CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I plus rep anyone from 343 who posts here for taking their time out to actually post here and talk to us. It doesn't matter if it's @@Frankie being his usual self (usually being a smartass), @@Sal1ent explaining game mechanics or talking to us about X or when @@Deez drops in and talks, I'm just thankful they see us as a legitimate community and are taking the time out to talk to us, even if it isn't what we want to hear. 

I don't see how us 'kissing ass' relates to us NOT getting media copies, if anything we would have got them for kissing ass so I guess we aren't doing a good job at that, I'll be sure to let the team know when need to plus rep more posts to get that issue alleviated for Halo 6.

I won't (in fact I can't) delete your account but if you don't feel like posting here any more, the log out button is easy to click. Just because I personally don't mind the direction Halo is headed doesn't mean the 10k+ users on this site suddenly don't care any more. If anything, Akademik proves he cares, I just think he does it in an odd way when he makes the "pathetic" posts. The times he does post legitimate feedback, it's great.

I don't think we've ever deleted an account because we have absolutely zero reason to.

It's cool. I appreciate the work you do here, and you all do a fine job. It's just frustrating for both parties, so why bother, amirite? lol 

Also, had I known that you couldn't delete accounts, I wouldn't have posted that in such a dramatic manor haha

If people really want to say that this game has good maps they are out of their mind. Many of these maps dont really make sense. A very big bet pev that bungie never did was make railing as tall as spartans except their head. Many maps have this and it is very annoying going into fights when you only have their head to aim. Regardless many of these maps just dont have a sense of any flow. The only flow you get is out of power weapons/ups. One of the saddest parts of this game is that with all these abilities added to the game to make the game fast pace or the fastest halo ever. Slayer games play slower than ever. Most H2-H3 games went around 5-7 minutes depending on the map. Most slayer games now are around 8 to ending in a tie. This is like defeat reach slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If people really want to say that this game has good maps they are out of their mind. Many of these maps dont really make sense. I very big bet pev that bungie never did was make railing as tall as spartans except there head. Many maps have this and it is very annoying going into fights when you only have their head to aim. Regardless many of these maps just dont have a sense of any flow. The only flow you get is out of power weapons/ups. One of the saddest parts of this game is that with all these abilities added to the game to make the game fast pace or the fastest halo ever. Slayer games play slower than ever. Most H2-H3 games went around 5-7 minutes depending on the map. Most slayer games now are around 8 to ending in a tie. This is like defeat reach slow.

I will agree about the rails being too high. It's incredibly hard to shoot enemies from below in a lot of instances.

The only reason I laugh at 'them' is when we are asked to push for these settings

I plus rep anyone from 343 who posts here for taking their time out to actually post here and talk to us. I'm just thankful they see us as a legitimate community and are taking the time out to talk to us, even if it isn't what we want to hear. 

This is a legitimate community regardless if the Devs think so or not. It's a legit community because of the staff and content creators and especially because of the members who make it a part of their day.

As far as the bolded goes I think you really miss out on what the role of this site could be. You make fun of people when they ask you to push certain competitive settings and that's weak shit.

This site (and THC before) is a fill in for the old MLG forums. When MLG abdicated their role as deciding what competitive settings worked best for Halo there was a vacuum created. To be in a position such as this in the competitive community and not advocate for the best settings is completely frustrating. Yes it comes across as ass-kissing. Seems like there's some reluctance to offend the Devs by going against their will.

You mention Orange and Unity and GoldPro - maybe there wouldn't have been so many disparate settings if the influential people on THC and Beyond had stepped in and said "This one, let's get together on this and push for some decent Halo settings."

Oh well, too late now - $1,000,000 tourney from the devs, they won't give a shit what any community members have to say when they put that kind of scratch on the line.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How can anyone here defend this garbage? This should be cause enough to rally against Halo 5 and demand changes or you'll quit the game.

This is in addition to the AR being good enough to just spray and pray your way to wins in FFA. Dude's killing people from 15-20 feet out with his AR in that one youtube video earlier and they don't have a chance. I'm fine with a stronger AR but a pistol should kill the guy most of the time if he has some skill. Not just a LOT of skill, I'm saying people should be rewarded for pulling off a 7 shot pistol kill from 15 feet away on an AR guy who is choosing just to bullet hose people because they suck and refuse to put the crutch down. If it's inside 10 feet ok that's fair.

And I'm with Hootspa, I thought this place was created to affect change in 343's perspective. Most of us aren't even asking them to get rid of all the abilities. Just give us a 4 shot pistol and lower the bullet mag on EVERY gun which let's people score kills aiming 2 feet off the body. Are we a competitive forum or not?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow typically Beyond isn't so divided when it comes to opinions.

I don't think you have been here enough then :)

This is a legitimate community regardless if the Devs think so or not. It's a legit community because of the staff and content creators and especially because of the members who make it a part of their day.

As far as the bolded goes I think you really miss out on what the role of this site could be. You make fun of people when they ask you to push certain competitive settings and that's weak shit.

This site (and THC before) is a fill in for the old MLG forums. When MLG abdicated their role as deciding what competitive settings worked best for Halo there was a vacuum created. To be in a position such as this in the competitive community and not advocate for the best settings is completely frustrating. Yes it comes across as ass-kissing. Seems like there's some reluctance to offend the Devs by going against their will.

