CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just nudging the pistol to a 4sk feels like it would solve most of the issues with the AR, BR, and DMR being so much easier for a fairly relative optimal outcome.

faster killtimes would fix a lot of the problems abilities like thrust and sprint cause, I mean we rag on breakout but abilities are nowhere near a problem in that playlist.

Am I playing a patched version of Halo 5 here? Literally everything you guys have issues with I'm not seeing. I really would like to discuss these things but in total honesty, I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I still think the game is fantastic. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You were right, and it's so sad because after 3, Halo had nowhere to go but up. It was the flagship MLG title, it was the most popular game on XBL period (As you pointed out), sponsorships were rolling in, and then...Reach happened  :salt:

If Reach was zero bloom, how do you think things would have been? Even with all the whacky shit.

You were right, and it's so sad because after 3, Halo had nowhere to go but up. It was the flagship MLG title, it was the most popular game on XBL period (As you pointed out), sponsorships were rolling in, and then...Reach happened  :salt:

Then Halo 4 and Then MCC 

It feels like the Universe literally wanted Halo to die 

If Reach was zero bloom, how do you think things would have been? Even with all the whacky shit.

Loads better, but AAs were still broken shit balls

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's just plain bullshit

There are 18 (edit: 20 now) different people posting in this thread just on the last two pages alone

Even if you assume half of them are in my situation where they don't have the game because they plain can't afford an xbone right now, that's still at least 1 custom you could get going

With 234 people logged in right now (and this is a low traffic time of day) if you really honestly truly can't get a custom going then there's just something wrong with this community

Your reasoning of Halo still being the active community that it was from '04-'09 is the activity in this forum...alright? It's too early in the morning for me to be involved in a discussion with that reasoning. Keep holing onto Teambeyond.net statistics to judge Halo's level of community interaction though.

nobody got time to be organizing custom games... especially those of us working 40+ hours a week, families, etc. sure back in college days it was easy with halo 2, but today, i shouldnt and nor should anyone else, be forced to play custom games to get competitive enjoyment from any fps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is there like a behind the scenes skill based matching for warzone, or is it just random?

I believe it's random, although there was belief before launch that it took what cards you had into consideration.

Warzone really isn't a skill based mode in my opinion, so I don't see why it would.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there like a behind the scenes skill based matching for warzone, or is it just random?

Supposedly Warzone matchmaking takes everyone's available REQ cards into equation (try to match people with similiar level cards), but with how lopsided a lot of these games can be, I'm honestly not sure

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistol - 1.26
AR - 1.13
BR - 1.33
1.28 DMR

These are the killtimes that were found by D0ju. BR kills slower by a fraction of a second, while the AR actually has A FASTER perfect kill time than the "skilful utility weapon".

Anyone with logical sense can see that the Magnum needs a buff. Trades are terrible, and should be eliminated as much as possible.

Everybody freaking out about the AR having a faster TTK than the pistol surely are forgetting that it's basically impossible to obtain a perfect kill with an AR with Bloom, Recoil and low aim assist, while it's very common for a skilled player to obtain a perfect kill with a magnum.

That being said, I'd prefer to start without an AR, it serves no purpose other than being incredibly annoying for magnum users.

Everybody freaking out about the AR having a faster TTK than the pistol surely are forgetting that it's basically impossible to obtain a perfect kill with an AR with Bloom, Recoil and low aim assist, while it's very common for a skilled player to obtain a perfect kill with a magnum.

That being said, I'd prefer to start without an AR, it serves no purpose other than being incredibly annoying for magnum users.

Except all you need to do is crouch and all of the above (bloom, recoil, etc) doesn't even matter, even more so with zoom.

https://twitter.com/esn_Risky/status/661134822916677632

Loads better, but AAs were still broken shit balls

But Hologram was still pretty awesome for shits and giggles. I just can't help but wonder what Reach could have been in the competitive scene with great launch maps and zb. 

^ that is incredibly close range and misleading. At longer ranges than 2 feet it is obvious that the smartscope advantage is wayyyy better than the crouching advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can any of you provide me some clips where you get wrecked by an AR guy more than once in a game where you think he absolutely doesnt deserves it? I play Arena and Team Slayer on Onyx level and have not raged about an OP AR once. I can only imagine it being a disaster in FFA though.

I was against the AR from the beginning and hated it in the beta. But now I really dont seem to get killed by it often. Only in CQC where I use it myself often.

I went ahead and checked my stats:

Around 1100 kills with Pistol/BR

Around 180 kills with the AR (and I use the AR way more than my teammates for example)

Then I went even further and checked the stats of our FFA champ @@Vetoed

Around 1900 kills with Pistol/BR

Around 200 kills with AR

Is that really to much for the weapon I start with and have in my hand when I spawn?

• Upvote (+1) 2

^ that is incredibly close range and misleading. At longer ranges than 2 feet it is obvious that the smartscope advantage is wayyyy better than the crouching advantage.

Close range or not, most engagements happen within 2 feet of each other with how small the maps are and everything. Also took a video. Even at a longer range, it's easy to kill someone with the AR, more so than using the Pistol/BR, and since they have similar TTKs, it doesn't matter. AR would still be more viable when it shouldn't.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TranzTeK/video/12513810

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had an idea how to deal with players who are AFK. If there is no controller input after 1 minute, after they die, leave them in the respawn window until they press "x" to respawn. Your team will be down 3v4, but at least you won't be at the disadvantage of the other team having easy kills from the AFK player. Then if the other player comes back, they can quickly jump back in by pressing "X".

And if they are AFK the whole match, it is considered a "quit" for that player, and they are penalized.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can any of you provide me some clips where you get wrecked by an AR guy more than once in a game where you think he absolutely doesnt deserves it? I play Arena and Team Slayer on Onyx level and have not raged about an OP AR once. I can only imagine it being a disaster in FFA though.

I was against the AR from the beginning and hated it in the beta. But now I really dont seem to get killed by it often. Only in CQC where I use it myself often.

I went ahead and checked my stats:

Around 1100 kills with Pistol/BR

Around 180 kills with the AR (and I use the AR way more than my teammates for example)

Then I went even further and chekced the stats of our FFA champ @@Vetoed

Around 1900 kills with Pistol/BR

Around 200 kills with AR

Is that really to much for the weapon I start with and have in my hand when I spawn?

Not that I don't agree with the stat breakdown but that doesn't include a super common kill (more common than with a pistol or rifle) that comes from the AR. The ones where you beatdown after a couple of bullets.

I do feel like people are shying away from the actual problem it presents though. Where swapping to a talentless weapon yields better and more consistent results when you know you have first shot or its going to be CQC. Radar is definitely often a piece of this problem as well. If you guys think it should be that way then that's cool but I feel like gun skill with a pistol in this game is actually shown off and rewarded more at both extremes rather than mid range in this game. The AR kinda screws that up a bit on some maps.

Id love to know why they think the ar needs thay much range...is it for accessibility reasons or what?

To give it that COD feel if you ask me. Got a double kill with it recently from decent range and it gave me that kind of unsatisfying feeling. My guess is they're trying to appeal to that audience in yet another way.

but in all seriousness you don't actually think ce had a balanced sandbox, do you? It was pistol and plasma rifle and that's it.

How have you not been negged into oblivion for saying such nonsense?

• Upvote (+1) 2

How have you not been negged into oblivion for saying such nonsense?

I thought about replying to it but I decided it wasn't even worth it. I laughed a bit tbh

• Upvote (+1) 2