CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I never thought I'd say it, but radar needs an increase in radius in the Slayer playlist. It's pretty much impossible to predict map flow with all this sprinting, thrusting, and clambering. It feels unpredictable and chaotic, especially if you don't have a team to call out. It's sad that we need radar to balance the gameplay.

The map flow would be more predictable if the power items were doing their job right at promoting/encouraging player movement. The flow of the game should revolve around constantly challenging your opponents for control of the power items, especially when it comes to team slayer. This is why we should be advocating/ pushing for the power-ups and power weapons to be put on frequent static spawns.

I never thought I'd say it, but radar needs an increase in radius.

No! Fuck off!

For once I can actually play all playlists; radar is a stupid game breaking crutch. 

I don't care. It just sucks so many people never experienced Halo CE LANs or Halo 2 on LIVE back in the day.

Can confirm that I have been playing since CE. Played thousands of games of Halo 2 on Xbox Live. Played thousands of games of Halo 3 online.

Nostalgia is a bitch but Halo 5 is legit fun. None of the negatives detract from the pure joy that it is to play.

BOTH

I'm not gonna lie, I've had fun playing it with a good team against another good team. I still hold my opinion about the complete lack of depth the mode and objective provide. Watching it hasn't been enjoyable, the only interesting thing is seeing early on what teams feel are the best strategies.

I despise high level Breakout. Despise.

Thats what you get for being a shady halo kid 

:wutface:  :flames:  :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I despise high level Breakout. Despise.

Typical shady Halo kid

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breakout still better than Warzone Assault though.

I reached my quota of negs for the day but negged

I don't care. It just sucks so many people never experienced Halo CE LANs or Halo 2 on LIVE back in the day. 

I played both in the hay day and have played both relatively recently (not MCC) and can respect both games but don't really care for the games at the same time. I think h2 for the most part is boring to play and in hindsight, only liked it because there wasn't much else to play (I actually liked Unreal Championship a ton moreback then than H2)  and nothing is really enticing about the game execution wise. The depth in the game is very weak as well compared to actual shooters. BXR is the simplest thing to do, bxb is stupid easy and the only somewhat difficult thing to do is double shot which I could get down I bet in 2 weeks. It's a fun game but nothing I really care for, ranks were cool though. Even some of my friends who were obsessed with H2 and thought it was the best thing ever are getting annoyed of its flaws now. 

H1 is dope but I've played the game for 10 years im hella bored of watching/playing the same thing over and over again. At least when it comes to Melee which is as old as H1 and still played, there's new things that are coming up like players using low tiers and tech but H1 doesn't have that depth (no matter how much Halo 1 nerds want to say otherwise). H5 is pretty fresh to me at least. The Pistol is difficult and fun, lots of reversals come up, weapons are really balanced and have a lot of room for potential (something H2, H3 or Reach didn't have), ranks have been giving me a lot of close games, etc. Sure it may not be the most competitive l33t game in the universe but I'm getting solid connections, good games, difficult aiming, new maps and new mechanics which I at least like. It's not exactly barebones Halo which I really like, shits boring to me now. Obviously the game isn't perfect im not saying it is but lol @ the assumption that if you're having way more fun with h5 launch than any Halo game you must not have played the OG Messiah of competitive Halo games (which is stupid to even think of since overall Halo competitive is ******** to say the least). Not to mention new games coming out competitively is really exciting since players are all scrambling to find tech, strategies, mechanic exploitation, etc. which is all a lot of fun. It's pretty cool when I see one team know the nade tricks really well and I have to adapt to that playstyle which I'm not used to in h5 considering almost no one does that stuff yet. 

TL;DR- Games pretty fresh even to people who have played since 2001. Especially when you don't care that much for "what makes the game super competitive!" because honestly I don't really care that much as long as it's fun. Which h5 so far is to me at least

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is there some joke I'm missing lol?

He pulled a system otherwise I have no clue.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Colosseum is pretty darn weird. Looks like I'll need to adapt.

Breakout still better than Warzone Assault though.

Warzone Assault is cash when you want to play quick games and get Req points.

Just kill things. That's already insanely satisfying and most games end in 6 minutes (if you are on defense).