CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I agree. Running solo is not fun in this game. You either match to4 or get really bad teammates.

I agree. Running solo is not fun in this game. You either match to4 or get really bad teammates.

Or worse, you match TO4 AND have bad teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have never played on Pegasus or Orion, I mostly play on rig and plaza, with truth and coliseum every once in a while.

I have never played on Pegasus or Orion, I mostly play on rig and plaza, with truth and coliseum every once in a while.

Be glad you've never played Orion. I struggle to understand why its in the game to begin with. Nothing about it is good

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing I think would be cool is if the game alerts you prematch if this is a rank up/down game. I.e. "win this game and you'll get your onyx".

And it's appalling how bad searching solo in this game is. If you can't find at least 3 people you're better off not playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing I think would be cool is if the game alerts you prematch if this is a rank up/down game. I.e. "win this game and you'll get your onyx".

And it's appalling how bad searching solo in this game is. If you can't find at least 3 people you're better off not playing.

Just look on waypoint and you'll know if it's a rank up game or not.

I thought our rank was supposed to reset every new month? Or is it every 31-so days?

Why even bother with the rank if it reset it 5 days?

Just look on waypoint and you'll know if it's a rank up game or not.

Wasn't the whole point of a visible ranking system that we didn't have to go to waypoint?

Be glad you've never played Orion. I struggle to understand why its in the game to begin with. Nothing about it is good

I struggle to defend Orion - but at least it's not visually overwrought like nearly every other map. I don't get the obsession with visual noise - look at what Blizzard did w Overwatch; much cleaner.

I don't understand why ranks reset every month anyway? 

I don't know the proper term, but to prevent rank hogging I guess.

Wasn't the whole point of a visible ranking system that we didn't have to go to waypoint?

Ranks are in game, we've never had a competitive ranking EXP stat in a game before. So no, that wasn't the original point. Different situations here. :P

Yea in game only tells you after the game if you rank up or down. And it doesn't tell you how much.

I don't know the proper term, but to prevent rank hogging I guess.

Ranks are in game, we've never had a competitive ranking EXP stat in a game before. So no, that wasn't the original point. Different situations here. :P

Not really when the H5 beta showed how close you were to the next rank. I don't get why that was cut.

So whats the max Spartan rank does anyone know?

152 i heard which takes 50 million exp

That would be correct.

Not really when the H5 beta showed how close you were to the next rank. I don't get why that was cut.

I didn't get to participate in the beta, unfortunately, but really? Yeah why would they cut that? That's some useful information to know.

The one thing I really like about H5 is how useful nearly every weapon on the map is. I can't really think of a weapon I don't use. At first I thought the Hydra sucked, but once you figure it out that gun is insanely good. I'm really loving this game, the maps are just so bad. I can't wait for some forge maps that don't suck.

Daily tweets to everyone at 343 that I know their twitter handle about seeing if it's possible to implement re-joining a game you were disconnected from (or rage quit I guess) by "locking" you into the game until it's over, but no response. Maybe it's because they are working on it.  :ghost:

Plasma pistol and bolt shot are useless in this game, but besides those I agree.

I think you quoted the wrong person lol

Is this what you do with your free time? Just post shit knocking Halo? I mean yeah it has flaws in that regard but you haven't even bought the game. Why post on these forums? ffs. 

Just go to preferences and add to ignore list. The forums became much better after doing this.

These forums got Bungie level features bro.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just can't stand that effing KDA stat plastered all over my player profile in size 72 bolded font. Every game I'm constantly worried about what my stats look like and that if my KDA drops, people will judge me poorly. Sometimes I just want to go into MM alone and grind some Arena, but a voice in the back of my head is always saying "Have fun getting your stats shit on".

Get that shit out of here. K/D completely ruins the game and changes how people play. It encourages statting and sewering your team mates. 343 talks about H5 being a team game, and emphasiing team work, then posts a shallow, selfish stat on the front of everyone's service record for all to judge.

Thats how you end up with kids getting 40 kills and completely ignoring the objective :-(

What was that saying back in H3...Am bracket cares about KD, Pro bracket cares about W/L