CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I also don't think 6/10 is a "good review".

He brings up great points and it can only help the franchise improve and grow for next time but, it's certainly not a 60 lmao.

A lot of people judge reviews by how much the reviewer goes in-depth when talking about the game instead of the number they assign it with at the end. He went into detail on why he supports his stances on the game, which you don't see much in game reviews. Agree with it or not, it's a good review.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A lot of people judge reviews by how much the reviewer goes in-depth when talking about the game instead of the number they assign it with at the end. It was a good review because he went into detail on why he supports his stances on the game. Agree with it or not, it's a good review.

Also a 6 for him is more like a 7.5 to 8 to other people

A lot of people judge reviews by how much the reviewer goes in-depth when talking about the game instead of the number they assign it with at the end. It was a good review because he went into detail on why he supports his stances on the game. Agree with it or not, it's a good review.

"He brings up great points and it can only help the franchise improve and grow for next time but, it's certainly not a 60. 8/10 is appropriate because at the end of the day, I haven't had this feeling with a game/Halo since 2."

Guess you missed that. My opinion though, don't think 6/10 is a fair score, but yeah it's a "good review" in that regard. Just not with the score. Don't think 6/10 is a "good review", aka, "good score".

But if you want to go on another rant about semantics be my guest :) Seems you just loooovee talking to me.

"He brings up great points and it can only help the franchise improve and grow for next time but, it's certainly not a 60. 8/10 is appropriate because at the end of the day, I haven't had this feeling with a game/Halo since 2."

Guess you missed that. My opinion though, don't think 6/10 is a fair score, but yeah it's a "good review" in that regard. Just not with the score. Don't think 6/10 is a "good review", aka, "good score".

But if you want to go on another rant about semantics be my guest :) Seems you just loooovee talking to me.

Well if you're going to keep on editing your post every minute or say "What I actually meant", I guess you'll always be right.

Well if you're going to keep on changing and editing your post every minute or so, I guess you'll always be right.

I edited it before I even read your post. I might have edited before you even responded man. 

Don't know what your deal is. Does it bother you that much I like Halo 5? I don't agree with everything he said but I agree with a large majority of it, and I'm glad it's out there. I hope 343i takes the feedback seriously because we got some real potential on our hands, but 6/10? I respectfully disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Angry Joe was spot on with everything he said in his review. So many people, even in here, are defending 343i and REQ packs just like he said people would. 

So the game's been out for a week. Has anyone tried playing no sprint lobbies yet?

Don't think so

Angry Joe was spot on with everything he said in his review. So many people, even in here, are defending 343i and REQ packs just like he said people would. 

So Angry Joe is the voice of God? What he says goes? ANYBODY who defends it is a shill?

It funds the HCS and free maps. It's a fun little thing to work towards. You don't HAVE to spend real money, ever.

I like it.

Haters gon' hate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trades are terrible, and should be eliminated as much as possible.

In the original Halo 2 on Xbox, I don't remember ever getting a trade in shooting or melee. It was whoever hit their button first. Ever since then, it's been downhill. The Halo 3 melee system was unplayable garbage on launch and then upgraded to just garbage with the patch. It was possible to trade in a shootout on H3, but it was a rare occasion. Then Halo Reach comes out and there were trades all the time with shooting, many times where the guy is shooting a shot as his dead body is falling to the ground. I've always hated when I clearly hit my button first to shoot or melee, yet I have to accept it as a trade instead of a win. Why can't we just go back to the Halo 2 days where the player who hits their button first win, especially since we are all on dedicated servers now?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reviews dont mean anything for a primarily multiplayer game. Most reviews simply tack on a little bit at the end of thier reviews that either say it works, or doesnt and thats about it.

Why would anyone be against the req system?

Reviews dont mean anything for a primarily multiplayer game. Most reviews simply tack on a little bit at the end of thier reviews that either say it works, or doesnt and thats about it.

The absolute REAL test for Halo 5 is population retention.

I'm incredibly curious to see where this game is gonna be in a month. 

A lot of people judge reviews by how much the reviewer goes in-depth when talking about the game instead of the number they assign it with at the end. He went into detail on why he supports his stances on the game, which you don't see much in game reviews. Agree with it or not, it's a good review.

I think this easily the most apparent in his destiny review, I like destiny, but everything he said about it was completely true

Watch his review.

I'm on mobile. Is there a tldr?

If req packs gave you starting weapons in arena I'd be against them. Idk why anyone would be against them unless they like working towards challenges to unlock the items, which in that case I can understand.

The AngryJoe review is amazing. Normally not a fan of him, but he's spot on in that video.

Especially the campaign review. Jeez what a lost opportunity there. After the trailers and other loremasterstuff I was really hyped. M$ sure did their job right before launch.

So Angry Joe is the voice of God? What he says goes? ANYBODY who defends it is a shill?

It funds the HCS and free maps. It's a fun little thing to work towards. You don't HAVE to spend real money, ever.

I like it.

Haters gon' hate. 

Developers have been putting out free maps and funding tournaments long before microtransactions. You're telling me MS couldn't do any of that without the new REQ system? Please. 

Don't raise our concerns now, and wait to see what happens to Halo 6 & 7.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I liked this part of the review

Behave yourself Halo fansboys, realize that I critique the game because I love the game. I want it to be better and if you sit there and suck the games (beep) all day long and fondle its balls, then there gonna give you the same shit over and over - AngryJoe

You can be a fan of the series and still critique it, I said it in the past but if you really love something and you can't be honest with it then why bother?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For anyone wondering, this is what you have to go through to make a montage now:

1. Player has to live cap the clips since theater messes up the way the shots look.

2. They then have to send you the clips (typically several GBs for an average number of clips) via mega or otherwise.

3. To get angles for Warzone you literally have to play Warzone until you get the right map as the right team, stage the angle in game, and then capture the angles after in theater.

Previously the player just put the clip on their File Share.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be curious about the population as well, but how will we know? There's no population counter and I doubt that's something 343 will ever share. Will that be based on how quickly you get games? Just curious how that will be gauged? 

I'm having fun with Halo 5, but doubt I'll be playing it in a month from now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be curious about the population as well, but how will we know? There's no population counter and I doubt that's something 343 will ever share. Will that be based on how quickly you get games? Just curious how that will be gauged? 

When really bad players start to get Onyx and Champion, we'll know how low the population is.