CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anybody else having issues with getting headshots in this game? I feel as if especially in breakout. I run to the DMR and will shoot someone clearly in the face across the map and it takes a good 2-3 shots. It might contributed to the aim bug that everone is mentioning. In regular arena, I feel as if I'm aiming at their head and they just eat the shot then I get killed because they spam the pistol especially when I have a BR.

I get this in breakout all the time and it's only more infurating when you add the fact that you can't tell if someone is no shields i.e one head shot from death. You can't even really tell if you are getting head shots or not if the game is hectic enough because shields aren't popping.

Crouch and use smart-link/zoom and you don't even have to pace your shots. I'm serious, crouching and zooming increases the accuracy quite a bit, which is ridiculous.

#ARforutility? :kappa:

I really don't see 343 increasing the damage for the pistol. They'd have to rebalance all the weapons IMO, and admit they were completely wrong after all their years of testing.

I really don't see 343 increasing the damage for the pistol. They'd have to rebalance all the weapons IMO, and admit they were completely wrong after all their years of testing.

Id love to know why they think the ar needs thay much range...is it for accessibility reasons or what?

does the AR actually have a headshot multiplier?

Yep. Now I know what you're thinking. "A headshot bonus for an automatic weapon?! That's horrible!" It actually isn't. Since 343 had it in the Halo 5 beta and people wanted the AR headshot bonus to be omitted, they only reduced the AR headshot bonus, meaning 343 listens. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

They wouldn't have to rebalance the entire sandbox because of making the pistol a 4SK rather than 5SK. All they'd have to do is buff the BR and DMR in accordance to the pistol, since it's a pick-up and we'd be fine.

Id love to know why they think the ar needs thay much range...is it for accessibility reasons or what?

Because kids need to feel good about getting kills and most of them can't aim worth a damn, so why not just let the spray and pray weapon be viable in every situation? :kappa:

Waypoint users claim the game is too much like COD because of Sprint, Thruster, and the new ADS/Zoom, when in reality it's because the automatic weapons dominate the precision weapons. A game that's been revolved around skill since the beginning shouldn't be this easy.

I have a feeling that once Black Ops 3 comes out and most of the kids who prefer that kind of gameplay flock over to it, that we'll be seeing a lot more complaints about the imbalance of the weapons sandbox and will be enough of a hot topic for 343 to actually change it or at least consider it, but I'm holding high hopes for that one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistol - 1.26
AR - 1.13
BR - 1.33
1.28 DMR

These are the killtimes that were found by D0ju. BR kills slower by a fraction of a second, while the AR actually has A FASTER perfect kill time than the "skilful utility weapon".

Anyone with logical sense can see that the Magnum needs a buff. Trades are terrible, and should be eliminated as much as possible.

H o l y s h i t

Is there some reason you guys aren't just playing customs with shields on 60% or whatever you need to get the magnum to 3sk yet?

Why are you complaining about the AR at all?

• Downvote (-1) 4

Is there some reason you guys aren't just playing customs with shields on 60% or whatever you need to get the magnum to 3sk yet?

"Why don't you just get 7 of your friends online at the same time playing the same game if you want to enjoy it so much? It's so simple."

• Upvote (+1) 5

aha ha ha 

Because we want to play Halo and not a generic shooter where you just spray and get kills. The AR is way too powerful in comparison to other weapons that aren't power weapons.

We shouldn't be forced to play customs to play a proper Halo game.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 5 is definitely a step in the right direction in comparison to Halo 4 and has a lot of potential, but that potential is not close to being reached with the current weapon sandbox.

But yeah Halo needs a fucking rest at the moment 

With Halo 4 and MCC consumer fatigue is REAL

"Why don't you just get 7 of your friends online at the same time playing the same game if you want to enjoy it so much? It's so simple."

I guess I forgot Halo is a dead game

See by the time Halo 3 ran its course I got to a point where I just literally never had to play MM anymore unless I wanted to

Given the number of people posting in this thread on a day to day basis though, I don't see why anything should be different

First impressions, literally just started playing the game for the first time.

Holy shit, the aiming is weird as fuck. The acceleration and diagonal slow turn is really fucking awkward, and I have to play on like 7 sens when I usually play on 4 for MCC. It honestly feels like the huge bullet magnetism is compensating for the really fidgety aiming.

Also, clamber is shit, ground pound is awesome, and HOLY FUCK WHY DOES 0 AMMO LOOK LIKE 8 IT IS SO CONFUSING WTF

• Upvote (+1) 4

Literally just started playing the game for the first time.

Holy shit, the aiming is weird as fuck. The acceleration and diagonal slow turn is really fucking awkward, and I have to play on like 7 sens when I usually play on 4 for MCC. It honestly feels like the huge bullet magnetism is compensating for the really fidgety aiming.

Also, clamber is shit, ground pound is awesome, and HOLY FUCK WHY DOES 0 AMMO LOOK LIKE 8 IT IS SO CONFUSING WTF

In the future we put a cross through our zeros. #Immersion

I'm with you on the sens though. Usually play on 3 or 4, but have mine at a 7 which is perfect for me. Still feels weird, though.

