CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watch his review.

Could you be a great guy and post some bullet points of why he is against it?

I'd be curious about the population as well, but how will we know? There's no population counter and I doubt that's something 343 will ever share. Will that be based on how quickly you get games? Just curious how that will be gauged?

By checking the most played Xbox one games I'd imagine. I dont think there's a way to get exact numbers.

I liked this part of the review

[quote name=AngryJoe" post="0" timestamp="0"

Behave yourself Halo fansboys, realize that I critique the game because I love the game. I want it to be better and if you sit there and suck the games (beep) all day long and fondle its balls, then there gonna give you the same shit over and over if you don’t sayYou can be a fan of the series and still critique it, I said it in the past but if you really love something and you can't be honest with it then why bother?

It was a touching moment, instantly thought of you when he said it lol

I want to make something clear at @@xSociety

I truly don't think the REQ system is something you NEED to pay money for. I have been enjoying the shit out of it without spending $300 dollars like that one guy.

I just don't see the complaints for it. It's an optional thing, you don't NEED to pay for it, but if you do, you support the HCS and free maps.

Sure, other developers have don't it before, but not Halo, so getting free maps for the first time is nice. 

EDIT:

Guys you can get a gauge on how well the game is doing in a month by checking most played XBL games. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The two biggest problems right now are the AR vs Pistol balance, and the aiming.

"But the AR does what it is intended to do."

For real though, if they fix the aiming I could enjoy this game so much more. 

When really bad players start to get Onyx and Champion, we'll know how low the population is.  

These division systems you see in games now actually have the opposite effect, due to the flood of casuals

Someone who is good at a game is plain more likely to keep playing it

You could pretty clearly see this effect over SC2's lifespan, many accounts that got diamond for ladder season 1 could not hold that up as the game got older

League has to keep adding divisions because the top tier is too compressed, first they added Challenger then they added Master on top of that recently

I truly don't think the REQ system is something you NEED to pay money for. I have been enjoying the shit out of it without spending $300 dollars like that one guy.

I just don't see the complaints for it. It's an optional thing, you don't NEED to pay for it, but if you do, you support the HCS and free maps.

Sure, other developers have don't it before, but not Halo, so getting free maps for the first time is nice.

EDIT:

Guys you can get a gauge on how well the game is doing in a month by checking most played XBL games.

This. I opened up ab 8 or so silvers with no money spent just last night lol.

I'd also like to point out how many other AAA titles are actually only $60 for the full game? Destiny required countless dlc expansions, battlefront that's coming out is $60 with no campaign and the dlc pass is another 50 I think. Games are secretly more money now, they just give the rest of the content on a buy to play the rest model. I'd prefer games to go the route of halo 5 personally. People like me that have a good job and can throw some extra cash around for some packs (I'd rather buy skins only though hint hint 343) can help lower the cost for poor college kids. There's people that have even more disposable income than I that would and have dropped big numbers on halo 5. There's absolutely nothing wrong with developers giving people THE OPTION to spend real money to show support for their game in exchange for additional map packs and other items along the way as long as it doesn't give people an innate advantage in game. If Halo 5 was going to charge for dlc I'd have a different take on this altogether.

"But the AR does what it is intended to do."

For real though, if they fix the aiming I could enjoy this game so much more. 

Like, I'm getting used to the aiming, but it's still not GOOD.

And I'm finding in FFA if I find someone in a shorter battle range, if I get a perfect kill, I'm no shields. If I don't perfect, I die, unless the player windmills his AR.

That's sort of the problem right now. The risk/eward of the pistol vs AR is way out of what in typical battle ranges. The effect is exacerbated by the maps.

I'd be curious about the population as well, but how will we know? There's no population counter and I doubt that's something 343 will ever share. Will that be based on how quickly you get games? Just curious how that will be gauged?

I believe by the top played games list in the store. Seems to rank them in order

I edited it before I even read your post. I might have edited before you even responded man. 

Don't know what your deal is. Does it bother you that much I like Halo 5? I don't agree with everything he said. I agree with a large majority of it, and I'm glad it's out there. I hope 343i takes the feedback seriously because we got some real potential on our hands, but 6/10? I respectfully disagree.

Honestly, I am bitter after yesterday, especially since I felt like I brought up strong points against those who support the AR and my posts were nearly 100% ignored by those who I was arguing with. @@NavG123 has a great write up that was ignored by them as well. They got repped, but the strong supporters of the AR are putting up a weak argument and it's getting tiring whenever they duck and dive around rebuttals while responding to weaker points against their argument. This on top of "I'm fully open to a gametype with little-to-no shields and one-hit grenade/melee in a competitive Halo tournament." is putting me on the edge. I've always been involved with this community because it always fought for Halo to be as competitive as possible, but it seems like more and more people are just getting tired of fighting against 343 and are more willing to put up with their decisions. That isn't a good thing.

I'm not targeting you or anything, man. I don't do that and I always keep a cool head in this forum, but that's becoming more challenging with the quality of debates that are going on here recently. And I guess your post stick out to me a little more because you did agitate me with your "Have you even played the game yet?" spree you had for two weeks and you're quick to dismiss an opinion that doesn't support yours for various silly reasons rather than explaining why they're wrong. I do think you're a good contributor to the site and I wouldn't respond to you if I thought otherwise. There are plenty of people here I ignore because it's obvious that they have no idea what they're talking about.

This post kind of turned into a rant about beyond as of late, but I guess that's why my post was more snark than it should have been.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Watch his review. 

or

You could just tell me since im at work and can't watch a fat guy yell about video games.

EDIT:

That is the exact attitude that lead us to the games with terrible microtransactions in games we have today. Mobile game microtransactions at first were not "required" and no one complained, now look what we have. Also, that "support HCS and free maps" is 100% marketing. They would be doing free maps regardless of REQ packs because they know how beneficial free maps are to their sustain plan. 