You mention Orange and Unity and GoldPro - maybe there wouldn't have been so many disparate settings if the influential people on THC and Beyond had stepped in and said "This one, let's get together on this and push for some decent Halo settings."

Oh well, too late now - $1,000,000 tourney from the devs, they won't give a shit what any community members have to say when they put that kind of scratch on the line.

Well I'd have to ask @@Saucey to step in here because I had no idea what his original goal with Beyond was. I know personally that I'll never push X settings created by community members. I don't think we're a replacement for the MLG forums, not in that aspect at least. MLG had to create their own settings because Bungie couldn't give two shits about the competitive scene despite their game having potential.

I can tell you right now if THC tried to push Gold Pro for example, we'd have people saying "why on earth are you pushing this trash" and I honestly wouldn't blame them. I don't think Gold Pro is trash, heck I thought it was fun as hell when I played it in Reach but trying to push it would have resulted in even more arguments on why Gold Pro was bad and why v7 was better.

But like I said, I don't think like that any more, I respect those dudes for the grind they go on to make Halo the best it can be with what we've got.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uninformed? That hardly warrants a response, but I could go back years and years and dig up pages and pages of arguments I've made about the Halo series, enough to fill a book that you most certainly would not read since this isn't actually about who is correct or what is best for Halo. The highest-rated post on this site is one that I made on the subject of sprint. It was directed to Josh Holmes, it was stated very civilly with a mature tone and very clear verbage - and I'm 99% sure it was either never read or never even considered, which brings me to the other nasty word you've invoked here..."negative". Yeah, I could be described as negative, but the fact of the matter is that I have every right to be as sour as I am given both the state of Halo, the state of the community and its "see no evil, hear no evil" mindset, and the state of communication between the devs and the fans. Don't really care how I come across in that regard. 

I'm terribly interested in reading this, where can I?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm terribly interested in reading this, where can I?

Go to the front page of the forums and in the bottom it has something like "highest rated post by reputation" or something of that nature

@@Moa doing work tonight.

@@AkaDemiK, dude, we all know you hate the direction it's going. I hate it as well, there's very little what we could do about it. You wanna play halo? Then play CE on MCC. I know it's broken, then get the OG Xbox and play 4 split screen with 3 other friends.

• Downvote (-1) 1

the game is actually pretty fun, even if the maps stink.

i dont have a problem with the ar yet. the pistol has an issue where the aiming freezes.  i cant explain it

@@Moa doing work tonight.

Demik, dude, we all know you hate the direction it's going. I hate it as well, there's very little what we could do about it. You wanna play halo? Then play CE on MCC. I know it's broken, then get the OG Xbox and play 4 split screen with 3 other firends.

Hopefully people enjoyed the healthy debate. I don't usually get involved much and post dank memes and sentinel beams but I figured I'd jump in.

and, if it wouldn't be too much, what's the Bomb-Planted episode he's referring to?

Calling @@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully people enjoyed the healthy debate. I don't usually get involved much and post dank memes and sentinel beams but I figured I'd jump in.

Calling @@CyReN

No idea.

The entire reason I started posting on this forum was because I though we were all on a common ground of wishing to see a classic style halo get created again. If that's so bad, I might as-well leave now.

I'm seriously going to get negged bad for saying this, but you guys kiss ass for people that don't respect you in the slightest. You all +Rep Frankie for talking shit to Lemon and ignoring serious questions all year, and ignore the fact that he talks shit about the forum. Then act all sad and surprised that you don't even get a media copy of h5, when no name streamers are getting it. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll remember y'all for H6...

Mods, please go ahead and delete my account. It's just pointless to be here at this point. I'm not mad or anything, but it's just a waste of everyones time. 

Thanks,

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Cont

• Upvote (+1) 1

You wanna play halo? Then play CE on MCC. I know it's broken, then get the OG Xbox and play 4 split screen with 3 other friends.

I understand what you are implying..but just look at what you said for a minute. This is the state we are in with this franchise...."if you wanna play HALO, go play *insert original trilogy*"....that's crazy...wow

but yea....i'm happy for MCC, I can play h1 online...it's lit

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Cursed Lemon I'm not going to get into too much detail here.  I can't be bothered to reply with anything near the length of that.  I agree with many of your points such as sprint.  Play Halo 5 and you'll realise these things are not impacting the game anywhere near the extent you describe.  

Please, get over yourself.  It would be great if you could do something positive for this community, and especially to the extent to which you claim you are capable of, but you won't.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Seriously why the fuck are people still in placement games getting matched with diamonds and onyx's? Just played solo and had two placement kids on my team that are clearly going straight to timmy no thumbs division. 0-15 are you fucking kidding?! Just more to add to the awful ranking system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand what you are implying..but just look at what you said for a minute. This is the state we are in with this franchise...."if you wanna play HALO, go play *insert original trilogy*"....that's crazy...wow

but yea....i'm happy for MCC, I can play h1 online...it's lit

I agree it's crazy, every single person on this site has their own definition of halo. For me, it's Halo 3, for you, it's CE. That's what makes MCC so amazing, people can play what they call true halo. It's a shame it's in a bad state.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1