I guess I forgot Halo is a dead game

See by the time Halo 3 ran its course I got to a point where I just literally never had to play MM anymore unless I wanted to

Given the number of people posting in this thread on a day to day basis though, I don't see why anything should be different

I had to dig deep in my post history to find this, but here is @@Vetoed and I explaining why the Halo 3 community was the way it was and how it's unlikely that it will be like that again.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2204?do=findComment&comment=516067

Customs aren't a viable option anymore if you don't like the settings in MM. There's a lack of in-game mics and 343 has never been too focused on community features like Bungie was.

Also, when going through my post history, lol at the people who were negging me and saying I'm wrong because I wanted solid proof that there are no smart-link buffs and how I shouldn't be worried about Forge mode because 343 is quiet about it. You know who you are.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Beyond Mobile repping requires extreme accuracy and focus.. or just really thin fingers. 

:weback:

The skill gap is huge.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Pistol - 1.26
AR - 1.13
BR - 1.33
1.28 DMR

These are the killtimes that were found by D0ju. BR kills slower by a fraction of a second, while the AR actually has A FASTER perfect kill time than the "skilful utility weapon".

Anyone with logical sense can see that the Magnum needs a buff. Trades are terrible, and should be eliminated as much as possible.

It sucks so much that the window for a trade in this game is like .5 in relation to those kill times. So perfect shots from everyone seems to be a trade no matter what happens lol sometimes a perfect trades with a 6 shot or 5 shot if its the BR for me

Just nudging the pistol to a 4sk feels like it would solve most of the issues with the AR, BR, and DMR being so much easier for a fairly relative optimal outcome.

EDIT: A slight buff to either the RRR or zoom magnification to the standard Halo utility weapon's 2x zoom (currently at 1.5) wouldn't go amiss either.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I had to dig deep in my post history to find this, but here is @@Vetoed and I explaining why the Halo 3 community was the way it was and how it's unlikely that it will be like that again.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2204?do=findComment&comment=516067

Customs aren't a viable option anymore if you don't like the settings in MM. There's a lack of in-game mics and 343 has never been too focused on community features like Bungie was.

Also, when going through my post history, lol at the people who were negging me and saying I'm wrong because I wanted solid proof that there are no smart-link buffs and how I shouldn't be worried about Forge mode because 343 is quiet about it. You know who you are.

That's just plain bullshit

There are 18 (edit: 20 now) different people posting in this thread just on the last two pages alone

Even if you assume half of them are in my situation where they don't have the game because they plain can't afford an xbone right now, that's still at least 1 custom you could get going

With 234 people logged in right now (and this is a low traffic time of day) if you really honestly truly can't get a custom going then there's just something wrong with this community

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay this game is fairly fun to play, but it wasn't really designed with casuals in mind where multiplayer in concerned. I enjoy SWAT, but I'm tired of swatnums. Warzone is fun for a couple of games, but gets old faily quick. I do hope they drop in some BTB and casuals playlist really soon. I know they were going after the competitive scene with all the competitive hires, but there are a few casuals that play Halo too. Hopefully that gamble to cater to the competitive base can sustain this game.

I know it's only been a week, but I'm ready for BTB and it would be nice to have a reason to jump into campaign or match making daily with something like challenges (I'm hooked on doing something daily, which is probably Destiny's fault, but there are plenty of reason to fire that game up every day and I'm not feeling that with Halo 5). Although hunting down the skulls in some instances were fun.

yes, its 12 with headshots and 15 with bodyshots

Should be more like 10 and 22. There's an unfulfilled need for powerful spray weapons in Halo, but the ones in this game seem way too easy to use, especially the Storm Rifle. Even with their RNG spread, spray weapons are a potentially-competitive element of Halo that we shouldn't just brush to the side. Trying to make them weaker is an automatic and emotional response, and it's killing the weapon sandbox.

(Obviously changing headshot multipliers on its own won't fix the AR, and obviously I pulled the 10 and 22 out of my ass.)

Okay this game is fairly fun to play, but it wasn't really designed with casuals in mind where multiplayer in concerned. I enjoy SWAT, but I'm tired of swatnums. Warzone is fun for a couple of games, but gets old faily quick. I do hope they drop in some BTB and casuals playlist really soon. I know they were going after the competitive scene with all the competitive hires, but there are a few casuals that play Halo too. Hopefully that gamble to cater to the competitive base can sustain this game.

I know it's only been a week, but I'm ready for BTB and it would be nice to have a reason to jump into campaign or match making daily with something like challenges (I'm hooked on doing something daily, which is probably Destiny's fault, but there are plenty of reason to fire that game up every day and I'm not feeling that with Halo 5). Although hunting down the skulls in some instances were fun.

We're supposed to be getting a social weekend playlist this weekend, or at least I think it's this weekend. The way Josh worded it was pretty vague.

You were right, and it's so sad because after 3, Halo had nowhere to go but up. It was the flagship MLG title, it was the most popular game on XBL period (As you pointed out), sponsorships were rolling in, and then...Reach happened  :salt: