CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

To go on more about how trash the maps are... It took me so long to orient myself on the maps and figure out where the fuck I was. Playing the black ops 3 beta I knew the maps after my first game.

They are most definitely NOT the worst in the franchise! Nothing comes close to vanilla Halo: Reach: the HR DMR has the longest minimum kill time for any main Halo utility weapon, and also the longest AVERAGE kill times due to bloom and sprint.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SHHS SHHSHSHHSHSH

You know we can't talk about that here! Jesus! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played the map Regret 5 times in a row in Slayer?.... Where is the other maps that were included with the game...? Might as well call the playlist Team Slayer Regret.

I can't be the only one that sees this as a contradiction right?

Sure if you don't consider context. As someone said later on, he's saying he has to get sweaty finishing kills because it is so easy to get away so there's a lot of trading. There's no CE-esque punishment for poor play.

Just played the map Regret 5 times in a row in Slayer?.... Where is the other maps that were included with the game...? Might as well call the playlist Team Slayer Regret.

This is how I felt when doing my FFA placement matches, got Orion like 7 times.  :wutface:

That and don't you want competitive games? Does OP really want blowouts every game?

You know what other games have constantly competitive matches? Ones with low skillgap.

Finally got my hands dirty with Halo 5.

Why does it feel like I have slow turn? I assume this is what everyone was upset about.

The aiming felt great in the beta; doesn't feel so great now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm surprised 343 isn't streaming their Warzone thing. Probably would have got a fair amount of viewers.

Judging this game by itself, it's mediocre at best. It kind of just feels like another generic shooter, with features similar to all the rest. The maps are uninspired, AR/ pistol starts are a chore, and the gameplay feels really choppy with sprint, clamber, and thrusters. Judging this game as a Halo title, it doesn't hold a candle to HCE and H2. It's whatever for now, but my involvement with this game is going to drop to almost zero once better games launch in a few weeks. I'll still spectate out of habit more than anything, but I feel like this will end up going the way of Halo 4. Popular for a little while, but all but dead once other games launch. BO3, Battlefront, and Fallout 4 have the potential to kill this game in its crib. Rainbow SIx Siege I suppose could contribute to that as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk, I didn't play multi-player in OG CE, but in MCC CE, no it didn't really have a purpose.

Quick camo and faster double melees. People drop their pistol instead of their AR on most maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk, I didn't play multi-player in OG CE, but in MCC CE, no it didn't really have a purpose.

Showing and killing a cloaked player, using it for the quick camo, double melee, it has uses if you know what you're doing...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've quit out of Orion like 3-4 times in a row. No ban. Thanks 343i. You know what you're doing alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even ignoring the quick camo and melee benefits, it's fine for cleaning up kills up close or even guys damaged by rockets at mid-distance if you pace shots.. If I'm up close to a guy who just got OS I'll switch to it because it melts OS pretty fast too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Quick camo and faster double melees. People drop their pistol instead of their AR on most maps.

Edit: Didn't see previous replies

Showing and killing a cloaked player, using it for the quick camo, double melee, it has uses if you know what you're doing...

Maybe a reason why many have compared CE to H5?

My point wasn't that other Halo's weren't balanced (most weapons weren't), but that H5 has the closest to balance.

Are (some of) you guys with aiming issues playing on a big TV?

I recently switched from a 40 inch to a 23 inch TV and I don't seem to have any issues anymore.

No dude, the aiming is fucked.

Tested on a 24" inch BenQ RL2450H

It's rated as having one of the best response times and input lag for gaming at around 10ms. I believe there's nothing currently under 9ms on the market.

Note: input lag not grey to grey response time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've quit out of Orion like 3-4 times in a row. No ban. Thanks 343i. You know what you're doing alright.

Stop ruining the game for other people.

• Upvote (+1) 9