CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone else notice the announcer in arena who shouts out multikills is absent in warzone? 

I'm worried they're planning on replacing Jeff with Palmer eventually. I mean, her voice actor is good, but still.

Learned some pretty sweet jump tricks at launch.  :halo:

Jesus.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I hate that you need stabilizers to do so many jumps. You have to sacrifice jump shooting for jumps and that's really stupid. So now, based on control settings, you have really big advantages and disadvantages.

Yup. Not to mention what AkaDemiK said. Imagine being able to get to top mid on Midship from any base, up one level from anywhere on Prisoner, or any number of power positions you would normally have to fight for or having to take certain routes to get to. But also like Moa said, most of these jumps won't happen in-game due to how long you expose yourself to the enemy. 

Yup. Not to mention what AkaDemiK said. Imagine being able to get to top mid on Midship from any base, up one level from anywhere on Prisoner, or any number of power positions you would normally have to fight for or having to take certain routes to get to. But also like Moa said, most of these jumps won't happen in-game due to how long you expose yourself to the enemy. 

Imagine being able to jump top mid from a base on midship with the flag. Wait we actually can do that now. I still don't know how I feel about that route being so easy now and only requiring yourself rather than throwing to a teammate 

Yup. Not to mention what AkaDemiK said. Imagine being able to get to top mid on Midship from any base, up one level from anywhere on Prisoner, or any number of power positions you would normally have to fight for or having to take certain routes to get to. But also like Moa said, most of these jumps won't happen in-game due to how long you expose yourself to the enemy.

But when you hear "four dead," you know the flag runs are going to be ridiculous.

Will KDA also reset every season? People are also saying the ranking system will get harder to get placed higher "by accident" since it needs more time to properly calculate -- can anyone confirm this? So far this ranking system is so inaccurate, we might as well not even have one. Bronze, silvers and golds hardly exist -- in its current state plat is like bronze, diamond is like silver-gold etc... I know this for a fact because I have 3 friends who lack thumbs and still placed platinum, they do not deserve such a high rank, unless 343i intentionally fucked it up so peoples fragile egos could feel good. Hell I have played against high diamonds and Onyx's who go triple negative in TA - they do not belong anywhere near those ranks!

In LoL;

Bronze -- below average

Silver -- average

Gold -- above average

Plat -- higher end players

Diamond -- elite tier

etc

With the current system there are HUGE gaps in skill levels in just one division, even in Onyx and that's not how it should be... ever. 

At it's current state H2's 1-50 system is superior.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The beta ranks were much less top heavy. 

I was Onyx in beta and it seemed perfect. I had to get a to4 and fight to work upto semi-pro. I had never even considered the possibility of top 200.

Now that I think of it, missed opportunity for them to start Weekend Social this weekend and introduce Infection with it being Halloween weekend and all

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now that I think of it, missed opportunity for them to start Weekend Social this weekend and introduce Infection with it being Halloween weekend and all

Missed opportunities seems to be the theme of this game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As cool as this is....it's one of my gripes about the game...map positioning and power positions get devalued because you can fly through the air doing stuff like this...

Quite frankly, while those are very cool and potentially viable in a 1v1, in 4v4, you're almost guaranteed to be shot while trying to auto-stabilize, which will descope you and make you fall in the worst possible position on the map, most likely resulting in death.

Just sitting at rockets or sniper bridge on this map is pretty much a death unless you're fast or kill the person shooting at you.

The aiming isnt the issue, its the movement acceleration combined with trying to aim. Just load upba custom and strafe back and forth and try to keepnaim centered. Youll see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The aiming isnt the issue, its the movement acceleration combined with trying to aim. Just load upba custom and strafe back and forth and try to keepnaim centered. Youll see it.

So you're saying the aiming is fine? 

What about us who really enjoyed the low aim assist in the beta but are only now having a huge issue with it? 

I just realized something. If 343 allows REQ weapons in Custom Games, that would make it a shit-ton easier for them to balance weapons.

Sniper Rifle too strong? Create a "lower-level" REQ Sniper Rifle with less bullet magnetism and less starting ammo.

Need a stronger Magnum? Build a "high-level" REQ Magnum with a faster TTK.

They don't even need to put them in Warzone, they just need to add them as REQ variants and players can choose which ones they want to accommodate their custom games. V1 people can play with V1 weapons while V2 people can play with V2 weapons.

So you're saying the aiming is fine? 

What about us who really enjoyed the low aim assist in the beta but are only now having a huge issue with it?

Load up a custom..seriously. strafe left to right and go full,each direction, feels,like fucking ice skating. Combine that with trying to aim,it sucks. Try it. Then come back.

Load up a custom..seriously. strafe left to right and go full,each direction, feels,like fucking ice skating. Combine that with trying to aim,it sucks. Try it. Then come back.

did you play the beta? the aiming was fine then...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just did, the aiming is what feels terrible to me. The strafe isn't perfect but it's not terrible. 

did you play the beta? the aiming was fine then...

I did and didnt have any issues...and I bet you money the movement acceleration wasnt as much as it is now. Seriously...strafe left to right really quickly, docyou think its rightbto slow down andbthen speed up?

Just did, the aiming is what feels terrible to me. The strafe isn't perfect but it's not terrible.

The strafe makes the aiming terrible.

The strafe makes the aiming terrible.

No. Aiming around without even fucking moving feels like shit to me. The beta was fine. We already have confirmation FROM DEVS that the aiming was changed from the beta. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Society,what tv you on and what sensitivity you using?

A 24" BenQ 120 Hz with a 1ms gray to gray response time. My main is a 27" 1440p 144Hz G-ysnc monitor but the X1 doesn't work with that. 

Edit: 4 sens, been on 4 since 2001. 

No. Aiming around without even fucking moving feels like shit to me. The beta was fine. We already have confirmation FROM DEVS that the aiming was changed from the beta.

I get that. But have you looked at the custom options on player traits? There are damn movement acceleration settings. The strafe is definitely like ice skating. You couple that with aiming at the same time,it feels bad. Which is why tonight ive been in battles where im barely touching the right stick and using the left stick more to aim my shot.