CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Would be nice if the upcoming arena maps had more diversity than what we currently have.  

It's weird they chose the same generic human map art style for so many maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had some decent games tonight and some rough games. Being a week behind everybody is rough, especially on Plaza and the Rig, people are so nerdy already. 

Ranks probably gonna be shit. 

Weird timing but, I liked htt season one better than two, although 2 had some of the best moments of the whole series.

c:

Its really disheartening to see machinima creators get screwed again with no theater zoom, no recording clips and no weapon lowering man. I spent half my time with Halo 3 watching them and now they're pretty much done.

i have been dropping out of games all night in arena not sure what the deal is anyone else having this issue ?

my internet is fine just lag out of the game and party chat thats all everything else is fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its really disheartening to see machinima creators get screwed again with no theater zoom, no recording clips and no weapon lowering man. I spent half my time with Halo 3 watching them and now they're pretty much done.

yeah I was hoping machinimators would be treated better this time, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

So I found a pretty cool feature. If you're in a game you can switch between your party and game by holding the back button to see the score board and pressing B. Might of been found earlier, but I just noticed and thought it was cool.

"It's not over. Not yet."

yeah I was hoping machinimators would be treated better this time, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Its times like this where I feel guilty trying to support the competitive scene and not the community side that got me in here in the first place.

"It's not over. Not yet."

Were it so easy.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Had some decent games tonight and some rough games. Being a week behind everybody is rough, especially on Plaza and the Rig, people are so nerdy already. 

Ranks probably gonna be shit. 

That's surprising considering I'm still playing people that don't realize that there's a camo on bottom mid of Fathom.  I get it uncontested every time.

Also, I've been reading people tanking to try and get bad ranks and still finishing in Gold.  You should be fine. 

What's the chances of making the following changes?

• Truth CTF 3 Flag -> 5 Flag
  • Slayer Respawns down to 5 seconds
  • CTF/Strongholds up to 10 seconds
  • Less magnetism on the Sniper
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's the chances of making the following changes?

• Less magnetism on the Sniper

Has a Sniper in a Halo game ever been changed?

Weapons in Halo rarely change in general.

Weapons in Halo rarely change in general.

Didn't someone from 343 say that with Halo 5 they will be able to implement weapon tweaks easier?

If they did, then wouldn't it be more likely that they are open to changes?

Would be nice if the upcoming arena maps had more diversity than what we currently have.  

It's weird they chose the same generic human map art style for so many maps.

Sanghelios themed map where the f is it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We can only hope, the sniper in its current state makes everyone look like 09 Neighbor, Formal or Snipedown. Dare I say even easier than H2's sniper?

Didn't someone from 343 say that with Halo 5 they will be able to implement weapon tweaks easier?

If they did, then wouldn't it be more likely that they are open to changes?

Yeah. As far as I know, it's just like Halo 4 meaning it is gametype controlled. Simple as modifying the gametype and pushing it out.

I've been a big proponent of the ranking system to this point. But I just played SWAT with my brother for the lulz. We won 9/10 games and he performed better than me individually. I get Onyx, he gets Plat 1. He got placed in Platinum in every playlist no matter how well he played.

We can only hope, the sniper in its current state makes everyone look like 09 Neighbor, Formal or Snipedown. Dare I say even easier than H2's sniper?

You can. It's, by far, the easiest Sniper in the series.

Everyone acts like H2 sniper is ridiculously easy. It definitely takes more skill than damn near half the Halo games released. H3 > H1 > H2 > Reach > 4 > H5 > H2A

H2A significantly easier to snipe than any other Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

CTF respawns are a mess.  It actually discourages outslaying the opponent until they've left their base.  The maps in general are pretty terrible.  Breakout needs to be purged from this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1