CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Me playing ranked, my hearts beatin, my hands are shakin, my hands are shakin, but Im still shooting and im still getting headshots, like boom headshot, boom headshot, BOOM HEADSHOT

Love this video 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This game is so close to being really good but the maps are its achilles heel. Its like playing Halo in a jungle gym built for monkeys. Some are ok such as Truth but maps such as Rig and Plaza are a mess. No flow to them at all. Players can come from any were at any time. The maps are so unpredictable that they force us to play with radar. Otherwise it would be much worse. Maps so unpredictable we have to use radar how is that not a design flaw? Not to mention players can run the flag from one base to another in a matter of seconds. How is that not bad map design? Why cant we have normal looking Halo maps? Looks like we will have to rely on forge just like that last 2 Halo games to get playable maps. 

The spawns need work. Or, you know, forge so we can see the spawns and begin understand the system more in depth.

At this point im dissapointed with the pro team. How could they let that sniper slide with its crazy aim assist and magnetism??? Lol it would be funny if the pro team asked 343 to dial it down to where it is now. Imagine how bad it could of been before

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point im dissapointed with the pro team. How could they let that sniper slide with its crazy aim assist and magnetism??? Lol it would be funny if the pro team asked 343 to dial it down to where it is now. Imagine how bad it could of been before

Yeah this is a point I was making yesterday. I meant to clip this one shot where I know for an absolute fact I shot maybe a good 6 inches to the left of someone and still got the dome. 

This needs to be updated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

well i enjoyed the game for the first few days... but im seriously starting to hate searching by myself. People still quit every other game and its just more frustrating then fun. Along with some of these terrible maps i think i need a break.

I will admit its pretty fun playing with a to4 but if your not prepare to rage fest.

Really enjoying the balance between the AR and pistol atm. Posting up and getting the drop on someone with the AR feels so rewarding.

agreed, I'm very impressed with the weapon balance in this game so far.

agreed, I'm very impressed with the weapon balance in this game so far.

I'm not, autos are stupid powerful for the role they're supposed to fill, ffa is a perfect place to see the kind of damage powerful ar starts do to the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Pistol needs to be a 4 shot kill. You should have a better chance at winning close range vs. automatics. Right now at close range AR is like 80-20 vs the Pistol, it should be more like 60-40.

I'm not, autos are stupid powerful for the role they're supposed to fill, ffa is a perfect place to see the kind of damage powerful ar starts do to the game.

It's not the damage so much as the range. They are effect out to about 2-3 times as far as previous halos. Add to that the way they compartmentalized a lot of the maps where fights occur at distances shorter than the AR's effective range and you get the recipe for oppressing assault rifles. Their damage is fine if it was only effective a short distance.

I don't mind AR being effective at mid ranges, but def. see the need for a slight damage nerf. 

And, since 343 doesn't want a 4sk Pistol, they need to nerf the BR. Either in easiness, or damage. 

It's not the damage so much as the range. They are effect out to about 2-3 times as far as previous halos. Add to that the way they compartmentalized a lot of the maps where fights occur at distances shorter than the AR's effective range and you get the recipe for oppressing assault rifles. Their damage is fine if it was only effective a short distance.

I don't mean the actual damage of the guns themselves, I mean that it's damaging to the game to have autos that are useful in ranges the harder weapons are also used for, ads bonuses for autos allows them to be used in situations they should not be used in, that's a problem, and it only get exacerbated when we have a skillful weapon that's simply underpowered in every sense of the word.

They were probably yes men (not that I'd blame em). I'd say any input they had on the game were things 343i didn't care about.

i like you lol keep posting. AR is definitely not ideal for FFA how it is now. Some of the maps are, as you say, too sectioned off and end up trapping you against that AR goon in an I winnable circumstance. I'm a champion 100+/- in arena ( gone down from inactivity) and FFA is the one playlist I refuse to play because of its inconsistent, autos-rule-all nature.

No REQ pack, armor unlock, helmet, skin, or anything for beating the game Legendary solo? Lame. That shit was a bitch. 

I pulled off an AR double kill from the bridge in front of snipe on coliseum killing to guys on rocket spawn...I cannot see how anyone can really support that balancing

It has a good range, good accuracy, a huge mag, huge magnetism and deals enough damage...where is the trade-off?

So many randoms on the slayer leaderboard. Its sad how few good players returned for h5.

All of the good players are in Team Arena..?

• Upvote (+1) 3

No REQ pack, armor unlock, helmet, skin, or anything for beating the game Legendary solo? Lame. That shit was a bitch.

Yeah that was such a punch in the gut...

As a lore nerd the legendary ending kinda made up for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many randoms on the slayer leaderboard. Its sad how few good players returned for h5.

It's crazy.  Look at swat as well.  There's a Zeppelin there.  Maybe it's a sign that Led Zeppelin is back?