CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I was just re-reading the press release of Halo 5 and caught this, (Puckett also mentioned this on the show w/Saucey and FS)

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

On to E3!

I just realised that if this game flops, Halo will have been killed by the Guardians.

This is priceless!

Well if that happens, it is the most appropriate ending for the trilogy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you not see the picture of the scope? Its definitely a red dot instead of the standard br scope. Red pixel??

What artwork are you looking at?

did you see a red dot on a target or on the scope?

that's the point of my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even when he started out, which I remember vividly since he spammed /r/halo, he would still make clickbait videos. 343 would release a pic of a new BR skin and he would title his video "NEW HALO 4 INFORMATION REVEALED" and somehow stretch a picture of a weapon skin for 2 minutes. The guy is not involved in any Halo communities either. He cares more about his monetization than he does Halo, and him promoting his pyramid schemes on his Halo channel perfectly shows that. Don't watch his videos. He is literally laughing at the Halo community with the shit he puts on that channel.

And somehow people are falling for his Patreon campaign and giving him >$200 a month for his trash content. That guy just isn't for the community. http://www.patreon.com/HaloFollower

Below is from his video. It's definitely not a pyramid scheme. As you can see, those are circles. You can't make a pyramid with circles. He's legit guys.

iTqDMS1Pb9xyb.gif

bc2e3b64006c621eb9975a61f0516091.png

We need to find this one person.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did you see a red dot on a target or on the scope?

that's the point of my post.

I think you might be confusing a red dot sight with a laser sight. You can't actually see the red dot. People were just noting that there is no longer a scope on top of the weapon. Instead there is a red dot sight. The Silenced SMG in ODST had a smart-link scope on the side, it is likely this new BR has done the same.

I don't think a red dot sight is the natural first choice for a scope attachment for the BR, that's why I think it might be a hint at weapon customization. If this customization is cosmetic, that's not so bad. But if attachments are like a replacement for perks or even worse an addition to the loadout system and you can attach things like 3x scopes, extended mags, silencers etc I wont be happy. I'll try and stay optimistic for the moment though.

And somehow people are following for his Patreon campaign and giving him >$200 a month for his trash content. That guy just isn't for the community. http://www.patreon.com/HaloFollower

In his documentary video:

"I think it has gone unnoticed how great this game actually is."

Uuhhhh, I think it's universally agreed upon that Halo is one of the most influential FPS shooters of all time, and each game has a metacritic of 90+. Some people might not like it.. but it's definitely agreed that it's an incredible series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there has only been 1 time when either the dmr or br was fully accurate and that was in h2 with the br. the dmr has never been accurate. It was using silly probability since 1/3 br games has had a fully accurate weapon compared to 0/2 dmr games.

1/3 burst fire games compared to 1/3 single shot games is probably the better comparison here.

This game needs ranks and spectator mode. For god sakes.... CoD is at X games, wtf 343i....... step up your game.

343i can make the perfect Halo game and it will never be at the X games.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

bc2e3b64006c621eb9975a61f0516091.png

We need to find this one person.

Pay $100 a month just to chat and play custom games with the guy and get early access to his "content"?

Holy shit did I cringe hard.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was just re-reading the press release of Halo 5 and caught this, (Puckett also mentioned this on the show w/Saucey and FS)

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

On to E3!

Dont expect too much from H5 at E3...

So the name "guardians" and the fact that the first real promo art we're seeing features another spartan, what do you all think of the idea of Chief having his own team?  It would certainly fit with the whole idea of him becoming more of a leader, and it would make sense that ONI would want an elite strike team.  It would also add tension if he went rogue, as to which members of his team would go with him and which ones would try to hunt him down.

I'd imagine the new spartan would fit into the latter group, and be set up as a sort of rival.

Normally I don't go to far into the lore stuff, but is there any chance that this other "guardian" is not actually a Spartan? The armor honestly looks closer to something you would see a female spartan wear (based on stature) but based on that tweet posted earlier it seems the character is identified as male. Could this be a human made robot with advanced AI? Or perhaps this could be the guardian for another species? (Although unlikely given that he is holding a BR)

Normally I don't go to far into the lore stuff, but is there any chance that this other "guardian" is not actually a Spartan? The armor honestly looks closer to something you would see a female spartan wear (based on stature) but based on that tweet posted earlier it seems the character is identified as male. Could this be a human made robot with advanced AI? Or perhaps this could be the guardian for another species? (Although unlikely given that he is holding a BR)

Confirmed: Ultron is in Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is getting ridiculous, Halo Escalation cover art shows the Didact punching Master Chief = That's how he broke his visor.  <_<

Inb4 he's right.

http://www.halopedia.org/Guardian_Forest

It says this was a cut level from Halo 3 that was supposed to introduce a new enemy called the guardian. Maybe altered or unedited content from this level will pop up in Halo 5.

I was just reading about this here. Since H5G will probably be set on the Ark, bringing this level back would be GOAT.

This is getting ridiculous, Halo Escalation cover art shows the Didact punching Master Chief = That's how he broke his visor.  <_<

Inb4 he's right.

I thought everyone knew by now that Didact survived.... DURING THE EPILOGUE OF HALO 4.  :angry:

I was just reading about this here. Since H5G will probably be set on the Ark, bringing this level back would be GOAT.

O yea that guy is good. His dissertation on H4 was amazing really opened my eyes to the story behind the scenes 343 wsas telling.

Below is from his video. It's definitely not a pyramid scheme. As you can see, those are circles. You can't make a pyramid with circles. He's legit guys.

That video made me wonder, if that guy was as rich as he said he was, why did he have such a crappy camera?