CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The group I was with (Fizzor, Randa, Unlegit, FierceElite, Chad, and others) matched against 343 in Warzone and lost 1000-980. We were down by over 400 at one point and almost came back. It was quite enjoyable to say the least. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

A little perspective on the kill times.

P4xgIos.png

Normal ping times from you to the server, and from the player your aiming at to the server basically negates the tiny fraction of a second difference in kill times between the pistol and rifles. All of the perfect kill times fall into that latency trap. There's going to be a lot of trading.

In fact the AR is the only weapon outside of that latency "margin of error." You'll have fewer trades with an AR than with any other weapon.

Oh I threw the CE pistol on there for fun. Remember two weeks ago when everyone was comparing the H5 pistol to the CE pistol...

Dafuq? The AR has the fastest kill time???

or a snow version with new forerunner ruins instead of whatever we got in halo 3.

Why snow? I personally love desert maps.

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aiming is an issue for sure. I don't personally have issues with it but I can see the problems for sure. I'm playing on an Asus VE228H 21.5 which has played Fighting games, Blops 3 Beta and MCC really fluidly. This is also on 11ms and is the closest thing I think to the monitor EVO used

• Upvote (+1) 1

People here seem to utterly despise Orion.

Despise is an understatement bro lol.

No but in all seriousness, that map is poorly designed in every shape and form.

Myyyyy goddddddd stopppppp fuckingggg quittttttingg if we're not winning in the first fucking 10 seconds of the game!!!! Jesus fucking christ man.... I'm getting so tired of this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

No.  I play on a nice 23" Samsung monitor.  It plays every other game perfectly.  I also sometimes play on a 32" Samsung TV.  It also handles every other game perfectly fine.  Halo 5 is the problem.

For anyone that is curious to know what we're talking about, do this:  Load up a custom by yourself.  Look at a wall.  Draw circles with your right stick on the wall.  Do not push your stick all the way to the sides.  Draw slow, deliberate circles.  You will see how awful this game's aiming truly is.  It NEEDS to be fixed.  You may not have problems with it, but a lot of people do.  Certainly more than anyone did in CE, 2, Reach, 4, or H2A.

And cue the part where someone tries to tell me I can't handle the lack of aim assist in Halo 5.  You are the guy who doesn't understand the problem, and won't do what I suggest in the above paragraph so that you do understand.  If this sounds like you, don't post.

bro do u even own the game

• Upvote (+1) 9

Myyyyy goddddddd stopppppp fuckingggg quittttttingg if we're not winning in the first fucking 10 seconds of the game!!!! Jesus fucking christ man.... I'm getting so tired of this.

I had a game where I had a mic in and so did some team-mates. We were down 11 - 2 like a minute in and my team mates said "I'm going to quit, counts as a loss anyway" and I said "Come on man, they got a good break off the bat, but we can still win." he was silent for about 5 seconds and then said "Ok, I'll give it another minute."

We ended up winning 50 -39. I thanked him for not quitting and he was really positive about it. So a game that could have been awful with my team quitting and timing out turned into a solid comeback and a positive attitude. People seems to give up all hope when down, I dread to think how they behave in real-world situations when down.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Regret was my favorite map in the beta and I've played it once now.

I've yet to play on Orion and Pegasus.

Have only played truth ctf, never slayer.

I feel like the map selection system may be ********.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regret was my favorite map in the beta and I've played it once now.

I've yet to play on Orion and Pegasus.

Have only played truth ctf, never slayer.

I feel like the map selection system may be ********.

I envy you

• Upvote (+1) 2

The ranking system may be whack for some of you, but I'm loving it. Even as a solo, all 5 of my matches today went down to the wire in either slayer, ctf, or strongholds (in team arena).

I'm having the most fun I've had in any video game since Blops when I had a group of 4 and we played team tactical every day.

I still want a pistol buff, but I am loving this take overall.

I would be ravenously playing this game if the aiming didn't make me question why I insist on drawing breath.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Despise is an understatement bro lol.

No but in all seriousness, that map is poorly designed in every shape and form.

Orion > Plaza

• Downvote (-1) 1

Grace is non-existent with some people you'd think...

Orion is triggering flashbacks of The Cage. God that metallic taste of hate is back.

The ranking system may be whack for some of you, but I'm loving it. Even as a solo, all 5 of my matches today went down to the wire in either slayer, ctf, or strongholds (in team arena).

I'm having the most fun I've had in any video game since Blops when I had a group of 4 and we played team tactical every day.

I still want a pistol buff, but I am loving this take overall.

Must be a great time not getting party's of 4 every game, i seriously would love if there was party restrictions. I am so tired of it it is beyond old at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Grace is non-existent with some people you'd think...

Orion is triggering flashbacks of The Cage. God that metallic taste of hate is back.

"Metallic taste of hate"

dude, that's fucking cool...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be ravenously playing this game if the aiming didn't make me question why I insist on drawing breath.

The aiming in this game makes me question how I've actually managed to get out of bed and dress myself every morning.

At one point today I actually took 9 shots with the pistol to kill someone not looking at me. I don't know why I can't get used to the aiming. Friends I used to constantly out BR in H2/H3 are absolutely shitting on me in customs in H5. I feel like a potato honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Must be a great time not getting party's of 4 every game, i seriously would love if there was party restrictions. I am so tired of it it is beyond old at this point.

I might occasionally match a to4, but I don't even check anymore. My team was actually down 20-4 in slayer on collesium and I almost got off but we came back to win 50-41.

I likely didn't match a to4 after that, but like I said I don't check. I wish some of the randoms I match with used their mics though.