CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

After playing for a few days I prefer the magnum. It is extremely satisfying to use. I also have adjusted to the aiming. Maps still blow dicks though.

As weird as it sounds, I think one of 343's biggest flaws in Halo is trying to make every weapon powerful. We have all these ridiculous easy to use weapons but we start with a difficult pistol with the same ttk as everything else.

I'm confused about the role of the rifles, in particular. They don't quite function as true incentive items. They create imbalance, which is fine, but nothing is gained from it:

• no addition to the mechanical skill curve;

• no requirement of a markedly different combat style which might create more interesting gameplay (for instance, shotguns require you to get up close);

• no coordinated rushes to claim the weapons themselves, as they're not completely essential--though I'll concede this last point is not required for every weapon, or else the game would devolve to rock-paper-scissors.

Maybe the Lightrifle breaks this mold, but still, I don't see the supposed benefits of the bulk of the sandbox. It's a step in the right direction, but that one step could have been a giant leap. I'm not one to think a less lethal sandbox in the vein of Halo 3 would be better; it's really just about the quality of the weapons and how much they bring to the table.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The radar range in FFA needs to be increased.  I feel like I can't make an informed decision.  It feels so random.  Like I'm being punished for nothing.  And the spawn time is too fucking long.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else randomly get booted from a game for no reason and then get banned from matchmaking?

Yep just happened to me.

Ehhhhh...that's a stretch lol

You can call it a stretch if you want, that is the 'HCS' playlist for Halo 5.

Anyone else feel like Warzone Assault should be 8v8 or 6v6 with a REQ system that unlocks far faster than normal? Because having 24 people focused on a single point gets extremely hectic, and by the time my team destroyed the core, we only JUST started getting BRs and SMGs.

I know ill get neg rep but I hate when people say this isnt halo or something along those lines. If we have that mindset, everything not halo ce isnt halo.

I respectfully disagree.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else feel like Warzone Assault should be 8v8 or 6v6 with a REQ system that unlocks far faster than normal? Because having 24 people focused on a single point gets extremely hectic, and by the time my team destroyed the core, we only JUST started getting BRs and SMGs.

Warzone is the farthest away from a balanced gametype Halo has ever had. They tried to make a Battlefield type gametype but forgot the most simple things, as in not having only one objective to take and having all of the objectives being in rooms with a few doors as the only way in. 

BTB can't come soon enough.

Can someone explain how I got a perfect medal from the carbine here? 

You killed the guy in 7 shots without missing?

I wonder if DST ending had anything to do with the people that said they got booted/banned randomly. I've seen a few different people say it now. Figured I'd take a guess. 

If I get Orion one more fucking time. I've played only 20 games of arena and 10 have been on Orion. How did this map even make the final game? Words cannot express the anger I have towards this hot like of shit. Oh as I was typing I got another game. On fucking Orion. Fuck you 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3

First H5 needs an esports playlist...

Halo 5 needs a playlist that ISN'T e-sports. I just want a non-ranked playlist... please...

• Upvote (+1) 3