Edit: Almost forgot, let's just wait and see about these free maps, we don't even know how many will be forge maps and how many will be remakes/remastered. 

Honestly, I am bitter after yesterday, especially since I felt like I brought up strong points against those who support the AR and my posts were nearly 100% ignored by those who I was arguing with. @@NavG123 has a great write up that was ignored by them as well. They got repped, but the strong supporters of the AR are putting up a weak argument and it's getting tiring whenever they duck and dive around rebuttals while responding to weaker points against their argument. This on top of "I'm fully open to a gametype with little-to-no shields and one-hit grenade/melee in a competitive Halo tournament." is putting me on the edge. I've always been involved with this community because it always fought for Halo to be as competitive as possible, but it seems like more and more people are just getting tired of fighting against 343 and are more willing to put up with their decisions. That isn't a good thing.

I'm not targeting you or anything, man. I don't do that and I always keep a cool head in this forum, but that's becoming more challenging with the quality of debates that are going on here recently. And I guess your post stick out to me a little more because you did agitate me with your "Have you even played the game yet?" spree you had for two weeks and you're quick to dismiss an opinion that doesn't support yours for various silly reasons rather than explaining why they're wrong. I do think you're a good contributor to the site and I wouldn't respond to you if I thought otherwise. There are plenty of people here I ignore because it's obvious that they have no idea what they're talking about.

This post kind of turned into a rant about beyond as of late, but I guess that's why my post was a little more snark than it should have been.

I'll admit now my "have you played the game yet" spree was me being a stubborn ass. Like you, I get a little fed up with some of the arguments here and it's hard to keep my cool. I don't blame you for calling me out on that. In fact I'm glad you did, I've learned a good lesson. 

On topic, I don't think it's so much the fact that we're just letting 343 do their thing. I think it's mainly that we're just having a lot of fun and we don't see it as an issue that is breaking the game, or an issue AS BIG as some of you are making it seem.

Most of us believe this is an entirely new beast with an entirely new meta. It's something that will take at least a month to master everything. I think if a lot of you see that as a new game, with a new skillgap and meta, it'll go a long way to reaching a common ground with making weapon changes.

Despite that, I DO think the AR could def. be nerfed, for sure, but I don't think it's game breaking. It's a tad TOO strong on it's own, but I don't think it's role should be designated to "clean up weapon".

Like I said before, I don't think this game is perfect, at all, in fact, it has quite a bit of issues that irk me. it's close, and I hope they make good changes, but we just have to keep on posting and keep on providing valuable feedback. Nevertheless, don't get discouraged. I think good posts tend to get ignored more often because people just don't have the patience to argue most of the time. Keep doing your thing.

That is the exact attitude that lead us to the games with terrible microtransactions in games we have today. Mobile game microtransactions at first were not "required" and no one complained, now look what we have. Also, that "support HCS and free maps" is 100% marketing. They would be doing free maps regardless of REQ packs because they know how beneficial free maps are to their sustain plan. 

Edit: Almost forgot, let's just wait and see about these free maps, we don't even know how many will be forge maps and how many will be remakes/remastered. 

That's fine and all man, but I just don't see these as the same "terrible" microtransactions that we see in so many other games.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Its an evolving market. The second that a game requires you to pay additional money to get the full game is the second... Oh wait that's DLC...

I'm having fun with Halo 5, but doubt I'll be playing it in a month from now.

This is my main concern, I played it a lot in the first 4 days but now I don't find myself missing the game that much and I will only play it if I have 3 others to run Slayer or Arena(or Coop).

That's fine and all man, but I just don't see these as the same "terrible" microtransactions that we see in so many other games.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

No, the whole point is not that the system in Halo 5 now is terrible. It's that it's a slippery slope and if not met with complaints, will lead us to having microtransactions that effect Arena in Halo 6. The REQ system in Halo 5 is obviously in here to test the waters and see how Halo fans react to microtransactions. 

inb4 Regular business practices = tin foil hat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, the whole point is not that the system in Halo 5 now is terrible. It's that it's a slippery slope and if not met with complaints, will lead us to having microtransactions that effect Arena in Halo 6. The REQ system in Halo 5 is obviously in here to test the waters and see how Halo fans react to microtransactions. 

inb4 Regular business practices = tin foil hat. 

Like I said, you go the pessimist route, I'll go with a different one, leave it at that.

343 shared it here during H4-->  http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10782/article/halo-4-stats-released-by-343-industries-over-4-million-people-played-halo-4-in-the-first-5-days/ 

:unsure: Still waiting on that and the sales figures.

Awesome review by Angry Joe, must watch.

Current generation of new young gamers have sheep like qualities. They play the latest game just because it's new, not because it's good. Just go look at the twitch streams.

The top stream in MCC has 10 viewers right now.

The top stream in halo 5 has 1500+ viewers.

2 weeks ago the top stream in halo MCC had 1000+

The same thing happened with h4.

Just because a game is new doesn't make it good. MCC declined because of the # of bugs, which is ironic because they outsourced that game for development to make halo 5, which will have a shorter life than MCC.

In a year from now 99% of waypoint will say halo 4 was the last real halo game.

We have always been sheep. H2 was xbox live. H3 as well (to a lesser degree). Those games were dog dick compared to H1. But the herd still flocked to H2/3 (myself included). There are just more choices now a days.

What kind of moron would spend money on req packs? Honestly? It's essentially an idiot tax.

Supercell, the company responsible for Clash of Clans, Hay Day, and Boom Beach generated $1.7 Billion dollars in 2014. Don't underestimate people buying stupid shit.