CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Happens all the time if you don't miss shots and have a decent strafe.

Source: me playing the game

seriously it isn't hard to beat an AR user lol
  • Upvote (+1) 5

which one is the red and white? lol idk the names. Just know the colors

White with Red Circles is Spiral, which is Rare. If you are hunting SPECIFICALLY for this Skin then you can open Silver packs but you won't get other Ultra Rare or Legendary items that you can get from Gold packs.

7e19ddce329fb82890d31421586b9397.png

Implying that every user on this forum knows every little aspect of CE like you would be ignorant. You can't make a post explaining that it shouldn't have exceeded what CE's did and then not explain what CE's did.

Has anyone tested if a perfect 5SK Pistol in H5 will beat an AR user?

Implying Cursed Lemon knows everything there is to know about CE is funny.

Also funny how people regard his opinion but he was as known back then as the average person here is known now.

Downvote me if you guys would like but it's true.

seriously it isn't hard to beat an AR user lol

It really isn't. Some people here would have you think the AR beats everything.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just tested the AR vs Pistol in a custom. Pistol will win if the user doesn't get their AR headshots in, otherwise the AR will win. 

A skilled Pistol user can easily outshoot and outstrafe someone with an AR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can promise you that I know how to shoot but I also recognize the AR is a weapon that works the way it should. Nothing overpowering about it.

I wasn't implying you can't shoot, I was saying that there are people who use AR because they can't shoot haha.

Just tested the AR vs Pistol in a custom. Pistol will win if the user doesn't get their AR headshots in, otherwise the AR will win. 

AR headshots o.o?

I can promise you that I know how to shoot but I also recognize the AR is a weapon that works the way it should. Nothing overpowering about it.

I really feel that it's range /lack of bullet spread is. Earlier I had a double kill from an obscene range and the players were both close to if not fully shielded. I knew I should have clipped it. Being on the giving or receiving end of that just isn't any fun.

This is also factoring in the fact that the AR has to hit all of its shots which won't happen at anything but point blank range because of descope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't implying you can't shoot, I was saying that there are people who use AR because they can't shoot haha.

You should be beating those people in games easily then. If they can't shoot not only will they almost certainly have shit game knowledge but their positioning will make it incredibly easy to kill them over and over.

1v1 AR vs pistol user facing each other isn't the issue. When an AR guy shoots you in the back you can't win that fight no matter how skilled you are. You can only run away or try to turn the corner and nade them. Another problem is multiple people using the AR together. With these segmented ass maps 2 people walking together ARing people is just ridiculous. No matter how you try and spin it the AR is too powerful in relation to the skill required to use it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is also factoring in the fact that the AR has to hit all of its shots which won't happen at anything but point blank range because of descope.

Yup. 

AR is good, but it isn't as good as people are making it out to be.

Maybe it's too easy to use considering it has a similar kill time to the Pistol but the simple solution to that is to not miss your shots and have a good strafe.

If this aiming issue is not fixed and returned to how it felt in previous Halos then IM DONE.

The aiming issue being the game no longer aims for you like in H2a?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that the AR and the pistol are roughly evenly matched is the problem, people. 

But it really isn't

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

1v1 AR vs pistol user facing each other isn't the issue. When an AR guy shoots you in the back you can't win that fight no matter how skilled you are.

If an AR guy starts shooting you from behind up close, you deserve to die for not having good awareness. The AR becomes very ineffective at long range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If an AR guy starts shooting you from behind up close, you deserve to die for not having good awareness. An AR becomes very ineffective at long range.

Halo has always been a game where the better skilled player always has a decent shot in turning around the outcome of a battle when they're shot in the back. If that isn't a big deal for you, then alright, but it is for others.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You should be beating those people in games easily then. If they can't shoot not only will they almost certainly have shit game knowledge but their positioning will make it incredibly easy to kill them over and over.

Who said I was losing to AR players lol? Occasionally they'll get a kill by rushing you down because they cannot use a "skilled" weapon and don't think such an easy weapon has any place in comp halo.

The fact that the AR and the pistol are roughly evenly matched is the problem, people. 

Yeah I keep cross mapping people with the AR all the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If an AR guy starts shooting you from behind up close, you deserve to die for not having good awareness. The AR becomes very ineffective at long range.

Unaware? There are 50000 different angles people can come from, and they can sprint up from anywhere. No matter how great you think you are you will never be fully aware in this game. And yes, the AR is still effective at long range especially when you crouch and scope. Again, no matter how you spin it, the AR is too powerful given it's ease of use.

1v1 AR vs pistol user facing each other isn't the issue. When an AR guy shoots you in the back you can't win that fight no matter how skilled you are. You can only run away or try to turn the corner and nade them. Another problem is multiple people using the AR together. With these segmented ass maps 2 people walking together ARing people is just ridiculous. No matter how you try and spin it the AR is too powerful in relation to the skill required to use it.

What's the difference between two people using X gun in this scenario? Pistol, SMG, Rocket Launcher, Storm Rifle, etc.

You're going to get dumped on by two people using an AR because you have two people firing guns at you. That isn't the ARs fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the difference between two people using X gun in this scenario? Pistol, SMG, Rocket Launcher, Storm Rifle, etc.

You're going to get dumped on by two people using an AR because you have two people firing guns at you. That isn't the ARs fault.

The problem is that they melt you no matter what because the gun is a powerful full auto. If you turn the corner on 2 pistol users they still have to actually aim and land their shots. With AR's they just look in your general direction and hold the trigger.

The fact that the AR and the pistol are roughly evenly matched is the problem, people.

It's almost a wonder that they are both the starting weapons.

The problem is that they melt you no matter what because the gun is a powerful full auto. If you turn the corner on 2 pistol users they still have to actually aim and land their shots. With AR's they just look in your general direction and hold the trigger.

One has to wonder in what scenario a good player would find themselves in that position to get gunned down.

If you don't have enough awareness to be prepared for that situation to happen you'll walk right into it. You can listen for people to be running towards you. You have teammates who update you on who is where.