CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo 5 needs a playlist that ISN'T e-sports. I just want a non-ranked playlist... please...

Yeah they should throw a team slayer social playlist out there. 

For the record - this game does not try to match you with randoms if you search alone. I've been searching with a t04 for 20ish games and ive received 4 messages from people saying "wow t04" or "thats fair that I get matched against a team" etc.

Each of my teams are won 50-10, 50-20 etc. and you can tell that they are randoms. Inversely, when I don't have my team mates on I constantly play t04 just like in MCC.

I seriously don't understand how they could have clearly seen this problem in their last 2 Halo games and then did nothing to fix the problem going forward. This needs to be addressed @@Sal1ent . For real. I think we're all sick of it.

It's unacceptable
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone explain how I got a perfect medal from the carbine here? 

I'll give you a hint. The term starts with "bullet" and ends with "mag".

Halo 5 needs a playlist that ISN'T e-sports. I just want a non-ranked playlist... please...

But we have Warzone. That is the social experience for this game, we all have to play there. :kappa:

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson about making assumptions based on pre-release footage about things like bullet magnetism and strafe. 

Who am I kidding, you'll all do the same shit come Halo 6. 

Is this what you do with your free time? Just post shit knocking Halo? I mean yeah it has flaws in that regard but you haven't even bought the game. Why post on these forums? ffs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson about making assumptions based on pre-release footage about things like bullet magnetism and strafe. 

Who am I kidding, you'll all do the same shit come Halo 6. 

Thing is, the strafe is very responsive but the amount of bullet mag negates any of that. Also, I think we all knew pre-release that the bullet mag was way too high. We told them over and over again after the Beta and they simply didn't listen.

In the latest episode of the Sprint when I watch the guy talking about bulletmag I couldn't help but laugh out out and yell "fire that fuck".

• Upvote (+1) 4

When I play Battlefield 4 it's almost infuriating how on point you have to be to hit your shots, it's pretty hilarious how you can get a perfect kill with a BR or a quick kill with an AR by just aiming in the general direction of your enemy. What a contrast...

Is this what you do with your free time? Just post shit knocking Halo? I mean yeah it has flaws in that regard but you haven't even bought the game. Why post on these forums? ffs. 

Actually I'm knocking sheep behavior, which you might've noticed if not for the knee-jerk reaction. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually I'm knocking sheep behavior, which you might've noticed if not for the knee-jerk reaction. 

Yeah I mean I can see that but still. Like your lifestyle is just negativity. 

Thing is, the strafe is very responsive but the amount of bullet mag negates any of that. Also, I think we all knew pre-release that the bullet mag was way too high. We told them over and over again after the Beta and they simply didn't listen.

In the latest episode of the Sprint when I watch the guy talking about bulletmag I couldn't help but laugh out out and yell "fire that fuck".

Sometimes I wish I could tie up the people who work/worked as coders for Halo, and tell them I'm not letting them go until they expound every last god damn detail about how Halo mechanically functions. 

Sometimes I wish I could tie up the people who work/worked as coders for Halo, and tell them I'm not letting them go until they expound every last god damn detail about how Halo mechanically functions. 

I just want to tie up the UI guy who left out medals from post game carnage and the guy who chose the bullet mag settings. Actually, better yet, lock them in a room and have them fight to the death. Winner gets tossed into the worm on Rig.

Yeah I mean I can see that but still. Like your lifestyle is just negativity. 

You are correct. Even now, I'm huddled up with nothing but a blanket and some soiled jeans, unwashed hair and a scraggly beard with food particles in it, with my computer on the floor of a 300 square-foot apartment that's had the heat turned off because I couldn't pay my bills due to my need to just sit in front of the screen 24/7 and monitor the failures of the Halo franchise. 

You've definitely got me nailed down. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are correct. Even now, I'm huddled up with nothing but a blanket and some soiled jeans, unwashed hair and a scraggly beard with food particles in it, with my computer on the floor of a 300 square-foot apartment that's had the heat turned off because I couldn't pay my bills due to my need to just sit in front of the screen 24/7 and monitor the failures of the Halo franchise. 

You've definitely got me nailed down. 

Sounds about right. I have grease under my neck and I am trying to defend Halo with my life. I don't even play Halo 5, I've just been masturbating to gameplay. You sound like except I am the defender of Halo. But really.. Halo does have flaws but man. But it's pretty annoying to see this shit. It's not just you though. Like I see annoying posts from people I know saying Halo is dead when they are just casual COD/CS:GO players. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Daniel Wiksten, Sandbox designer at 343:

bmagguy_zpsgvwhsulg.png

"If we're doing our job well, the player doesn't even know all this is even going on"

I don't think you did your job right.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Seriously what the fuck is up with the BR? How the fuck do you work on a game for 3 years and say "this is balanced!" The BR and DMR are so easy at range that every long range fight is just whoever descopes the other first wins. You using this difficult ass pistol? Lolz fuck you pick up a different weapon. The fact that you almost have to change your "utility weapon" off spawn is laughable. The sniper is a joke and it makes this game even worse. The rail gun is the most overpowered piece of shit in the world because it will literally curve towards you when you thrust away. Rockets are actually underpowered. How the guck do you manage that? Maybe my experience is jaded because over half my games are on Orion but the pistol is just too weak right now.

People be posting clips and saying Bro the sniper etc is too easy and I just be thinking yeah but that clip was sickkkk

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game sucks playing solo, I just want to chill and learn the maps without playing Timy's MLG try hard team 5 games in a row.
I have so much more fun playing with a full team but it's hard to always have a full team on...
I REALLY hope this gets addressed but I have a feeling it's one of those things where we just need to 'put up with it'.

There are so many aspects of the game I love, but it's just getting harder to enjoy them when I'm getting stomped 50-10 playing solo.
I don't feel like it's a very social game in really any aspects except for warzone, I would love a playlist to just chill in and muck around on the normal slayer maps.