CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone know what ghost meant by killer N and Tupac shooting their pistols a particular way in CE???

Basically instead of mostly strafing and making smooth adjustments to their aim they whipped their reticle like crazy and pulled the trigger each time it passed over the head.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A front page thread on r/Halo right now.

"Community, please dont push 343 for BR starts"

:weback:

I mean I'm not a fan of starting with the AR just as much as the next guy but the BR is too easy to use at the moment

• Upvote (+1) 4

The BR in its current state should absolutely not be a starting weapon. The skill gap with that gun is a joke. What that thread gets wrong is once again the idea that the AR is finally "viable".
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Got placed gold in Breakout with a 2.59 kd/d. I guess Ill never do a playlist solo again because the team mates you get are horrible.

I actually agree.

Game would suck so hard with everyone using the easy ass br. Like having a skill gap again in the main weapon. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically instead of mostly strafing and making smooth adjustments to their aim they whipped their reticle like crazy and pulled the trigger each time it passed over the head.

Is this good, bad, or indifferent, as it's how I typically get the final headshot lol

I honestly don't think the AR is that big of a problem. For the most part, I've only played team arena and it gets you a kill here and there, especially when trying to capture/defend a stonghold, but thats really it. Its not like teams are running around ARs blazing. 

I have not played much of anything else besides arena, but i can see it being a problem in FFA. 

Ah yeah, I forgot they re-opened. Thanks for the reminder.

Glad to hear social playlists start this weekend. (Unless he means the week after this one)

Yeah he should have given a date. "Next weekend" can mean one of two things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feel free to disagree, but the H3 AR was perfectly viable in its intended range.

The fact that we're at this point because you had a bunch of people who barely knew how to play complaining about a useless AR is infuriating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol at the BR/pistol conflict

Yet another thing they could've learned from Halo old-timers - if you slap a BR skin on top of the current pistol, that eliminates a huge chunk of the complaining.

• Upvote (+1) 9

LOL Still not better than Halo 3.

Halo 3 was utter garbage at launch. You can't compare post-launch balance patches to the launch settings of the game. Compare default Halo 5 to default Halo 3 and it's no contest that Halo 5 is better. Once the game has been out and we get some changes and balances in some patches then you can compare post-launch Halo 3 to Halo 5. Until then your comparison makes absolutely no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what ghost meant by killer N and Tupac shooting their pistols a particular way in CE???

Killer N had very twitchy aim. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually agree.

Game would suck so hard with everyone using the easy ass br. Like having a skill gap again in the main weapon. 

IMO, the BR is a power weapon. The thing just shreds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mind the aiming issues if I'm honest, just reprogramming that muscle memory will take time.

I think either the magnum needs a shorter TTK or the AR needs toning down, not both though.

lol at the BR/pistol conflict

Yet another thing they could've learned from Halo old-timers - if you slap a BR skin on top of the current pistol, that eliminates a huge chunk of the complaining.

It'd be funny if they made it look like it fires a burst when it just fires a single shot. I wonder how many people that would fool.