you and more than likely kick you. I'm not trying to put up with that, I just want the games ranking system to work properly, and it's not at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Best way of doing it IMO is having a life bar for each team for each normal/legendary boss.

This gets rid of stealing kills entirely. It would be a system that would prove to be a lot more effective for Warzone.

Perhaps you could explain this more? It sounds kind of arbitrary.

I was thinking that the team that does the most damage to a boss should get credit(or most of the credit) for the kill.

You know with as many different people that continue to complain about searching alone and how bad of a experience it is, you'd think some of you would start adding each other and see if you're ever on at the same time to play with one another.

With all due respect, that's not the point.

A team of 4 lone wolves should never match a team of 3 or 4 in a game that came out in 2015 with all of the resources that a massive corporation like Microsoft put behind it.

Ever.

Especially at a high level of play.

With all due respect, that's not the point.

A team of 4 lone wolves should never match a team of 3 or 4 in a game that came out in 2015 with all of the resources that a massive corporation like Microsoft put behind it.

Ever.

Especially at a high level of play.

yes

Perhaps you could explain this more? It sounds kind of arbitrary.

I was thinking that the time that does the most damage to a boss should get credit(or most of the credit) for the kill.

What i believe He's saying is.

Say a Boss has 100 HP and Blue team Takes it down to 15 hp Before all dying

Red team comes in and have to fight the Boss down from 100HP they take it down to 4HP before dying.

Blue team comes back in, And has to finish off the last 15HP that they left it at, Before Red team can get down the last 4hp that they left it at.

Essentially Two bars, one for either team meaning to the kill your team has to deal 100% of the boss HP before the Enemy team does 100%

• Upvote (+1) 1

We like to keep everything together in singular threads because it makes the "job" of moderating easier - especially if things go batshit crazy and there are a lot of people posting rather than cruising through multiple threads trying to handle each one. I'm not saying moderating is some type of excruciating task but not all the mods are online around the clock so it makes it easier for those who are online. 

As for locking or not locking threads - it comes as we see them. If the first page of GD is flooded with threads that could easily have been posted in another thread and is not different from something already posted, again, we like to condense everything. In the case of the thread you linked that was kept open, I didn't even see it until I went to page 2 so it was just a case of missing it when it was being posted in. If I had seen it, I would have also locked it and asked for everything to be posted in the Halo 5 thread. 

We, the staff, will also discuss if a thread should stay open or be locked, so it's a team decision, not one of us just trying to abuse our power. And it is far from anything personal, so hopefully some people don't take it that way, which it unfortunately looks like some do. 

Thanks for the reply man, just to clarify it wasn't a dig at you or TB I was just curious.

It's tricky to find that balance of what goes in a big thread like this and what deserves its own thread.

For me anything that's as indepth as a thread like that, which obviously took the OP a long time to write up deserves it's own thread as otherwise it will just get swept under the rug due to the amount of people that post in here and not get anywhere near the exposure it deserves.

I don't know if it's something you can discuss with the Team, not just about that thread but about the issue in general.

I'm just gonna put this here...   :kappa:

P.S. Your sig is amazing @ lol

I love that fat guy.  :walshy:

And yeah, I found mah waifu.

Red team comes in and have to fight the Boss down from 100HP they take it down to 4HP before dying.

Blue team comes back in, And has to finish off the last 15HP that they left it at, Before Red team can get down the last 4hp that they left it at.

Essentially Two bars, one for either team meaning to the kill your team has to deal 100% of the boss HP before the Enemy team does 100%

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Go work at 343 right now

There's actually a lot of people on this forum that should be working for 343.

But they probably never will.

Even if these said people off the forum all the sudden got hired, I am sure the community reaction would be....  :wutface: