CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd say they're pretty visible. Haven't had trouble spotting them yet

same ^^

I think the current visibility is decent because you do have to at least be reasonably attentive to notice them. makes you consider your moves around the map a bit more. which i like as previously i was never punished for running around like a complete dick :)

I find it hard to believe the AR will be kept in this state solely for Warzone. You hear practically every bad player praising the "weapon variety" and the "viable AR".

This gun has pretty much ruined competitive settings. No one bothers to use precision weapons in close fights, and it's all a toss up between who kept their reticle on the other person for an extra twentieth of a second. The only advantage this game has over Reach is precision weapons that shoot straight.

I didn't say that it wouldn't receive tweaks. What I'm saying is it's not as simple for them to just nerf it to unusable levels unless you're standing next to someone since they have an entire game to balance the sandbox for. I was just pointing that out as well as giving a couple alternatives and ways they might be able to implement a fix that keeps the AR where it's at for Warzone, where it is at a completely acceptable power level, and BTB when it's released. 

Nerfing it's range and clip size in arena is a "no shit sherlock" argument. Keeping it somewhat viable in all games modes throws a little kink into an easy fix though. I still think the easiest route would be nerfing the base AR and make the starting AR for the large modes a "legacy" AR of sorts with it's current stats, just call it something different so it doesn't confuse the masses when they go into arena expecting the same capabilities.

Current generation? Lol you talk like flocking to the newest game is a new thing. I'm in my late 20s and I have seen that shit for the last decade, and it has also happened before my time. Flocking to new games is a norm, especially with franchises that have huge pop numbers.

And i'm sorry but MCC will not have a longer life than H5. MCC right now is dead, it has been dead. Those 1,000+ viewers were only watching for the anticipation of H5. Just like BOps2 has been on the rise of viewership this past week for the anticipation of BOps3. 

Sorry, but halo 5 is a bad game that will have drop off numbers similar to halo 4.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Probably unpopolar opinion: The Halo Reach AR was arguably the most balanced. It was viable at close range, had some potential at medium range with bursting and didnt do anything at long range.

The problem with the H5 AR is that it rapes buttholes at close and medium range, which makes it in many cases equal to or better than the pistol (which it shouldnt be). Its power is a HUGE problem in FFA because of how close everyone is to eachother all the time.

It desperately needs a range nerf.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At this point, I'm more interested in hunting achievements and the req system over arena..... Oh boy.

In the beta, I played for 4 days in a row, got tired of it. During the second week, played for 1 day, stopped again. Didn't even play the 3rd week.... I'm feeling the same thing again already. lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Probably unpopolar opinion: The Halo Reach AR was arguably the most balanced. It was viable at close range, had some potential at medium range with bursting and didnt do anything at long range.

The problem with the H5 AR is that it rapes buttholes at close and medium range, which makes it in many cases equal to or better than the pistol (which it shouldnt be). Its power is a HUGE problem in FFA because of how close everyone is to eachother all the time.

Well you can't make the halo pistol function like in CE because there would be too many instant quitters, just like there were in halo CE on MCC before ranks came out.  Honestly I'd get 1 in 10 games of no quitting in halo CE before ranks came out.  343 doesn't want games to require individual skill with the potential for a 3 shot kill using a utility weapon.  The only option is to tweak the AR as you say.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people are catching on to this. The AR is SO good compared to how easy it is to use. If you think you'll get the jump on someone or that they'll miss shots you should probably pull the AR for the higher % play

Hey, all!

:ghost:

Saw Josh posting about the aiming in Halo 5 in response to some of your questions and figured it'd be a good time to lend some insight. That being said, yes, the aiming did change a little bit from Beta up until now. During the Beta, close-range gameplay felt fluid, mid-range felt decent, and long-range felt flat-out squirrelly. So, our Pro Team went through numerous tests over the course of a few months with our lead sandbox designer, Chris King, and the rest of his team in regards to how our how aim felt leading up to the release. There were some days where our entire team despised it, other days where our team had a split-decision, and finally one day where we all felt extremely comfortable with it.

Now, to be fair, we've played this game for two years, so we do have a lot more time spent getting comfortable with the movement, as well as the weaponry. Nevertheless, like any other Halo player, we all know how good our shots are when it comes to a Halo utility weapon, and that day, we felt it. Thus, after careful tweaking, constant iteration, and daily discussion, we landed on our favorite fit. It gave players the perfect blend of sensitivity across all three ranges. Yes, close-range might feel a little bit harder to control at first, but in the long run, you will all learn to adjust to it for the better. Shooting the magnum in this game is very particular, seemingly like how Killer N or StK Tupac shot their pistols in Halo 1. At first, it's going to be tough, but it will get much better with practice. Even to this day, shooting a Halo 1 pistol up-close is extremely challenging though, right? ;)

So, 343 is NOT willing to implement an aim acceleration slider so that everyone can aim with settings they prefer?

Pretty much all I got from this is, "Adapt to the aiming. Hope you guys like h5!"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are we still trying to push a 3SK Pistol into Halo 5?

We're pushing 4SK for sure since people always thrust away on the 5th shot which is absolutely frustrating thing to deal with
  • Upvote (+1) 3

We're pushing 4SK for sure since people always thrust away on the 5th shot which is absolutely frustrating thing to deal with

Totally, a 4SK Pistol is a realistic outcome but a 3SK? Wouldn't work at all unless we rebalance the entire sandbox.

Totally, a 4SK Pistol is a realistic outcome but a 3SK? Wouldn't work at all unless we rebalance the entire sandbox.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I like the idea of scrapping the entire sandbox and rebuilding it around a fast killing utility weapon.

The main issue with the Halo 5 AR is that is has very little spread. In past Halo games, at least the AR required a little bit of skill because you have to pulse fire to control the spread at at mid range.

The Halo 5 AR has very little spread, and maintains a small cone of fire at mid range even when the trigger is held down.

Combine that with squirrelly pistol aiming up close, and you have an over powered AR close/mid range.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played this game yesterday and have to admit that is was not as terrible as I thought it was going to be.

Not great, but I did have some fun with it.

I like to think of 343i as those kids who tried to AR cross-map on Hang em High and thought "one day I'll fix this"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what ghost meant by killer N and Tupac shooting their pistols a particular way in CE???

Swiping back n forth

Is there any gameplay of the Beyond 2v2 tourny? I'm failing at the internet right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The main issue with the Halo 5 AR is that is has very little spread. In past Halo games, at least the AR required a little bit of skill because you have to pulse fire to control the spread at at mid range.

The Halo 5 AR has very little spread, and maintains a small cone of fire at mid range even when the trigger is held down.

Combine that with squirrelly pistol aiming up close, and you have an over powered AR close/mid range.

Increasing the spread would not help since magnetism will pull most of the bullets back onto the target...

The main issue is how the thing melts you so hard it destroys your shields, health and soul in about a second and you don't even get a chance to outshoot the person with skill. It doesn't matter if you have a pistol, BR, DMR, sniper or rockets, if you miss once, you're almost guaranteed dead. 

There's nothing wrong with the gun being accurate given that the damage on it isn't ridiculous. Right now it's 10-15% above that threshold.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Daniel Wiksten, Sandbox designer at 343:

bmagguy_zpsgvwhsulg.png

This guy looks like he rocks out to Meshuggah.

• Upvote (+1) 1