CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A 24" BenQ 120 Hz with a 1ms gray to gray response time. My main is a 27" 1440p 144Hz G-ysnc monitor but the X1 doesn't work with that. 

Edit: 4 sens, been on 4 since 2001.

Ill try doing twitch soon if I can get it to work.

Twitch.tv/ttuvapor

Anyone else's CSR in onyx locked??? I keep winning and it just stays the same. 

Only top 200 get champion bro. Gotta keep grinding for top spot

sometimes yeah, not to a frustrating degree though.

My friend complains that his stuff doesnt work every single game...its annoying. He says the game broken...lol

What concerns me is that 343 had the pro team there to test the aiming and got it wrong, so who on the team is going to know what feels right if they try to fix it?

What concerns me is that 343 had the pro team there to test the aiming and got it wrong, so who on the team is going to know what feels right if they try to fix it?

I don't know what is so damn hard to comprehend about the aiming. Having weird acceleration curves that do not match what you're doing with your thumbs makes exactly zero sense. Of course people are going to think its really weird when aiming in a diagonal is just suddenly way different than up/down/left/right speed wise. Nothing about it is intuitive 

Was it this? If so, the award goes to anyone who got a rank, doesn't have to be a certain rank. "Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here's a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)"

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

So since 343 is asking their fans to try to earn a rank when it's going to reset in 30 days, I figured they would give the more rewards with the higher rank you got (REQ packs? emblems?), but nope, just the same participation emblem that a Bronze 1 can get. 343 is going to have a tough time to convince people to care when everything resets in 30 days with zero incentives.

So since 343 is asking their fans to try to earn a rank when it's going to reset in 30 days, I figured they would give the more rewards with the higher rank you got (REQ packs? emblems?), but nope. 343 is going to have a tough time to convince people to care when everything resets in 30 days with zero incentives.

That quote specifically says rewards. Just because they said the emblem was for participating doesn't mean all of then are just for getting any rank.

That quote specifically says rewards. Just because they said the emblem was for participating doesn't mean all of then are just for getting any rank.

I understand that, but with 343's history, anything they're vague on usually means that there isn't much to show. I know that's just speculation, but it has a lot of evidence to it. I just hope 343 knows that they need to offer some great incentives if they want people to care about a rank that resets every 30 days, and I don't see any evidence of that when the rank resets are in weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't play a lot of SWAT, but was it always instant respawn?  I don't have a huge problem with it, just kind of bugs me a little for some reason.  

Only top 200 get champion bro. Gotta keep grinding for top spot

Yeah but you should still gain elo. The more above 1500 you are the higher you are ranked. Top 200 ELO's are in the champions. It's how you can differentiate onyx's. Difference Onyx 1500 vs Onyx 2500 would be huge. If he isn't gaining ELO for winning then something's wrong.

Yeah but you should still gain elo. The more above 1500 you are the higher you are ranked. Top 200 ELO's are in the champions. It's how you can differentiate onyx's. Difference Onyx 1500 vs Onyx 2500 would be huge. If he isn't gaining ELO for winning then something's wrong.

So if I am Onyx 1546 that's higher than 1500? I thought it was the other way around.  

Not sure if any of you like Warzone at all but I really wish enemy AI would spawn quicker and in more places around the map. Also would love if enemy AI would travel around the map and attack people rather than just staying in one area. Imagine fighting over the Garage in the middle and then an Elite death squad rolls in with camo and energy swords and starts fucking up both teams as they fight for control. Idk, personally I find enjoyment in chaos.

I don't play a lot of SWAT, but was it always instant respawn?  I don't have a huge problem with it, just kind of bugs me a little for some reason.  

Just wait till you play a team camping spawns and get spawn killed then instant spawned in the same spot and killed again.  GG 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wait till you play a team camping spawns and get spawn killed then instant spawned in the same spot and killed again.  GG 343.

Already happened.  But I got killed off spawn only once so I could kind of tolerate it.  

SWAT insta spawns are cancer.

It was normal respawn times until Halo 4. I don't know why SWAT kept the instant respawn after 343 removed it from most playlists, seems like it snuck by and ended up in Halo 5 too.

Can we have like a patch wish list thread?

The customs wish list topic is now just a general wish list.

--

@@Vetoed - watching you compete with some top tier players in FFA dude, you're a god.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if any of you like Warzone at all but I really wish enemy AI would spawn quicker and in more places around the map. Also would love if enemy AI would travel around the map and attack people rather than just staying in one area. Imagine fighting over the Garage in the middle and then an Elite death squad rolls in with camo and energy swords and starts fucking up both teams as they fight for control. Idk, personally I find enjoyment in chaos.

warzone assault is decent, default warzone is ass, so slow and disorganized.