CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Let's be honest here, we're never going to see that pro gameplay.

Well, if not that, then at least we have that really cool feature-rich spectator mode to look forward to.

:kappa:

No matter how great you are with the pistol you are never at an advantage and that is the problem. You are not rewarded at all for using the most difficult precision weapon in the game. How is that balanced? Why should the DMR (a literal upgrade from the pistol with a lot more RRR and a large scope) and the BR (insanely easy to use, more RRR and can sweep shoot) kill in the same time as your primary weapon? What balance are you speaking of? Just because weapons kill in the same time doesn't mean they are balanced. Not in the slightest man the pistol is just too weak.

Don't believe so? Play arena/Warzone and only use the pistol against other rifle users. Enjoy the neg bombs.

You're not in an advantage with the br or dmr either though (except at long range, maybeb. So what's your point? How the hell is the pistol too weak, you're not making sense.

It'd just be smart to make the pistol 4SK and the BR 3SK to make things more balanced and to make the pistol a true utility weapon. This isn't because of a lack of aim. My shots land. The TTKs are just way too close to eachother.

The worst thing is, is that everyone I've gone against is crouching and zooming with their AR's now that people have said it's more accurate that way. The funny thing is that I usually get 4 shots into them with the pistol and getting killed right before my 5th shot lands or even fires.

This is against an AR user, just to be clear.

A 3SK BR would be an absolute monster, there's no way that would be balanced. I'm pretty confident a 4SK pistol would hurt h5's sandbox a lot, no matter what you tried to do to counter it.

The AR could probably be a touch weaker, and doesnt need the ADS spread reduction, but I feel like youre exaggerating here. Most people not AR sniping, and if they do you they get descoped when you hit them. Should be a pretty winnable fight.

I think the game is in a really balanced state right now. It has the highest reversal potential since H2C or even CE, and like most post CE halos, a lot of the skill comes down to evading death and using your teammates. I don't think people should seriously be advocating for a 4SK pistol--that seems unrealistic and even if it happened, it'd probably more things than it helps. Obviously the damage all over the place is higher in Breakout, but the pistol itself is a 3SK--do you think that that makes the game better? For me it feels like the loss of the ability to escape a fight makes the battles much more straight forward and gives skilled players way fewer viable tools to work with.

The best thing they could change is to nerf the damage that shots to the body do. The pistol currently takes 3 body shots to kill a shieldless opponent. This is quick enough that you can often get away with missing your headshot in an advantaged situation and just spam the guys chest. If they changed it to 4 body shots, headshots would be more necessary, reversals would happen more often, and smart players would have a better chance to escape an ambush. Also if body shots did slightly less damage, that would probably implicitly nerf the AR/SMG a bit too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be honest I did better using just the AR than I do just using the pistol, even when all my shots land. I always get outclassed by ARs. When I pick up a BR though, different story, not only because of it's increased magnetism, but because it's a 4SK, which the pistol should be. It's way too easy to get a kill with the AR and not fun at all. I don't want to use the AR but almost feel like I need to in most situations. If I wanted to play a game like this, I would honestly just go play COD since the series revolves around that kind of mechanic.

It'd just be smart to make the pistol 4SK and the BR 3SK to make things more balanced and to make the pistol a true utility weapon. This isn't because of a lack of aim. My shots land. The TTKs are just way too close to eachother.

The worst thing is, is that everyone I've gone against is crouching and zooming with their AR's now that people have said it's more accurate that way. The funny thing is that I usually get 4 shots into them with the pistol and getting killed right before my 5th shot lands or even fires.

This is against an AR user, just to be clear.

3sk br would be terrible. Its already easy and you just want to make it easier.

I agree with 4sk magnum completely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i feel for you guys that cant enjoy the game. i honestly love the game as it is out of the box and havent felt that way toward a halo for a very long time. I do hope that 343 allow this game to evolve based on community feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well if you were to make the pistol 4SK, then why would you even need the BR? Same shots to kill and the BR does fire a tad slower than the Pistol. So if not 3SK, then the best course of action would just get rid of it completely. However, that isn't going to happen.

This is why, I feel, a lot of people want BR starts instead. The weapon is too easy though so I'm against it rather than buffing the pistol, but that's another discussion entirely.

The pistol definitely needs a buff, though, so glad you agree there at least.

A 3SK BR would be an absolute monster, there's no way that would be balanced. I'm pretty confident a 4SK pistol would hurt h5's sandbox a lot, no matter what you tried to do to counter it.

The AR could probably be a touch weaker, and doesnt need the ADS spread reduction, but I feel like youre exaggerating here. Most people not AR sniping, and if they do you they get descoped when you hit them. Should be a pretty winnable fight.

