CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Maybe someday these REQ packs will give me armor or loadout perks and weapons. But instead, I get more emblems and certification for shitty weapons.

They aren't forum 50s bro and are stuck at that staff captain status, cut em some slack.

But Salient has more rep than me he's a higher level than me :(

But Salient has more rep than me he's a higher level than me :(

Fight him in real life. Winner takes all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MFW when I have 5x more fun in Warzone than in Arena.

I'll admit to @@Sal1ent that I misjudged Warzone pretty badly.

It's the opposite for me lol, I hate Warzone. I only play it to warm up muh hands for Arena.  :holmes: But it's okay, that just means I can sell all my Warzone REQs and keep rolling the dice for pistol skins.  :walshy:

I still haven't gotten any...

After playing for a while, I've come up with some thoughts though regarding the discussion at hand. I'll mainly focus on Sprint and Thruster since that's what I have the most problems with at the current moment. I may be conflicting as I want one thing removed but not the other but, just my opinion/thoughts.

1. Get rid of Sprint in Arena. Sprint as a mechanic in Arena is a completely useless gimmick in Arena that does nothing but gets you killed. I know it's balanced because of shields not recharging while sprinting. Sprinting in Arena is just a guarantee for death, pretty much just shouting out "Hey guys, I'm open to get killed, so please do kill me." It's useless in it's current state. I know it's because of "balance" but why not just remove it? Having it in Arena just promotes your teammates to use it, especially if you're playing solo, and getting them killed, which in turn, gets more kills for the enemy team. It's frustrating beyond belief. Just remove it and up movement speed a tad. (Sorry for any run-on sentences here.)

2. Now, I do see use for Thruster other than just plain dodging. I actually do like it as a mechanic. If my suggestion for Sprint actually did happen, then I think all you need to do is reset the shield recharge once you use thrust to balance it out, similar to how it works for Sprint right now when you use it. This will, at least I believe it will, make Thruster dodging a lot less frequent and make it easier for you and your teammates to work together and to pick people off who do use it to dodge and recharge shields.

TL;DR - Sprint encourages free kills for enemy team and needs to be removed for Arena, and Thruster needs to reset shield recharge.

You won't believe, in my experience, how many free kills the other team gets because someone decided to sprint around to get somewhere and ends up just getting his ass handed to him because he was sprinting. No need for it, in my opinion.

On another note, what have you done to me TB? I used to be a filthy casual who accepted everything and thought everything was okay, and now look at me. =P Actually caring and putting thought into game mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Eden Slayer might be might be my favorite gametype followed by Fathom Slayer. Regret is awful to play on though.

Some changes I would make to the gametypes:

15 minutes

Strongholds 150-200

10 seconds respawn time in OBJ and 5 seconds in Slayer

Move Emipre Pit hill back to where it was in the beta in the turbine area 

Empire 5 flag maybe? I would like to test it. Would also like to test 5 flag on Truth and Coliseum.

That's about it. I'm enjoying the game though minus getting AR'd or SMG'd at times.

I just do not feel confident with a pistol in my hand. It's not that I can't kill with it, I'm usually doing well, but something just doesn't feel right. Maybe I just haven't played enough yet.

In other news, grinding my way up from Plat 1 to Plat 5 now in Team Arena, solo, has been interesting.

Also, my awareness is shit. Just stood in base for ten seconds with the flag waiting for our flag to be returned after it already was. Maybe it's just too late at night for me to play right now.

Maybe someday these REQ packs will give me armor or loadout perks and weapons. But instead, I get more emblems and certification for shitty weapons.

I've had maybe two armor pulls before even buying the game, and I managed to spend a thousand REQ points. Nothing but SAWS and Hogs.

Eden stronghold is my personal favorite. Also have a guilty pleasure for liking Empire Stronghold for it being chaotic but still orderly

IMO top 5 game types/map combo for me are

Eden SH

Eden Slayer

Rig SH

Coliseum CTF (so much flag routes)

Fathom CTF (I like the LR dynamic)

I just do not feel confident with a pistol in my hand. It's not that I can't kill with it, I'm usually doing well, but something just doesn't feel right. Maybe I just haven't played enough yet.

In other news, grinding my way up from Plat 1 to Plat 5 now in Team Arena, solo, has been interesting.

It's hard, it really is, I can hit body shots for days, but that last headshot alludes me often. But when you hit that perfect with the Mag it's all worth it.

I've had maybe two armor pulls before even buying the game, and I managed to spend a thousand REQ points. Nothing but SAWS and Hogs.

Lol I had a collection of 70 SAWs at one time

Because at any given random time, your opponents can have BRs or DMRs. Make Pistol a 4sk and then you'd feel confident going against those guns in any scenario besides long range vs DMR.

I've gotten armor. It's more that I've gotten an insane amount of crap compared to what I want. I just want some loadouts so I'm not running base-level.

I always get the + rep on mobile. Yall need to get some better dexterity

rep skillgap is real.

What sens do you use?

• Upvote (+1) 1

rep skillgap is real.

What sens do you use?

Use that index finger sensitivity to make sure all my hits are precise

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because at any given random time, your opponents can have BRs or DMRs. Make Pistol a 4sk and then you'd feel confident going against those guns in any scenario besides long range vs DMR.

Except the pistol can hang with both of those because of the speed. It doesn't need a buff.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2. Now, I do see use for Thruster other than just plain dodging. I actually do like it as a mechanic. If my suggestion for Sprint actually did happen, then I think all you need to do is reset the shield recharge once you use thrust to balance it out, similar to how it works for Sprint right now when you use it. This will, at least I believe it will, make Thruster dodging a lot less frequent and make it easier for you and your teammates to work together and to pick people off who do use it to dodge and recharge shields.

Now you know everyone is going to complain about this, because they've drilled it into their own heads that thruster is some kind of magical map-traversing super weapon that opens up whole new possibilities of map design. 

To the utility weapon discussion, buff the pistol to a 4sk and then the BR/DMR to 3sk. Then everything will be amazing and nobody will be happy. 

Except the pistol can hang with both of those because of the speed. It doesn't need a buff.

Its only like a few mileseconds faster. DMR is straight upgrade compared to Pistol. 4SK is needed as the game is teamshooting and trading right now because of 5SK.

Now you know everyone is going to complain about this, because they've drilled it into their own heads that thruster is some kind of magical map-traversing super weapon that opens up whole new possibilities of map design. 

To the utility weapon discussion, buff the pistol to a 4sk and then the BR/DMR to 3sk. Then everything will be amazing and nobody will be happy. 

Shut up Lemon. Buy the game, then make decisions. 

"waits for essay"

• Upvote (+1) 6

Personally Clamber is all I need to traverse through a map as I don't make long jumps from one platform to the next due to it making me a sitting duck for the other team, but that's just me. Making Thruster reset shield recharge wouldn't hinder people from traveling through the map if that's what they use it for.

I'd think more people would be upset that you can't sprint anymore.

Not sure if you're serious about the weapon buffs, but I'd be okay with that. It would definitely make the AR less viable of a weapon. 5SK is way too long for the pistol.