I think the game is in a really balanced state right now. It has the highest reversal potential since H2C or even CE, and like most post CE halos, a lot of the skill comes down to evading death and using your teammates. I don't think people should seriously be advocating for a 4SK pistol--that seems unrealistic and even if it happened, it'd probably more things than it helps. Obviously the damage all over the place is higher in Breakout, but the pistol itself is a 3SK--do you think that that makes the game better? For me it feels like the loss of the ability to escape a fight makes the battles much more straight forward and gives skilled players way fewer viable tools to work with.

The best thing they could change is to nerf the damage that shots to the body do. The pistol currently takes 3 body shots to kill a shieldless opponent. This is quick enough that you can often get away with missing your headshot in an advantaged situation and just spam the guys chest. If they changed it to 4 body shots, headshots would be more necessary, reversals would happen more often, and smart players would have a better chance to escape an ambush. Also if body shots did slightly less damage, that would probably implicitly nerf the AR/SMG a bit too.

Wouldn't nerfing the AR be kind of counter-productive? Nerf the AR and keep the pistol the same, buff the pistol and keep the AR the same, is there really a difference? Or, even better, why not both?

However, comparing Breakout to the main game is comparing apples and oranges, so I wouldn't take the Pistol's 3SK seriously when it comes to Breakout, but that's just me.

I'd type more in response to this, but I'll do it later. I have somewhere I need to be for an hour or so.

Take a look at this guys link below, FFA with BR starts on Truth. Guy wasn't even aiming at their head and getting hitmarkers/headshots. It looks as if, you can just shoot in their general direction and get hit markers. If you slow down around 4:05 and watch their battle the reticule is clearly to the left of the player and it's giving him hitmarkers while he's missing. Does anyone know if the pistol acts this way as well? I'm trying to figure out how I miss so much with controversy around the aiming ystem. I try strafing and other evasion techniques but I seem to get killed pretty easily still and watching this video pretty much sums it up.

It seems like shots count as a hit if the enemy is anywhere inside the big gray circle but only counts as a headshot if the enemy's head is in the small circle

Well technically if there's no skill in aiming whatsoever beyond lining up the initial shot, then it doesn't make it easier or harder at all, does it?

Well if you were to make the pistol 4SK, then why would you even need the BR? Same shots to kill and the BR does fire a tad slower than the Pistol. So if not 3SK, then the best course of action would just get rid of it completely. However, that isn't going to happen.

The pistol definitely needs a buff, though, so glad you agree there at least.

Br serves a point because it is still easier to use, and has a longer scope and rrr. But if you're good with the magnum you are worse off if we only buff the magnum.

For now, the difference is so little that trading for a br is ok because of the ease of use and longer range. Making br 3sk doesn't change the issue if it is br vs magnum.

In reality we don't need a br but there would just be too many complaints from casual fans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're not in an advantage with the br or dmr either though (except at long range, maybeb. So what's your point? How the hell is the pistol too weak, you're not making sense.

I'm generally confused by some people in these forums lol. They want it to be more arena fps-like but a traditional arena is fast movespeed with fairly bad starting weapons. You move fast to compensate and get health and armor pickups on the map along with other, better weapons which can include viable automatic weapons.

Yet they also want the opposite of an arena fps by making a CE-esque starting weapon so weapon pickups on the map are nerfed by comparison and no automatics should be usable outside of back smack range.

Halo 5 is the closest to an arena shooter we've gotten out of the series. Halo CE reversed the arena model by giving players a starting weapon that outclassed almost every other weapon in the game. It works really well for CE but the halos afterwards have been increasingly worse. Halo 5 is a step in the right direction. It still needs balancing tweaks but goddamn the game's been out less than a week lol. Even a game updated as frequently as LoL only gets one every 2-3 weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The reason you're getting killed by an AR is not your fault and has nothing to do with your poor aiming, unless you actually do mean you're not a good shot in Halo.

The reason is because of the unbalanced weapons sandbox. The AR should never be more powerful than the Pistol or even the BR. In a lot of cases, the AR is, and that's what's wrong.

I don't think you know what balance means.

Good review.

there's really only two things annoyed me in this review, when he said there were no new enemies(and then went on to bring up an old enemy), and that this game is the closest to cod halo has ever been, he clearly has not played halo 4.

Other than that, I just had a few minor disagreements with his points on the story, so it was a good review.

Anybody who says Halo 5 plays anything like CoD gets instantly dismissed by me.

Stubborn, sure, but it doesn't PLAY anything like it.

I also don't think 6/10 is a "good review".

He brings up great points and it can only help the franchise improve and grow for next time but, it's certainly not a 60. 8/10 is appropriate because at the end of the day, I haven't had this feeling with a game/Halo since 2.

I want to skip workouts, not sleep, and just play all day. Of course I won't, but still, it's  nice to feel this way about Halo again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1